+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 216 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I hate shows that maintain one romance and don't have any character development at all. They're just dead in the water to me. Even if I hadn't read the books by the end of the season I would be tuning out because I don't want to see the same old story every week essentially which is what happens.

Bill's betrayal is a big reason I kept reading the books. His betrayal and sinking more into the background of the books opened up a lot of room for character development. Sookie matured as a woman through her various relationships, Eric's character evolved as did Sam to some degree I thought. Watching the characters grow and evolve has been fun.

But I really can't deal with watching the same old non-evolving characters every week, tension or not.

Sookie's social life and developement have been stunted for years. She finally took a risk with Bill and entered both the worlds of man and woman and vampire. She is growing both personally, socially, intellectually and physically and possibly becoming a power and a person of concequence in her area of the world "Bon Temps". In real life it is very unlikely that the first guy you meet in a bar that you are attracted to and are able to have a meaningful sex life with is the person you end up with for life. Bill has a lot of secrets and knowing Sookie's temper their relationship may not survive. Still this series is about Sookie and her introduction to the supernatural world and how she survives it and is able to prosper in it. I am enjoying the series and the books and hope to see some
    Click to see Spoiler:
    werewolves
    before the end of the season.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Will Luna and the Dallas pack ever show up?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3655063;
    Sookie's social life and developement have been stunted for years. She finally took a risk with Bill and entered both the worlds of man and woman and vampire. She is growing both personally, socially, intellectually and physically and possibly becoming a power and a person of concequence in her area of the world "Bon Temps". In real life it is very unlikely that the first guy you meet in a bar that you are attracted to and are able to have a meaningful sex life with is the person you end up with for life. Bill has a lot of secrets and knowing Sookie's temper their relationship may not survive. Still this series is about Sookie and her introduction to the supernatural world and how she survives it and is able to prosper in it. I am enjoying the series and the books and hope to see some
    Click to see Spoiler:
    werewolves
    before the end of the season.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Will Luna and the Dallas pack ever show up?
    I don't think so, obviously Sookie escaped from FoTS without them. The most we can hope for is the arrival of season three storyline beginning as season cliff hanger...... introducing
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Debbie Pelt - fortunately Alan is intrigued by her character. Alcide and friends should be along soon....
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Argh! I've been having computer issues, so I haven't been able to get on here to post. I've been dying to discuss this last episode! I have to say, that was the BEST EPISODE EVER! I couldn't believe the hour was over when the credits rolled. It went too fast!

So many great moments and SO MANY of them with Eric LOVE the black racer-back tank. They need to put him in that every week. He looks like a panther or something: even just standing there in the background of a scene, he commands attention. Nice little scene with him and Jason and I loved the little barbs at Bill. Bill didn't look too happy when Sookie went to free Eric from the church altar, did he? Eric playing human up at the church was great. So many smiles from him this week too. He really turns me all fangirly - it's slightly embarrassing.

I'm not sure how I feel about the changes AB has made with respect to Godric. I get why he made the changes, but I really like the book version. I did like that he was the one who put the beat down on Lorena. I also didn't like the change in how Hugo and Isabel were punished. There was poetic justice in how they were punished in the book and that didn't happen here. I can't figure out why AB changed it since I don't think we'll see those two again.

Hurray for Jason in this episode! I loved him standing up for Sookie and standing up to the Newlins. The bit with the paint gun was hilarious. I also loved the part about him finding Heaven in Steve's wife. I was shouting "Tell him! Tell him!" The look on Steve's face was priceless. What a weasel.

The Bill/Jason hug in the back yard was a riot! I actually laughed out loud. Jason is such a big, dopey kid. Someone else mentioned the thing about Judas - that was hilarious!

The thing with the heart. Oh GOD. I couldn't even watch when Maryann cut it up. The scene where Tara and Eggs eat that souffle was cringe-worthy. I was talking to a friend and she was saying "What the hell? They cut the thing open and it BLEEDS and they don't think that's odd?" It did make me wonder what Maryann did with the heart from the first victim. Lord only knows. I'll be happy when this storyline is over and Sam is vindicated.

Poor Andy - he's just turning into the town joke. I hope he's redeemed before this is all over.

I'm getting more and more excited to see each new episode, although it makes me sad too because we're more than halfway through the season. It just keeps getting better and better! Next week we'll get to see the scene where
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sookie sucks the bullet - or whatever AB makes it - out of Eric's shoulder

Lafayette continues to be one of my favorite characters even though we don't see him very much. That moment last week where he sees Eggs sitting at the bar was great. It wasn't fantastic dialogue, but the delivery was great. It was something about trouble walking in the mf door. The singsong way he said it was perfect. I love when he calls Tara "hooker."

Anyone know when Sophie Anne shows up? I'd love to see some of the other Supes this season, especially Alcide. I cant wait to see how AB casts that part!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3656965;
    Argh! I've been having computer issues, so I haven't been able to get on here to post. I've been dying to discuss this last episode! I have to say, that was the BEST EPISODE EVER! I couldn't believe the hour was over when the credits rolled. It went too fast!

So many great moments and SO MANY of them with Eric LOVE the black racer-back tank. They need to put him in that every week. He looks like a panther or something: even just standing there in the background of a scene, he commands attention. Nice little scene with him and Jason and I loved the little barbs at Bill. Bill didn't look too happy when Sookie went to free Eric from the church altar, did he? Eric playing human up at the church was great. So many smiles from him this week too. He really turns me all fangirly - it's slightly embarrassing.

I'm not sure how I feel about the changes AB has made with respect to Godric. I get why he made the changes, but I really like the book version. I did like that he was the one who put the beat down on Lorena. I also didn't like the change in how Hugo and Isabel were punished. There was poetic justice in how they were punished in the book and that didn't happen here. I can't figure out why AB changed it since I don't think we'll see those two again.

Hurray for Jason in this episode! I loved him standing up for Sookie and standing up to the Newlins. The bit with the paint gun was hilarious. I also loved the part about him finding Heaven in Steve's wife. I was shouting "Tell him! Tell him!" The look on Steve's face was priceless. What a weasel.

The Bill/Jason hug in the back yard was a riot! I actually laughed out loud. Jason is such a big, dopey kid. Someone else mentioned the thing about Judas - that was hilarious!

The thing with the heart. Oh GOD. I couldn't even watch when Maryann cut it up. The scene where Tara and Eggs eat that souffle was cringe-worthy. I was talking to a friend and she was saying "What the hell? They cut the thing open and it BLEEDS and they don't think that's odd?" It did make me wonder what Maryann did with the heart from the first victim. Lord only knows. I'll be happy when this storyline is over and Sam is vindicated.

Poor Andy - he's just turning into the town joke. I hope he's redeemed before this is all over.

I'm getting more and more excited to see each new episode, although it makes me sad too because we're more than halfway through the season. It just keeps getting better and better! Next week we'll get to see the scene where
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sookie sucks the bullet - or whatever AB makes it - out of Eric's shoulder

Lafayette continues to be one of my favorite characters even though we don't see him very much. That moment last week where he sees Eggs sitting at the bar was great. It wasn't fantastic dialogue, but the delivery was great. It was something about trouble walking in the mf door. The singsong way he said it was perfect. I love when he calls Tara "hooker."

Anyone know when Sophie Anne shows up? I'd love to see some of the other Supes this season, especially Alcide. I cant wait to see how AB casts that part!
    Don't know but I saw a photo of her just this week, unfortunately I can't remember where. Looked very glamorous, the photo was 1930's - 1940's movie star glamour.

I do remember watching an interview with AB and there are very busy with getting the soundtracks and special effects done for the last 3 episodes and he mentioned some surprises
    Click to see Spoiler:
    werewolves, please
    and multiple cliffhangers. I can't believe there are only 4 episodes left.

PS: found the photo of Sophie Ann, in the TV Guide Online Magazine. Here is the url: TV Guide Magazine | News | First Look: Evan Rachel Wood on True Blood.

She appears in the August 30th episode.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-12-2009 at 10:50 AM.

There's an advance review of the next episode on Televisionary. OMG, I can't wait for Sunday! No real spoilers in the review, BTW, but it sounds like this episode will be even better than the last one!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3657992;
    There's an advance review of the next episode on Televisionary. OMG, I can't wait for Sunday! No real spoilers in the review, BTW, but it sounds like this episode will be even better than the last one!
    Read the review. I do like the one comment "Eric plays Sookie for a sucker".

Who is Nan Flanagan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3658182;

Who is Nan Flanagan?
    Nan Flanagan in the vamp spokesperson - the blond we've seen on various TV news shows. Viewers might recognize the actress - Jessica Tuck - from One Life to Live: she played Viki's daughter, Megan.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3658406;
    Nan Flanagan in the vamp spokesperson - the blond we've seen on various TV news shows. Viewers might recognize the actress - Jessica Tuck - from One Life to Live: she played Viki's daughter, Megan.
    OMG, I have to pay better attention I didn't realize it was her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3658182;
    Good, that means he's keeping one of my favorite parts of the book.

I just got to watch - wow. It'll be hard to top this last episode, it was probably my favorite one yet in the series (though I really want MaryAnn to go away now). I do admit to liking TV Bill much more than book Bill, so if he wants to keep those two together, I won't mind so much. Just keep putting Eric in that black racerback like Critical mentioned.

I love Jason again. Those one liners had me rolling...and poor Jessica. What a crappy thing to be stuck with forever!

I can't wait to see how they cast Alcide. I have a mental picture of him from the books, I'll love seeing if I'm close. Godric's house was almost exactly how I pictured it, as was the FoTS church.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread