+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 216 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Who is John Galt?

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I don't want Sookie involved with Eric. I like Bill and Sookie together - period. They have enough tension between them just due to their vampire/human connection. Eric is unquestionably sexy (for a big, blond hunk), but so not my type. I just don't see any chemistry between he and Sookie. However, if that is the storyline, so be it. I will still love this show. The human heart eating orgy was disgusting, but so part of the whole Maryanne, Tara, Eggs connection. She is really really EVIL and I am waiting for Tara to wake up to that fact. Poor Sam. . he is such a good guy and so adorable - I hope he finds a connection with some worthy girl - be she human or supernatural (maybe a werewolf?)

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3652827;
    What I like about the series taking its own angle from the books is that it is like getting another book, connected but not the same, you know? If you look at it like that, it might make the show easier to tolerate...for you book-purists...otherwise, it can be quite maddening!
    I've been watching the show since the beginning but I just started the books last week. I'm just about finished with book two. I can't put them down. I went out and bought them all so I don't have to keep running back to the book store. I love that the story line is a bit different. I have a similar feeling as you, in that it feels like the same story but with an added twist. I have really enjoyed seeing some of the characters' parts expanded from what's in the books (Jason, Lafayette, and Tara for instance) I am curious how I would have pictured the main characters in my mind had I not seen them on television first.

Last night's show was one of my favorites! Jason never fails to crack me up. His line about Judas was a classic.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3653624;
    I don't want Sookie involved with Eric. I like Bill and Sookie together - period.
    Me too!! I'm such a hopeless romantic, and I just hate to the thought of those two breaking up.

I am clapping at Jason standing up for his sister!!!

I'm just now getting to this episode finally!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That Judas line was a great line! Sarah: "You're worst than Judas!" Jason: "Why...what'd he do to you?"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3653839;
    Me too!! I'm such a hopeless romantic, and I just hate to the thought of those two breaking up.
    Probably because you haven't read far enough in the books to feel betrayal yet. I was a long time holding on to "Bill is her true love" till I saw, and felt more of what happens in each succeeding book. The only one who will ever consistently put Sookie first will be Eric, his love for Sookie is slowly developed but you will see, (I think) more genuine. At least in the books.

Bill becomes "too little, too late"........ But, Alan's world could be very different from the book.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3654182;
    Probably because you haven't read far enough in the books to feel betrayal yet. I was a long time holding on to "Bill is her true love" till I saw, and felt more of what happens in each succeeding book. The only one who will ever consistently put Sookie first will be Eric, his love for Sookie is slowly developed but you will see, (I think) more genuine. At least in the books.

Bill becomes "too little, too late"........ But, Alan's world could be very different from the book.
    I 100% agree. I was yay Bill until book #3 and then turned into Team Eric/Sookie after book 4. And if in future books, Bill ends up with Sookie at some point in time after all the crap has been found out, I will be hugely disappointed.

Kiz

I'll just have to resign myself to that plot turn..sniffle. I suppose the story line wouldn't have much room for development without those twists along the way.

It's kinda fun to watch Eric yank Bill's chain about Sookie.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am bothered by the way Eric, in the show, walks around hunched over. If I had significant height, I'd stretch it out to tower over EVERYBODY that I could!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread