+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 216 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Prhoshay - The first two episodes are on OnDemand, so you can catch episode 1 that way
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I read that up above, but I've also learned that OnDemand is not available on satellite television. Now, ain't that a kick in the head??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You know, I wasn't even thinking cable vs, satellite. HBO is advertising a mini-marathon of the shows first three episodes starting Thursday night at 8 p.m.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Goody for me! Goody for me! Goody for me!! Thanks for the info!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3202374;
    Goody for me! Goody for me! Goody for me!! Thanks for the info!!
    You're welcome

Every week, I get more and more addicted to this show! I've already watched this week's episode twice. It's on again right now and I just turned over from the Emmys to watch a third time

They've really done a good job of developing the characters in just a few episodes. I'm especially glad they've given Tara more depth. The scene with her mother was heartbreaking, but it explained so much about why she is so closed off and tough. I wonder if her sleeping with Sam will be a one-time thing. I also wonder if him barking in his sleep is just a weird thing or if it's an indication of something else...maybe there are werewolves in town too. (I haven't read the books, so I have no idea)

I couldn't figure out where I'd seen Ryan Kwanten (Jason) before. He was on Summerland. I didn't recognize him because he wasn't speaking with his Australian accent. His body is insane. That's probably a good thing since he seems to spend the majority of every episode with very little clothing on!

The opening scene was pretty alarming, but I'll admit I swooned a little when Bill said "Sookie's mine!" I love how, well....gentlemanly Bill is with Sookie. It's exactly right, since he was human in the 19th century. I'm enjoying watching the relationship between them develop as well as the confusion Sookie is feeling over her attraction to him.

I'm sad to say, we're now 1/4 of the way through this season

I'm putting off watching the 3rd episode until I can watch the first one and get all caught up! You guys, don't leave me!!! I'm running just as fast as I can!!!

Me too me too! we just ordered HBO and are late to the game!
    But we hope to get at least partially caught up tonight.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I don't know if you've seen any of it, but there is a lot going on in this show with a lot of different characters. That is why I'm wanting to see this from the first episode so that I can really "get it". It's going to be fun catching up, though!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3202529;
    Me too me too! we just ordered HBO and are late to the game!
    But we hope to get at least partially caught up tonight.
    I just signed up for HBO specifically to watch this show and the new season of Entourage that is just starting as well. They said this was from the creator of Six Feet Under, which we loved, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

I'm so jealous that you guys get HBO. I would love to watch this show, I have to make do with reading the episode summaries on wikipedia and watching the previews on the True Blood website until the DVD comes out. I've read almost all the Sookie Stackhouse books so unless they plan to drastically change the direction of the TV series from the books it's going to get real good. My absolute fav character hasn't been on the TV yet but he's coming.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread