+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 216 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I was watching an interview Alan Ball did at Comic Con and I liked what he said as far as how he is telling the story. The books are first person narrative from Sookie's point of view. The TV series is what happens to the other characters when Sookie is not around to see. Although that premise sorta got shot out the door last night with Sookie being involved as much as she was with the Fellowship of the Sun senario. Oh, there will be more than one cliffhanger during the season finale.

One of the best lines last night was the guy who got arrested for having sodomy with a pine tree.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Was it just me, or did Godric look Asian in the earlier episode, when he "made" Eric? Is it even the same actor?

What I like about the series taking its own angle from the books is that it is like getting another book, connected but not the same, you know? If you look at it like that, it might make the show easier to tolerate...for you book-purists...otherwise, it can be quite maddening!

Great episode last night!!!! Can't wait to watch it again!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

I think Godric could be an Aztec or Mayan because he's over 2,000 years old and his tattoos look kinda Aztec or Mayan to me.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Interesting point. This Godric looks like "Joe Regular white guy", which is not what I thought I saw when he made his first appearance on this show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The scene with Maryanne cutting up Daphne's heart to put in the frying pan were horrific! I assume thats what she fed Tara and Eggs. What effect will that have on them? It looks as if its bringing out their violent side and they could very well kill each other--to Maryanne's delight.

Daphne told Sam that when the people have those black eyes and are acting all out of control, that is Maryanne's energy coming through in them. The maenads are all about creating unfettered behavior.....excessive drinking, excessive sex, total chaos. When they were slapping each other around, I couldn't help but wince everytime. Notice that no one got mad, though; it was all under Maryanne's control. Can't say that I really get it, but that's the story.

I almost got sick when Maryanne was cutting up Daphne's heart! And when they ate it, and couldn't seem to get enough of it..........I lost it.

Oh my word, I had to look away during that part. I just could not even watch when they were eating the hunter's souffle. I have a very established nausea/gagging reflex and just thinking about it set me off. Ugh.

I am so ready for this MaryAnn storyline to be over. I am thinking that next week Lafayette steps in and tries to "wake up" his cousin. I know he saw something in the tarot cards and the look on his face was very uneasy.

Man, I LOVED the church scene, especially Jason's quip at the end to Steve Newlin about "already been in heaven when he was inside his wife." Although I see it's not done yet...I don't see what happened at the house in the book happening though. I don't see this Bill going off to "hunt" and leaving Sookie, it's possible that since Bill is still outside, he has no way to get inside and Eric saves her again. I think the real issues between Bill and Sookie will start at the very end of this season or next season with Queen Sophie and the weres.

Now, just think what we would have missed had Jason's Fellowship of the Sun storyline had not been brought in or eliminated like people wanted it to be! I knew that storyline was going to get good down the road, and was important to the overall story!

Poor, poor Jessica .

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3653085;
    Poor, poor Jessica .
    I know, I felt so sorry for her. For the rest of her life, every time is her first. She could not have found a more sympathetic partner for this curse.

liz_momof2: Alan admitted that there will be a triangle between Eric/Sookie/Bill at comic-con but never gave details. He said one word, "yes".

However, in an earlier interview, he said he wasn't sure how far he would go with the Eric/Sookie storyline. At the time, most fans of the show were heavy into Bill/Sookie love ...... but now, some of those fans have read the books and are big Eric fans. So, I think he is partial to viewers response and is also sensitive to the fact that Stephen and Anna are real life partners and bring a great chemistry to the show.

That said, I was almost swooning watching Eric lean in to Sookie to softly, intimately, speak to her...... so it doesn't take much to satisfy me with Eric & Sookie.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread