+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 214 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Click to see Spoiler:
    I heard that after LOST is done, Michael Emerson wants to play a part on True Blood. I was just thinking, last night, that, since by that time it'd be season 4 of True Blood, he'd be perfect as Calvin Norris.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler;3622293;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I heard that after LOST is done, Michael Emerson wants to play a part on True Blood. I was just thinking, last night, that, since by that time it'd be season 4 of True Blood, he'd be perfect as Calvin Norris.
    I can see that Twiddler. But, really buy that time, Alan Ball could come up with anything. It would be nice for Arlene (can't remember actress's real name) to have her real life husband on the same show for awhile. They are both such fine actors.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

^^^ I just can't see that actor in that part. I always imagined him looking completely different from that actor when I was reading the books.

Tonight's episode was amazing! Some really great lines tonight:
    "...faster than a fritter at a fat farm." (Lafayette talking about how fast the V is selling)
    "Thank you Jesus, Santa Claus and Hari Krishna!"

I find I actually like flashback Bill better than I like present day Bill. Maybe it's the hair. I'm not liking the changes they've made to Bill's story here, especially with respect to Lorena and Eric. Eric shouldn't have to do any maneuvering to get Sookie: he's Bill's superior. I'm also OVER Maryann's storyline. I'm trying to imagine how they'll get rid of her because it won't be like Charlaine wrote it, for sure.

Based on the previews for next week, I'm happy we'll see lots more of Eric.

ETA: Okay, how cute were Hoyt and Jessica? I did get a little weirded out about him being 28. It wasn't long ago that she was a teenage girl. Still, they're so sweet together. With all the changes Alan has made to the books, the addition of Jessica is one of the changes I love, along with keeping Lafayette.
    Last edited by Critical; 08-02-2009 at 10:33 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I love Jessica and Hoyt. A little creeped out by the whole "age" thing because she isn't like the others who while they may LOOK a certain age, they are really 100s or 1000s of years old. But Hoyt seems like he is in his late teens because of his naive attitude about life and love.

I am very curious about how they are going to get rid of Maryann now. In the books, she just has her fun and then leaves, I just don't think this is going to be the case this time. I really think it somehow revolves around Tara standing up to her and maybe even Eggs and the other dude die?

I am thrilled with Eric coming to save her from the FOTS and Bill being stuck with Lorena. You just KNOW that Sookie is going to take that very personally and not "get it" that he really was unable to leave. Ugh to the whole Lorena storyline though, ya know in the books, I didn't feel sorry for the Newlins at all and am starting to feel bad for Mrs Newlin, and now I really didn't like Lorena in the books, and am starting to feel bad for her now too. IF Alan Ball brings Debbie Pelt into the series, he'd better not make me feel sorry for her!!!

I really loved tonight's episode (especially the part with Jessica and Hoyt). For about a minute I was shocked at the age difference, but then realized that they are both on the same age level sexually, and he just feels younger and she definitely feels older then 18-19 years, so I got over it.

I love how Eric is coming into Sookie's life more, and the fact that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Queen Sophie Anne will be showing up this season. Perhaps that storyline will come to play faster with Bill/working for Queen, and using Sookie?
    I also enjoyed the previews which showed that Sara shot Jason with a paint ball gun, while he wasn't my favorite character in the book series - I enjoy seeing Jason on TB and am glad Sara didn't kill him.

I am tired of MaryAnn as well - they have really brought out the idea of how evil she is, just as bad as FoTS is. The good side of this is she will probably be gone at the end of the season right? (gee, I hope so)! I didn't get why she killed her pig/Daphne. Because of what she told Sam??? I was surprised when Eggs killed Daphne, I had been wondering what part he played in her life. Great show!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I actually enjoy MaryAnn's storyline, because I think she's a terrific actress. I like this show, but as far as the acting goes, I'm not too impressed. I'm also upset Daphne is killed, but for selfish reasons (I thought she was really cute )

There's certain story lines in the books I didn't find interesting and I found on the show I'm not liking them much either. If the show starts leaning too heavily on them I'll probably quit buying the seasons on DVD (I don't have that channel to watch it on tv).

But I'm looking forward to see how they work out this Eric situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3606129;
    I just want to see Sookie/Eric get together.
    I really like Eric, and I think Sookie is very annoying, so ick! I don't want to see that!

I want to see Sookie progress and grow up through her varied relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3634186;
    I want to see Sookie progress and grow up through her varied relationships.
    Ahh, you have just recognized the heart of Ms. Harris writings IMO! She has mentioned that when she is working on a series, she wants her characters to evolve, mature and reach a good place in their lives. Every series that she has completed, has ended this way. Aurora Teagarden, Lily Bard, and soon the end will come for Harper and Tolliver.
    The fact that she will be writing Sookie stories till 2014 suggests that their will still be character development and she hasn't ruled out further love interests, although she hasn't decided to bring in anyone new either.

On a side note: One of the Sookie book series has mention of a team of investigators that find Sookie, to ask her questions regarding the disappearance of a certain werelynx; the couple team are Lily Bard and her partner Jack Leeds. I loved the crossover of the two series!
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread