+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 216 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

He might be trying to explain the Lorena thing before the fact instead of after the fact maybe or foreshadow it enough so that it doesn't catch people off guard in the show. Make it more of a gradual shift than all of a sudden a passing mention of the character like in the book... I don't know. I'm taking a stab in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3596218;
    They did show how Bill was turned and there were a number of scenes with Lorena last season, including the one where he watched his family after he'd been turned.

I wonder if Alan Ball is sort of combining books 2 and 3 what with Lorena being in the mix. Maybe having her around will help him set up season 3 a little better. I'm not a huge fan of book 3, so I'd love it if they just added it on to this season!

Eric doesn't look like an addict, he looks like a vamp! Those arms and that VOICE! He's 10 times sexier than Bill, IMHO, although I'll admit that I've never been a big fan is Bill, looks-wise. I think Stephen and Anna have good chemistry, but I think Alexander has good chemistry with everyone (and anything! )

I'm excited that Pam is back next week, but she's not dressed like Pam should be dressed. I want those pastel twin sets and penny loafers!
    Usually, I try and reduce the quote to just the part I am most interested in, but I am with you on everything here.
    In the books I was a big Bill fan even after Sookie dumped him, (what can I say, I am a forgiving type, at least with fiction ) But, eventually book Eric was so darn attractive, I could not resist him. Even now, prhoshay I find myself associating book Eric with Alan's Eric, and that may be why he is so much more appealing to me then Bill.

I would not be surprised if Alan started introducing for continuity sake, entire storylines from books within one season, regardless of the future book they are in. I would love to see story subplots resolved more quickly.

I do hope he keeps/incorporates the Sookie/Eric storyline from books, because he is really my favorite character after Sookie, and I love Pam and Lafayette almost as much.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm still waiting on book #3.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

I wonder if he is going to introduce Alcide next season.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have/had an uncle named "Alcide". Never met him (and he's probably dead), always heard about him. My grandfather's (who died at 106) brother. And, yes, they are from Louisiana.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hope they do bring Alcide in. But if they do, Debbie might be there too. Poor Sookie.

I'm not thrilled about Lorena coming in already, but I guess it had to happen eventually. I wonder how far he'll go with that....in the books, it's where I lost my love for Bill and became a huge Eric fan. Either way, I'll be glad when the Fellowship of the Sun stuff is over.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3604832;
    I hope they do bring Alcide in. But if they do, Debbie might be there too. Poor Sookie.

I'm not thrilled about Lorena coming in already, but I guess it had to happen eventually. I wonder how far he'll go with that....in the books, it's where I lost my love for Bill and became a huge Eric fan. Either way, I'll be glad when the Fellowship of the Sun stuff is over.
    Actually I think it could be a good thing to bring Lorena in. Hopefully the storyline won't change too much and everyone will get to see what Bill gets up to with her and the real reason he's involved with Sookie. Queen Sophie is supposed to be in season 2 also so I think that's the road the story is going down. I just want to see Sookie/Eric get together.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

So do I, but I think Alan is still considering whether he will go there. I think it will depend on whether there is sufficient viewer interest. Hey please count me in on Sookie/Eric romance!!!

TrueBlood has their feature at Comic-Con tomorrow - I will be searching for any spoilers on this season.

ETA: whoops, the panel and Q&A session will be tonight (5:15-6:15); I will have to check the net tomorrow for info as I will be out this evening.
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 07-25-2009 at 05:38 PM.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

HBO just posted a video preview produced for Comic Con of the rest of the season on the official website and OMG. It looks really good, even though there will probably be too much FoTS for my taste. Also it looks like
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Eric is the vamp they will try to sacrifice in the church. Plus, Sam ends up in jail and Tara is sucked even further into Maryann's world.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3613618;
    HBO just posted a video preview produced for Comic Con of the rest of the season on the official website and OMG. It looks really good, even though there will probably be too much FoTS for my taste. Also it looks like
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Eric is the vamp they will try to sacrifice in the church. Plus, Sam ends up in jail and Tara is sucked even further into Maryann's world.
    oooooo, I just saw it and it looks quite good !!!

+ Reply to Thread