+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 210 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Kiz

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I was wondering if the new female vamp in Bill's life wasn't his maker as well. I sort of remembered her being an older woman, but they did show a in the beginning recaps Bill being made, and those are often foreshadowing of upcoming story lines that are about to be readdressed.

Couldn't Tara see that Maryann was a wolf in granny's apron? That was just creepy.

My husband and I were just laughing at how dumb Jason is on the show. Since I haven't read the books yet, I don't have any preconceived notions about their character, so I kind of find his naiveness endearing.

I really love the new Jessica character. It was so funny when she told Bill he never told her she couldn't order off the menu.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Kiz

"Couldn't Tara see that Maryann was a wolf in granny's apron?"

I'm up posting too early. I worded that wrong. I know Tara realized she was talking to Maryann...but it was a little Red Riding Hoodesque to me with Maryann dressed in the grandma clothes and her makeup and hair all toned down. She has Tara eating out of the palm of her hand.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Oh definitely noticed that about MaryAnn and looking like Gran with no make-up, hair pulled up like Gran's, and a "Gran" outfit on. Weird.

Yes, the woman at the very end of the show coming down the hall is Lorena, Bill's maker. Things are about to get verrrry interesting I think. I am almost giddy about her appearance because it might start the end of Sookie/Bill and the beginnings of ERIC/SOOKIE!! I definitely think that Eric somehow got her to come to TX because he wants Sookie and has to get them apart. My only "ehhh" in the whole situation is that doing so this early on is somehow going to backfire or not come off realistic (or as realistic as you can get in this version of our world.)

In the books, Lorena appears after Sookie is already somewhat attracted to Eric and although it's kind of a love/hate thing, they have a little flirty thing at times. Also, Sookie is peeved at Bill already because of him disappearing during the attacks in TX and then being distant while working on his database and then flat out leaving altogether with no explanation (when Lorena "called" him to her.) And then she finds out that he left to go to his maker. In the tv show, Bill is none of those things yet, he is attentive and caring towards her and Sookie's feelings for Eric tend to be more about revulsion and frustration without a hint of attraction. Plus, I think at this point in time, Eric is more concerned with taking Sookie as his "possession" than having any real feelings towards her. It's very very strange, but in the books I am very much an Eric fan (as I have professed many a time on here) and can't stand Bill, but in the tv series, I am actually a Bill fan and can't stand Eric. I think Alexander Skarsgard is very good looking but at the same time, I am not sure that I like the character that Eric has been made into.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They make Eric up to look like a coke-head......which is supposed to look like a vampire? I don't see why you ladies are getting all fluttery over him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3590742;
    They make Eric up to look like a coke-head......which is supposed to look like a vampire? I don't see why you ladies are getting all fluttery over him.
    Haven't seen any of this season yet. Keeping up with the spoilers on here to see if I want to buy it when it comes out on DVD. But I don't like the TV Eric much at all because he's not what I imagined Eric to be but I like the book one and I still want to see her end up with him just to move through this Bill/Sookie story line and on to other stuff.

Anything to disrupt the current storyline (valuable episode time) of "I love you and want you (in case you forgot from 2 minutes ago) so much, now lets do it again" is a welcome addition for me.
    Even I, a quasi-hopeless romantic, am getting sick of seeing it over and over again.

That's what I liked about the books was the progression of relationships and her growth as a woman through them. lol If they keep the Bill storyline going endlessly I think we'll miss some of that growth and it turns into just a moosh-fest.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I would love for Bill to explain how he separated from her, lest i missed it in the first season.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

IIRC, the only thing that they showed was them going to his home, seeing his wife and children on the porch, and they left it at that.

You know, it never dawned on me that the woman walking down the hall was his maker. Interesting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

They did show how Bill was turned and there were a number of scenes with Lorena last season, including the one where he watched his family after he'd been turned.

I wonder if Alan Ball is sort of combining books 2 and 3 what with Lorena being in the mix. Maybe having her around will help him set up season 3 a little better. I'm not a huge fan of book 3, so I'd love it if they just added it on to this season!

Eric doesn't look like an addict, he looks like a vamp! Those arms and that VOICE! He's 10 times sexier than Bill, IMHO, although I'll admit that I've never been a big fan is Bill, looks-wise. I think Stephen and Anna have good chemistry, but I think Alexander has good chemistry with everyone (and anything! )

I'm excited that Pam is back next week, but she's not dressed like Pam should be dressed. I want those pastel twin sets and penny loafers!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread