+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 216 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787137 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Yeah that's true about the series but I figured since they were going all off kilter they would have just tossed her into the fellowship of the sun now too.

Does anyone know if they are making this season longer than last? There were only 10 episodes last season and it almost seemed too short, like they were trying to pack a lot into it.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

there were twelve episodes in the first season, Cali. You get to watch a couple more!
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Aaah! See, I need to go buy the darn dvds!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Last night's ep was meh. I sorta know what happens to Sookie in the beginning of the next ep so that's holding me down.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I have not read the books. The reason I started watching this show was people here discussing how good it is. I have enjoyed. I am not sure I will go read the books, will it ruin the show for me? I do not mind movies not following books to an extent but if it goes completely away from the book then I am generally not thrilled.
    There's no place like home!

The books are similar to the show from what I've seen but I haven't watched this season yet. I mean they use the same characters and season 1 was pretty close. From what I'm understanding season 2 has veered away.

So if you want to read the books because they're the same? I wouldn't. If you want to read the books because it's the same characters doing similar stuff then I would read them. I liked the books before I liked the show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

To give you an example of how different they are... in the books Lafayette is a very minor charactor, and his fate is um,... very different than it seems to be in the TV show, from what I read here. There's maybe a page of material on him in the book.

I am loving the new season of True Blood. After watching last season, I read the book. And I made a deal with myself that I would not read the second book until after this season is over. This way I get the newness and all from the season, then I can read the book and feel the excitingness of the book. I love this show. 2 big cliffhangers in this last episode, with Bill and Lafayette, and what on earth was that women in the bar with those black eyes!!!!!!??????

I even have my husband watching it and loving it!!!

Click to see Spoiler:
    What in the heck attacked Sooki? That was creepy!! I do love the little relationship beginning with Jessica and the nerdy guy. It's very cute.
    Last edited by buglover; 06-28-2009 at 10:46 PM.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread