+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 205 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

But, why would Bill have killed Eric when it was Longshadow that was about to kill Sookie, at that point? I ask this because I've only read the first 2 books, so this is all I know so far. If there is more, then I don't know it yet.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

no - she meant that in the books it is Eric who kills Longshadow, not Bill.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Thanks iquana for clarifying that! In the books, Eric kills Longshadow. That, to me, was the beginning of Eric and Sookie, although neither realized it. For a vampire to kill another vampire to save a human is HUGE and I think that he did it to save Sookie because he viewed her as a valuable resource but I think that was the beginning of him risking his well-being for her.

That was a disappointment in the show for me too because I'm a big fan of Eric in the books. And I agree that I hope the books don't go the way of the show to appease the fans of the show. That being said if somehow Eric can come around to like he is in the books I'll probably like the show a little more. The romantic tension is one of the reasons I read the books which include's Sookie's travels through various men.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3515303;
    That was a disappointment in the show for me too because I'm a big fan of Eric in the books. And I agree that I hope the books don't go the way of the show to appease the fans of the show. That being said if somehow Eric can come around to like he is in the books I'll probably like the show a little more. The romantic tension is one of the reasons I read the books which include's Sookie's travels through various men.
    You hit the nail on the head...this is what makes the story IMO and I think that is why a lot of us are a bit 'underwhelmed' with the progression of the hbo series so far (not that I dislike the show entirely or anything!!! a thousand times no!).
    If AB chooses to keep the Bill/Sookie line prominent throughout the series I think the story is not nearly as interesting/complex/fascinating. I love the growth sookie makes through her many men, and I love the various relationships that develop among all the characters because of her sexual escapades. And, of course, I love what happens when the Bill/Sookie/Eric triangle comes into play..and how Eric evolves as a character.

Without sookie's numerous relationships (most importantly with Eric) I fear that we lose the actual 'meat' of the Southern Vampire Series that we all know and love.
    *and let me disclaimer here: I don't expect a verbatim replication of the books (although I wouldn't mind, honestly)...but I do want the general story to remain the same. I love some of the liberties AB has taken with the story (Lafayette, anyone?) and encourage him to do so, I just don't want the series to completely differ from the original.

Premium Member

OMG
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the ending, are Eric and the others turning Lafayette or killing him. Wow. And what is Bill going to do, kill Jessica's family. And that Maryann is one scary maenad. Yikes one look and Sam goes back to dog.

Premium Member

LOL at Eric being all stressed out about getting blood all over his hair. Now we know why he gets his hair cut.

Alright, I didn't mind tonight's episode. My new #1 complaint is too much Jason. Of course I complained about that to my husband and friends during season one too. I do agree with causingchaos and Mindy. I like how Sookie evolves and learns as she goes through the different relationships. I think she needed to be betrayed by Bill to grow up a bit and not be so naive about love and relationships. After all, very few end up happily ever after with their first love.

I do have to say I cracked up about the hair scene and the reason why Eric had to cut his hair. But I still wonder why didn't he just take a shower and wash out the blood? Does it dye his hair or something? It was normal human blood, not crazy vamp blood. And why exactly was he getting highlights? I would think they wouldn't last but oh well...minor detail.

I guess the blood stained his blonde hair. I laughed when he worried about it pissing Pam off.

It's going to be weird if they turn Lafayette (now that's a total departure from the books!), but I much prefer that to the alternative. And I'm hoping Bill just glamours Jessica's family instead of...other things. What a stupid girl. Bill was looking good last night, too. As was shirtless Jason, and Tara's guy friend...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Hey I wouldn't want to piss Pam off either.

I would actually be okay if they turn Lafayette. He's such a minor character in the books but the tv show has really fleshed him out to be a main character who I like.

Eggs is HOT, his abs are definitely drool-worthy. Jason, ehhh, he's attractive but I just don't like the character, so I am turned off.

+ Reply to Thread