+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 210 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383133 ... LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3502204;
    I read an interview that said they plan for True Blood to be around long enough that it will start to be hard to hide the fact that the vampires (actors) are aging. heh

I love this show and how the vampires are subtly humanized. One of my favorite lines of the night was Bill's "we recycle" line. lol
    Haha, the recycling bit was funny ! It was adorable watching Bill trying to find a good mix of the Tru Blood for Jessica to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3502204;
    One of my favorite lines of the night was Bill's "we recycle" line. lol
    I cracked up when he pulled out the recycling bins. And when they showed Eric with the foils.

I don't really mind them deviating from the books. I enjoyed the books, and I'll enjoy the path the series will take, I'm sure. Whatever they're doing, they're doing right - I'm hooked!

One thing I could do without is new vamp Jessica. God, she's annoying.

And we sure did see a whole lot of Sookie last night.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I sort of like Jessica. She's such a typical teenager! It's like Sookie and Bill are going to play house with my own step daughters in a way! hahahaha
    Yup, with donuts!!

I could probably deal with the other changes. Jessica just really isn't doing it for me. There's enough characters to pull from that they didn't really need to add another vampire. I pictured Eric taller and buffer with more hair.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3502449;
    In the book I think Eric sounds like he looks more like Brad Pitt's character in Interview with a Vampire. Long beautiful curly hair.
    Long blond hair but wavy, from my reading of it. But MUCH bigger than little Brad Pitt---Eric is a Viking, and apparently a large one at that. Sookie is always commenting on how much she has to look UP at him... in contrast to her boss at the bar who turns into a collie, who is only a couple of inches taller than Sukie, and who has curly hair.

Well then Eric doesn't fit the book at all....... he doesn't seem very big to me. He's still a good looking man though!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3502488;
    And when they showed Eric with the foils.
    I got my husband hooked on the show, and he couldn't figure out what those foils were about. Jessica trying out the different True Blood types was funny too. The show has it all: humor, sex, and drama/horror.

Does anyone know what the group Eric has imprisoned are turning?

I haven't seen it posted here, and I'm sorry if I've missed it, but I just saw last week that the actors who play Bill and Sookie are a couple in real life.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I finally got to see it yesterday and i'm glad the show is back. I'm liking Tara's storyline and i hope that Sam misses her. I've read alot of raves about the love scene, i wasn't that impressed.
    I have to say though, it's strange but cool to watch vampires doing modern things. Playing a Wii, Bill? Hehehehehee Eric dyeing his hair? lmao!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3502558;
    I could probably deal with the other changes. Jessica just really isn't doing it for me. There's enough characters to pull from that they didn't really need to add another vampire. I pictured Eric taller and buffer with more hair.
    I agree - why not introduce Bubba? he would be awesome on the show and provide a lot of humor. I think they are meaning for Jessica to be the 'Bubba' type character. Maybe Pam got lonely for another female vamp?
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3506511;
    I agree - why not introduce Bubba? he would be awesome on the show and provide a lot of humor. I think they are meaning for Jessica to be the 'Bubba' type character. Maybe Pam got lonely for another female vamp?
    I think that you are right in the attempt to add a humorous character with Jessica. However, I think they missed the mark because while Bubba was really kind-hearted and a bumbling fool, I don't see that with Jessica at all.

Now I think we discussed this somewhere on here about Bubba and why he wasn't used. It may be something as simple as it's hard to find an actor to reasonably portray "the King" as a vampire or as complicated as having to jump through legal work with his estate. I was very disappointed as well not having Bubba present.

+ Reply to Thread