+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 216 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

One MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Premium Member

Wowie the season premiere was worth the wait.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I can't believe Eric is the one holding Lafayette and the others. And wow what he did to that guy that burned up those vamps from last year. Whoa. And I have to admit I was saying how romantic was the scene when Bill told Sookie he loved her.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3501441;
    Wowie the season premiere was worth the wait.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I can't believe Eric is the one holding Lafayette and the others. And wow what he did to that guy that burned up those vamps from last year. Whoa. And I have to admit I was saying how romantic was the scene when Bill told Sookie he loved her.
    I am going to do spoiler quotes just because some may not have seen it yet.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Sookie and Bill are becoming one of my all time fav couples of tv. That scene when Bill told her he loved her was not just great acting by both but was excellent writing.

Eric walking downstairs to the dungeon as it were was a little bit of a shock but I had to laugh when I saw the foils in his hair! That and the whole bit with Jessica and Bill when Sookie asked if he slept with her was priceless!

Overall, YAY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3501476;
    I am going to do spoiler quotes just because some may not have seen it yet.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Sookie and Bill are becoming one of my all time fav couples of tv. That scene when Bill told her he loved her was not just great acting by both but was excellent writing.

Eric walking downstairs to the dungeon as it were was a little bit of a shock but I had to laugh when I saw the foils in his hair! That and the whole bit with Jessica and Bill when Sookie asked if he slept with her was priceless!

Overall, YAY!!!!
    Thank you for explaining about the tin foil in the hair I couldn't figure out what that was. Now I know what that cape was. Go figure Eric having highlights put in his hair.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I won't get to see it until it comes out on DVD. Anyone want to spoiler for me if it's staying with the books?

What kind of creature is Mary Ann? She seems very strong and very controlling. I still cannot figure out what she wants from Sam and why she is keeping these young people in her home. There has to be a motive behind the whole thing because she in no way seems like she's actually a nice person.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3501794;
    What kind of creature is Mary Ann? She seems very strong and very controlling. I still cannot figure out what she wants from Sam and why she is keeping these young people in her home. There has to be a motive behind the whole thing because she in no way seems like she's actually a nice person.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I am guessing MaryAnn is the maenad. In the books, she is referred to as "the maenad" with no name ever given. She is only glimpsed a few times until the end of book 2 but basically maenads thrive off of lust, sexual drives, and alcohol/drugs. I.E. why she smacked her butler for offering the towels right when Eggs and Tara were going to kiss. And the Sam storyline is non-existent in the books, with the exception that he and her more or less have "fun" together when he is in dog mode.

Thanks liz!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I got really creeped out with the way she started buzzing while having sex with Sam as a teenager.
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm in the midst of the books now, and haven't seen the TV series, but just from what you all are posting it is clear there are big differences--not so much in who the characters are but in what is happening.
    Given the vamps can't get/don't need haircuts (they are stuck in the style they had when they died) I'm surprised Eric's highlights would take! On the other hand that is perfectly in character for him. He's not a guy who would worry about whether it "looks gay" to get his hair highlighted, for sure!

Wait, so....
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Lafayette's still alive? WOOHOO!!! So relieved. He's awesome, heh.

+ Reply to Thread