+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 216 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

He can be whatever he needs to be as long as he's mine. Oh, wait! Rene's dead. But the actor is super hot. Here's hoping that Tara and Sam can get something going. I like those two together.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I just got HBO and ended up watching the 30 minute segment with AB, so I watched all the series on Demand. I'm excited that the new season starts tomorrow. I was reading the thread and didn't realize that the show was based on a book series. Then I saw where someone had purchased the set on Amazon, so I last night I bought the set plus books 8 & 9. I just can't wait to get them and read them, since it seems everyone loves the books. I'm so glad I found this thread and found out about the books! Can't wait for the new season to start. I've never been a big Vampire fan, but I love this show.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm finally finishing the second book. Wanted to get that out of the way before the second season started. I'm telling you, the first halves of the first two books were HELL to get through, but I hung in there. When they kick in......they kick in and you can't stop! I look forward to starting book #3 (can't remember the name right now), since you guys have assured me that it will be good from the start. I think where I went wrong with reading the books is that I took some time to read The Help, and anything will be hard to read after reading that terrific book!

I am so, so, so, so anxious for tomorrow night!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just started the newest book Dead and Gone and cannot wait to see season two! From all of the previews this looks like it will be even better than the first.

Sam is definately my favorite guy out of the series. I know that they are keeping the Bill/Sookie storyline going pretty strong on screen but I really hope that they eventually in the story she ends up with Sam.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm all into the Foundation of the Sun right now. Just 'wow'! For some reason, Scientology kept popping into my mind.

Sookie is such a damsel in distress, in need of rescue.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nc_fortfan;3498915;
    I just got HBO and ended up watching the 30 minute segment with AB, so I watched all the series on Demand. I'm excited that the new season starts tomorrow. I was reading the thread and didn't realize that the show was based on a book series. Then I saw where someone had purchased the set on Amazon, so I last night I bought the set plus books 8 & 9. I just can't wait to get them and read them, since it seems everyone loves the books. I'm so glad I found this thread and found out about the books! Can't wait for the new season to start. I've never been a big Vampire fan, but I love this show.
    I traded in Starz for HBO, so now I am watching the series - I am on the second show.

It bugs me some that the show doesn't follow the books exactly - but I am sure I will get over it. And of course there is that pesky Southern accent I am picking up...
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Only a few more hours. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3500834;
    I traded in Starz for HBO, so now I am watching the series - I am on the second show.

It bugs me some that the show doesn't follow the books exactly - but I am sure I will get over it. And of course there is that pesky Southern accent I am picking up...

I can't wait to get the books, so then I can compare them. I know they'll be different, but I also know I'll get some background info. I can't wait, only 50 mins to go before the show starts

I just read a possible spoiler about who was dead in the car at the end of last season:

Click to see Spoiler:
    It wasn't Lafayette, it was the phony exorcist woman.

I hope that one is true!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Oh, WOW!!!! Now, THAT would be a turn we never saw coming!!! Save My Lafayette!!!! I could definitely see that being the case!!!!

+ Reply to Thread