+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 216 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Anyone know if this is something I can watch online? I don't have HBO but would love to see this.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3192785;
    Anyone know if this is something I can watch online? I don't have HBO but would love to see this.
    I haven't seen any mention of it on the HBO True Blood site, but I am suspecting that since HBO is a paid for extra through providers (and not part of free TV) that they will not make the show available online for free.

If I see something I will post or PM the info.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Oh, I forgot about this show! I need to add it to my DVR list - I was a *huge* six feet under fan - LOVE Alan Ball. I hope this one is as good as SFU.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3192785;
    Like Mike'sgirl said, HBO likely won't make it available online, so you're probably going to have to wait until the season is released on DVD.

I watched the premiere twice last night and liked it even more the second time around. I'm really excited to see how the season unfolds.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

nilesgirl, there are ways to watch shows from HBO and Showtime online. I'll ask my stepdaughter and PM you a link if she has one. I missed the first episode but it will be replayed on Wed from what I've seen in tvguide.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Blockbuster (retail stores) is giving a free rental of Episode 1 of this show. My son picked it up today and although I've always hated vampire themes, I will take a look.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Buglover, if you don't mind - would you send me the link for Showtime (if you get it?) That way I can get my Tudors fix! And give True Blood a try... thanks in advance!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

It may be at least a week or so before I can get a hold of my stepdaughter. She's staying with her mom while my husband is in Mexico. I watched the last 12 minutes of the show last night. At the end, Sookie was getting beaten up but it's supposed to be her empath way of knowing what happened to someone right? I don't know enough about the show to know if the main character is going to have this much hardship right off the bat.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I really enjoyed this show!!! I like how the author used the silver as a weakness to vampires....I know they did this in Blade as well, but defiently an interesting addition. Similar to the way Meyer's books have a different outlook on vampires in contrast to the past crosses, holy water, etc.

I can't wait till next Sunday! When Bill first walked in the bar, the look on his face (trying to be I guess serious??) was hysterical...but after he quit with the half eye opened stare, I realized WOW he is Sexy!.... And thank goodness for Sookies brother...yummy eye candy! Hope he does not turn out to be a scuzzbucket!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3194477;
    It may be at least a week or so before I can get a hold of my stepdaughter. She's staying with her mom while my husband is in Mexico. I watched the last 12 minutes of the show last night. At the end, Sookie was getting beaten up but it's supposed to be her empath way of knowing what happened to someone right? I don't know enough about the show to know if the main character is going to have this much hardship right off the bat.
    You saw the preview of next weeks show. So far the show is following the first book very nicely. I was afraid they might take more artistic license for HBO. I won't give any spoiler's away, but this is the first of 8 books written in the Sookie Stackhouse series to date.

Sookie is special in that she hears the thoughts of others (at the time they are thinking it while in her range) except for vampires (which provide a peaceful silence for her) and maybe a few other specials. This "talent" has been a blessing and a curse for Sookie throughout her life.

Each book has some mystery and action packed adventures. So far as I can see, the first season will be the first book in the series (but I could be wrong in my assumption).
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread