+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 216 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I have heard that the Queen of Louisiana is cast but that could be a huge rumor. If this is true, I would guess that at least SOME of the storyline will hold true with the books. My only big hope is that Sookie dumps Bill and ends up with Eric I don't even care if the reasons are the full extent of book Bill's betrayal (although he does redeem himself in book 9, I will GRUDGINGLY admit haha.) I just think there are enough of us book fans who crossed over to being fans of the show that will be beyond turned off after a few seasons of Bill/Sookie without the love triangles that are so prevalent in the books.

On another note...did you see that they have also cast Stan, the king of Texas, the "nerdy" vampire? I went "errr what?" at the casting.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Ed Quinn is Stan, he was also Nathan Stark from Eureka. My husband watches the show, Eureka, and although both Stan and Stark are/were powerful men, Stark was a good-looking charismatic character whereas book Stan was described as carrying the "nerd" persona but you could see the power under the nerd surface. Will be interesting to see him vamped up!

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3448716;
    I have heard that the Queen of Louisiana is cast but that could be a huge rumor. If this is true, I would guess that at least SOME of the storyline will hold true with the books. My only big hope is that Sookie dumps Bill and ends up with Eric I don't even care if the reasons are the full extent of book Bill's betrayal (although he does redeem himself in book 9, I will GRUDGINGLY admit haha.) I just think there are enough of us book fans who crossed over to being fans of the show that will be beyond turned off after a few seasons of Bill/Sookie without the love triangles that are so prevalent in the books.

On another note...did you see that they have also cast Stan, the king of Texas, the "nerdy" vampire? I went "errr what?" at the casting.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Ed Quinn is Stan, he was also Nathan Stark from Eureka. My husband watches the show, Eureka, and although both Stan and Stark are/were powerful men, Stark was a good-looking charismatic character whereas book Stan was described as carrying the "nerd" persona but you could see the power under the nerd surface. Will be interesting to see him vamped up!

Post # 253 above will tell you the name of the actress

I know from the past that even when the series character does not fit with the books description, I still love them (think Tara). Alan Ball is phenomenal and whomever is casting director, has done an awesome job!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

LOL thanks! I know who the actress is but didn't think to put it like I did the actor playing Stan. I had a "moment."

Premium Member

I have watched True Blood Season 1 on DVD. Has anyone noticed the episodes are longer on the DVD it shows alot more than I remember seeing when the show aired? Also did anyone notice episode 1 when Tara quit the first job, on the episode I saw on the internet someone else played her for that and now they refilmed it on the DVD with the actress now playing her interesting. Can't wait till next Sunday for the new season to start.

Yes, I knew about the original actress. I haven't watched the episodes on DVD, so I didn't realize they included additional scenes in each episode. Hmmm, another reason to make me want to buy the season 1 DVD.

One more week, well one more week as of tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3486278;
    I have watched True Blood Season 1 on DVD. Has anyone noticed the episodes are longer on the DVD it shows alot more than I remember seeing when the show aired? Also did anyone notice episode 1 when Tara quit the first job, on the episode I saw on the internet someone else played her for that and now they refilmed it on the DVD with the actress now playing her interesting. Can't wait till next Sunday for the new season to start.
    That's strange - it's the same actress throughout the whole series based on the episodes aired on HBO

HBO took out a bunch of ads in the current issue of Entertainment Weekly. Each page features one character, with the exception of one page, which features both Sookie and Bill. Makes me even more excited for the new season to start! One more week!

Does anyone know if Lafayette is really dead? They're being really careful not to leak that out, but I'm dying to know. He's my favorite character (the "AIDS Burger rant" is one of my favorite moments from the show) and I'd love to have him around for at least another season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3487547;
    Does anyone know if Lafayette is really dead? They're being really careful not to leak that out, but I'm dying to know. He's my favorite character (the "AIDS Burger rant" is one of my favorite moments from the show) and I'd love to have him around for at least another season.
    I only know what happens in the book
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he dies
    but I think Alan has something up his sleeve. He has the True Blood screen rights and is free to do whatever he wants. That doesn't help one bit does it!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Eeek...I hope that Alan Ball doesn't have something up his sleeve involving Lafayette....grrr I want Eric and pink spandex

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, so I've been working on reading Charlaine Harris's books, and I am currently in the middle of the second book. I have found that the books don't really captivate my stronger interest until about the middle. That has been case with both of the books so far. Once I hit that point, I am really being held prisoner, and it spurs me on to take on the next one. Then it's back to "ho-hum" first half of a new book.

It's kind of annoying, really.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3488257;
    OK, so I've been working on reading Charlaine Harris's books, and I am currently in the middle of the second book. I have found that the books don't really captivate my stronger interest until about the middle. That has been case with both of the books so far. Once I hit that point, I am really being held prisoner, and it spurs me on to take on the next one. Then it's back to "ho-hum" first half of a new book.

It's kind of annoying, really.
    Yeah the first couple of books do that and then they pick up from the beginning. There are a few "dead" spots throughout all the books and some parts that could have been expanded upon are rushed through while she plods through sections that are somewhat tedious and boring.

+ Reply to Thread