+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 210 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3431695;
    I adopted Charlaine Harris through our local library "adopt an author" program (I think this is a national program maybe). Anyway, I get to read each new release first because I pay for it at the library greatly reduced price (14.50 for hardcover) and it is completely tax deductible. Anyway, the library just received it and normally they process it and that takes a few days, but I've donated so many books that are getting a lot of circulation, that the Library gave me special attention and they processed the book "fast". When they called me to let me know it was on the hold shelf waiting for me, I was there in less then 5 min

Regarding the spoiler I should have mentioned though
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sookie is both warm & happy over it and angry with Eric over the way that she was "tricked" into it. He didn't discuss it with her first, but arranged for her to perform a symbolic action without knowing the meaning of the gesture and it was witnessed/sanctioned. But, when she found out she didn't try and back out, she just made it clear they needed to talk.
    Oh that is very cool. I am so jealous but I will patiently wait a few more days to get it. There is a Barnes and Noble AND a Borders a block from the studio I work at on Tuesdays (one on one side, the other on the opposite side.) So I am leaving the house early enough to get in and get a copy and can read it when I get home! I will be anxiously waiting to dig into it. And having to convince myself not to sit in the car and get lost in Sookie-world and miss teaching my class lol.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Darn that Eric and his tricky ways. I can't say I am surprised by that but at least she isn't backing out and seems to be happy with it other than his trickiness involved. Oh I can't wait!!! Have you finished the whole book?

HBO has started the previews and commercials for season two, which starts on June 14! We have just over a month to wait!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Is it time yet?

I gotta remember to call the cable company and get HBO back, ha!

LOL a month tomorrow! Can't wait!

HBO has season 1 OnDemand right now. I am going to watch a marathon when we get back from vacation.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I saw the actor that plays Arlene in the audience on The View this morning; she was there with her husband, who was a guest on the show. Her husband plays a bad guy named 'Paul' on Lost. The actor that plays Arlene looks to be a very petite blonde! I could have passed her on the street and never known who she was!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3448242;
    I saw the actor that plays Arlene in the audience on The View this morning; she was there with her husband, who was a guest on the show. Her husband plays a bad guy named 'Paul' on Lost. The actor that plays Arlene looks to be a very petite blonde! I could have passed her on the street and never known who she was!
    HAHA..yea, thats Arlene (shes normally blonde)
    her husband is michael emerson..he plays BEN (benjamin linus-former leader of the 'others')on lost (and he is a freaking AMAZING actor).

Do you watch lost prhoshay? If not, go to abc.com immediately. Lost stole my life

I've never seen it, but today made me want to at least see the finale. It could get me hooked, like I found myself hooked on The Sopranos!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh boy-- you will be hooked. I believe they have all the seasons on the website so you can catch up for free!

I finished Dead & Gone last night and it was pretty good. I felt like it ended kinda quickly and did not fully explore everything introduced, but overall it made me happy.

I hope the tv series ends up touching on some of the stuff in the later books-what an awesome world to explore

I've been a vampire nut since I was a little kid!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3448421;
    Oh boy-- you will be hooked. I believe they have all the seasons on the website so you can catch up for free!

I finished Dead & Gone last night and it was pretty good. I felt like it ended kinda quickly and did not fully explore everything introduced, but overall it made me happy.

I hope the tv series ends up touching on some of the stuff in the later books-what an awesome world to explore
    Well, Alan did have the Were's coming out already last season which I liked, but he has mentioned the likelihood of veering away from the book series eventually. (But, who knows - he could change his mind on that, haven't read any current interviews).

I think the fact that Alan includes stories about other characters, makes TB captivating and ever fresh. Would I like him to basically follow the books, yes; but I am OK with alternate endings as well. (That's just how I am, - always have enjoyed the "what if" scenarios.)
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread