+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 216 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I just started the third one, Club Dead. I enjoyed the second book better than the first, it seemed like it took a while to get going. It's funny reading them after seeing the TB series, now I picture the characters like I saw them on TV and not like described in the books. Especially Sookie.

And after starting the third one, I'm not so enamored of Bill anymore.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I'm not a bill fan after finishing what books are out.

Some spoiler info on one of my favorite actresses to be joining the show in a major future part.......
    Click to see Spoiler:
    True Blood creator Alan Ball has tapped Evan Rachel Wood to play the pivotal role of Sophie-Anne, the vampire Queen of Louisiana!

I am excited!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3425397;
    Some spoiler info on one of my favorite actresses to be joining the show in a major future part.......
    Click to see Spoiler:
    True Blood creator Alan Ball has tapped Evan Rachel Wood to play the pivotal role of Sophie-Anne, the vampire Queen of Louisiana!

I am excited!
    Oh I like her in that role. I think she would be a really good addition to the cast.

I am only about 50 pages into "Dead and Gone" (Book 9 in the series) and for those of you who are Eric fans and enjoy spoilers......
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sookie has become pledged to Eric (that equates to marriage in vampire terms) so regardless of how it all goes on True Blood, I am very happy!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3431621;
    I am only about 50 pages into "Dead and Gone" (Book 9 in the series) and for those of you who are Eric fans and enjoy spoilers......
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sookie has become pledged to Eric (that equates to marriage in vampire terms) so regardless of how it all goes on True Blood, I am very happy!
    WHAT!?!?! This makes me so happy, I pre-ordered my copy so it should be here soon (I hope!).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3431621;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    How'd you get it? Everywhere says it's not released until the 5th?

Just read the spoilers and YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3431658;
    How'd you get it? Everywhere says it's not released until the 5th?
    I adopted Charlaine Harris through our local library "adopt an author" program (I think this is a national program maybe). Anyway, I get to read each new release first because I pay for it at the library greatly reduced price (14.50 for hardcover) and it is completely tax deductible. Anyway, the library just received it and normally they process it and that takes a few days, but I've donated so many books that are getting a lot of circulation, that the Library gave me special attention and they processed the book "fast". When they called me to let me know it was on the hold shelf waiting for me, I was there in less then 5 min

Regarding the spoiler I should have mentioned though
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sookie is both warm & happy over it and angry with Eric over the way that she was "tricked" into it. He didn't discuss it with her first, but arranged for her to perform a symbolic action without knowing the meaning of the gesture and it was witnessed/sanctioned. But, when she found out she didn't try and back out, she just made it clear they needed to talk.
    Christopher Reeve

I am just glad you can keep us updated.

I pre-ordered mine on Amazon but it says the estimated shipping date is May 11...what's up with that?

+ Reply to Thread