+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 209 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3372358;
    I don't think we will see as much flirting with Eric as is in the books. This is Alan's version and I could be wrong, but since there is real life chemistry between Anna and Stephen; I don't think we will see anything but romance between Bill and Sookie. Trouble yes, but I think Alan will give us a different version then the later books. He only planned to follow the books until about book 4 (sorry, I tried to find the actual quote but can't) anyway; so I think we will see more of Alan's creativity involving non-Sookie storylines while the romance between Bill and Sookie are central.

I could be wrong (and I hope that I am because I would love to see some Eric/Sookie action). The way the romance and chemistry between these two took off, I think we will see more action there.
    What do you mean? I thought Stephen was married?

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3373167;
    What do you mean? I thought Stephen was married?
    Nope. Not married. He and Anna just "came out" about their relationship just recently, as if it was any big secret! Their chemistry is undeniable.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

What? Wow... that is awesome. Hahaha.

Is it an interview or something that they did?

They are living together, and had decided to wait until they had been together for a year before making it known out of respect for their other castmates....... in case it just turned out to be an onscreen romance carry over. They feel they are solid in their relationship now and very happy.
    I agree that the chemistry is amazing with them, which is why I can't see Alan introducing Eric into the mix..... but maybe that will change. I do like the way things play out in the books.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I just finished watching season 1 and had no idea that this was based on a novel until I came here. (I have been avoiding this thread until I caught up all my recorded episodes) I am happy to hear that they are doing a season 2 and am almost glad that I took my time watching this season so I don't have so long to wait! I have to say that I have never been a Bill fan. There is something off about him and he comes across to me as self-righteous and way over-protective of Sookie. You all have given me hope that she will end up with someone other than him.

Hey guys just saw on Facebook! Season 2 starts June 14th!!!

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3397869;
    Hey guys just saw on Facebook! Season 2 starts June 14th!!!
    I know! YAY!

Kristen at E! (well, rather her minions since she is on maternity leave) just posted it last night as well ! They also have some preview pics of the new season already! Double YAY!! I would venture to say that the pics are possibly somewhat spoilery so if you don't want to know anything I would advise not looking.

True Blood Returns

Thanks for the link! No worries about spoilers here! After reading all 8 books (and EAGERLY awaiting #9 in a little over a month!) not much could be a spoiler.

Although I must say if Eric's hair is really that short in the series, I am going to be sooo mad! Eric is a Vampire, who was a Viking in his human life. His hair doesn't change length for longer than a day or two and then it would grow back. Grrrrrrrr. Although I did think the wig he had on last season looked awful, I would rather them go with extensions added to his natural hair that look really good versus the short hair.

Anna Paquin fans might be interested:
    Anna Paquin stars in THE COURAGEOUS HEART OF IRENA SENDLER, a new “Hallmark Hall of Fame” presentation to be broadcast Sunday, April 19 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is it just me, or does Anna Paquin have not great skin? Not that it really matters. She's doing a great job as Sookie. (I just love the way Bill says her name!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread