+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 216 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 2154
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

  1. #221
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    37

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    The next book in the series is coming out I think this month or next. The description @ Barnes and Noble.com said one of the werepanthers was found dead so I am getting antsy right now because I want to find out if it was Crystal (absolutely hate her). Out of all of the men in the series (book and tv versions) I like Sam the best.
    ]

  2. #222
    FORT Fan liz_momof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    311

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    Quote Originally Posted by AbbyElle;3357201;
    The next book in the series is coming out I think this month or next. The description @ Barnes and Noble.com said one of the werepanthers was found dead so I am getting antsy right now because I want to find out if it was Crystal (absolutely hate her). Out of all of the men in the series (book and tv versions) I like Sam the best.

    Release date for Dead and Gone (the next book) is May 5th according to Barnesandnoble.com. I have read the first chapter of the book from Charlaine Harris' website and it is GOOD!

  3. #223
    FORT Devotee Mike'sgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    5,163

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    Liz, my thoughts and feelings agree with all of your posts and I do suspect that Alan will keep Sookie/Bill romance as the core of the show. I personally prefer Eric in the books and in the series, but it's AB story and I think that he thinks viewers want to see Bill and Sookie as the devoted couple.

    I have also accepted the TB series as separate from the books, but I do hope he retains some of the storylines from the books and just adds to them. I agree about enjoying the first chapter of Dead and Gone; she frequently makes the first chapter of a new book available online but does not release the first chapter of her re-released books. Thanks and
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

  4. #224
    FORT Fan liz_momof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    311

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3357339;
    Liz, my thoughts and feelings agree with all of your posts and I do suspect that Alan will keep Sookie/Bill romance as the core of the show. I personally prefer Eric in the books and in the series, but it's AB story and I think that he thinks viewers want to see Bill and Sookie as the devoted couple.

    I have also accepted the TB series as separate from the books, but I do hope he retains some of the storylines from the books and just adds to them. I agree about enjoying the first chapter of Dead and Gone; she frequently makes the first chapter of a new book available online but does not release the first chapter of her re-released books. Thanks and
    Hi Mike'sgirl! Thank you for the welcome! I am a big SV fan and although I rarely post on Charlaine's website, I lurk there a lot to get any juicy news.

    I must say if Alan Ball keeps Sookie/Bill together for a loooong time, he will eventually lose the starter fanbase from the books. Of course, he may do what other series do as well, hold off from hooking up the "it" couple to keep the drama going. On any fansites I have looked at (with the exception of CH's own website,) there are so many Sookie/Bill "shippers" that it drives me nuts. I see the "tv crowd" almost chastising the "book crowd" for being so adamantly Eric/Sookie because they don't see the connection. THEN, they read the books and sure enough, they read Book 1 and say "I don't see it," Book 2 you start to see it, Book 3 turns them off of Bill, Book 4 voila Eric/Sookier shippers. My best friend and one of her blogger friends were two who their "change" went just like that. I just had to laugh.

    I am hoping that this season we at least see a little flirting between the two.

    Oh and I BADLY WANNA SEE
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the pink spandex!!! Although I have heard a rumor that in the "pink spandex" scene which really is a great moment between Eric and Sookie in the series, Bill is in the scene the entire time. As in all 3 go to the orgy together.

  5. #225
    FORT Devotee Mike'sgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    5,163

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    Really! Then he is definitely keeping the Sookie/Bill relationship front and center. I am a little disappointed by that, but I do understand that if he thinks the viewers are sold on Bill as her romantic lover then he would not want to challenge that. Thank Goodness we have the books! Knowing the full story, makes a big difference in character development and the enjoyment of the series. I will just find a new enjoyment by watching the show from a "what if" standpoint. Sort of parallel universe I guess. Thanks for the update.

    I am ready for Season 2 to begin!!!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

  6. #226
    FORT Fan liz_momof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    311

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3358161;
    Really! Then he is definitely keeping the Sookie/Bill relationship front and center. I am a little disappointed by that, but I do understand that if he thinks the viewers are sold on Bill as her romantic lover then he would not want to challenge that. Thank Goodness we have the books! Knowing the full story, makes a big difference in character development and the enjoyment of the series. I will just find a new enjoyment by watching the show from a "what if" standpoint. Sort of parallel universe I guess. Thanks for the update.

    I am ready for Season 2 to begin!!!
    You're welcome for the update! I agree, I will watch it as an alternate universe to Charlaine's version of Sookie's world. I will have to make sure to unconfuse myself as I follow a long running SV fanfic too about Sookie/Eric. My poor brain will have 3 storylines running around in it haha.

  7. #227
    FORT Fogey mindy384's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,865

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3357997;
    Hi Mike'sgirl! Thank you for the welcome! I am a big SV fan and although I rarely post on Charlaine's website, I lurk there a lot to get any juicy news.

    I must say if Alan Ball keeps Sookie/Bill together for a loooong time, he will eventually lose the starter fanbase from the books. Of course, he may do what other series do as well, hold off from hooking up the "it" couple to keep the drama going. On any fansites I have looked at (with the exception of CH's own website,) there are so many Sookie/Bill "shippers" that it drives me nuts. I see the "tv crowd" almost chastising the "book crowd" for being so adamantly Eric/Sookie because they don't see the connection. THEN, they read the books and sure enough, they read Book 1 and say "I don't see it," Book 2 you start to see it, Book 3 turns them off of Bill, Book 4 voila Eric/Sookier shippers. My best friend and one of her blogger friends were two who their "change" went just like that. I just had to laugh.

    I am hoping that this season we at least see a little flirting between the two.

    Oh and I BADLY WANNA SEE
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the pink spandex!!! Although I have heard a rumor that in the "pink spandex" scene which really is a great moment between Eric and Sookie in the series, Bill is in the scene the entire time. As in all 3 go to the orgy together.

    I bet AB keeps Sookie/Bill in the forefront for quite some time but will eventually introduce Eric as an interest. Ultimately, the series may come down to Sookie's decision bw our two boys (or more, because I think Sam will be in the mix) and that would create a lot of drama. By then, AB should show some sort of evolution for Sookie/Eric that will draw mixed reactions and preferences from the viewers.

    Interesting how you pointed out the common viewer who hasnt read the books and pushes so hard for the Sookie/Bill relationship. Just remember-we are just in Season 1- so dont worry too much! AB has plenty of time to develop other relationships (and I really think he will, at least Quinn). I was just like your friends, when I finally got book 1 and I read it (knowing that Eric would eventually be challenging Bill for Sook's attention) I was all about Sookie and Bill. I loved Bill! And I loved him on the show! Now, after reading all the books published so far, I lean a different way and have mixed emotions about many of the fellows! I hope this is what happens with the HBO series and the tv series followers become just as confused as we are!!!!

    In the end, however, I am still rooting for Mr. Northman!

  8. #228
    FORT Fan liz_momof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    311

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3358485;
    I bet AB keeps Sookie/Bill in the forefront for quite some time but will eventually introduce Eric as an interest. Ultimately, the series may come down to Sookie's decision bw our two boys (or more, because I think Sam will be in the mix) and that would create a lot of drama. By then, AB should show some sort of evolution for Sookie/Eric that will draw mixed reactions and preferences from the viewers.

    Interesting how you pointed out the common viewer who hasnt read the books and pushes so hard for the Sookie/Bill relationship. Just remember-we are just in Season 1- so dont worry too much! AB has plenty of time to develop other relationships (and I really think he will, at least Quinn). I was just like your friends, when I finally got book 1 and I read it (knowing that Eric would eventually be challenging Bill for Sook's attention) I was all about Sookie and Bill. I loved Bill! And I loved him on the show! Now, after reading all the books published so far, I lean a different way and have mixed emotions about many of the fellows! I hope this is what happens with the HBO series and the tv series followers become just as confused as we are!!!!

    In the end, however, I am still rooting for Mr. Northman!

    Hi Mindy! I read the series about 2 years ago and I admit, I loved Bill in the first book. It was in later books that I lost the love obviously. This is why I encourage anyone new to the series who hasn't read the books to read the books.

    As well, I have mixed emotions about many of the fellows. I am very pro-Eric but I can see that Sookie's friends are going to get married and have babies and her bio clock will start ticking. Who knows?

  9. #229
    Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edmonton
    Age
    42
    Posts
    753

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    I finally got to see all the episodes. Such a good series. The actress playing Pam is so perfect for the role. I love her snarky comments. I think the Sookie/Eric flirting will start in the second season because that was what happened in the books too. It wasn't until Dallas that they started to get a little flirty. Eric's already showing signs of his fascination with our Sookie by asking Bill for her whenever they're making deals. Can't wait for the new season to start.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

    Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

  10. #230
    FORT Devotee Mike'sgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    5,163

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3371589;
    I finally got to see all the episodes. Such a good series. The actress playing Pam is so perfect for the role. I love her snarky comments. I think the Sookie/Eric flirting will start in the second season because that was what happened in the books too. It wasn't until Dallas that they started to get a little flirty. Eric's already showing signs of his fascination with our Sookie by asking Bill for her whenever they're making deals. Can't wait for the new season to start.
    I don't think we will see as much flirting with Eric as is in the books. This is Alan's version and I could be wrong, but since there is real life chemistry between Anna and Stephen; I don't think we will see anything but romance between Bill and Sookie. Trouble yes, but I think Alan will give us a different version then the later books. He only planned to follow the books until about book 4 (sorry, I tried to find the actual quote but can't) anyway; so I think we will see more of Alan's creativity involving non-Sookie storylines while the romance between Bill and Sookie are central.

    I could be wrong (and I hope that I am because I would love to see some Eric/Sookie action). The way the romance and chemistry between these two took off, I think we will see more action there.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.