+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 216 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Oh man, I better hurry up and get started on the books because I am dying to be in the know
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

This is what I want for our heroine and the leading vamps:

Click to see Spoiler:
    I really hope Eric and sookie get together... and I wouldnt even mind if it is different than the original amnesia plot. If Alan does keep Bill and sook together (unlike the separation they eventually suffer in the books) it could be even more intense and complicated when eric and sookie hook up. Bring on the love triangle, just make sure Eric wins! (buying the new coat sealed the deal for me) .

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3306758;
    This is what I want for our heroine and the leading vamps:

Click to see Spoiler:
    I really hope Eric and sookie get together... and I wouldnt even mind if it is different than the original amnesia plot. If Alan does keep Bill and sook together (unlike the separation they eventually suffer in the books) it could be even more intense and complicated when eric and sookie hook up. Bring on the love triangle, just make sure Eric wins! (buying the new coat sealed the deal for me) .
    The thing is Alan is expected to drift further and further from the books - which is why he expects to be doing his own thing by about book 4/5. I remember reading on Ms Harris Q & A somewhere that Charlaine would never presume to tell Alan how or what to write in the series, as she would not expect him to tell her to how or what to write in her books. I heard an interview with the actor portraying Eric, and he said he has only read up to the fifth book. ???? (Maybe he didn't expect the series to run that long )

Disappointing - heck yeah! Since I am a big Eric fan in the books.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If anyone cares, they are beginning to show True Blood from episode 1 tonight at 9 p.m. (EST). Looks like 1 episode/weekend. Does this mean that season 2 will be starting soon??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Originally, they had planned to start the new season at same time as season 1 is released on DVD scheduled for May 19th. Official word from HBO is that a premiere date has not yet been set, but it will be in June or July 2009.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It is very interesting, knowing what I know about the storyline and the characters now, seeing the first episodes. I just see so much more.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ok, this may not be new for anyone, but I just discovered that the actress portraying Arlene (Carrie Preston) is the wife of Michael Emerson who plays Ben Linus on Lost! She looks different to me then when she appeared on Lost as Ben's died in birthing mother. I think she does a great job playing Arlene.

In a recent interview she mentioned:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    "....without giving away anything, I can say that season 2 really strays far away from the second book, hardly anything like it. It’s just so far out there with more characters and going in different directions. Not much like the book at all.”
    Also, she was asked whether her character might get together with the Terry character (bar tender and dishwasher guy) in season 2 and she said that "Arlene is not the type of woman who can be alone for very long. So if that helps any…..”
    Christopher Reeve

I haven't read all the posts so excuse me if this was mentioned previously but I wonder if the fact that Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are together in real life have any affect on the future storylines. I know that there are actors together on other series who don't play romantically involved characters but since from the beginning of the season they were together, I wonder if Alan Ball will try to keep them together as long as the fans will allow it.

That being said, I am an Eric/Sookie fan from the books (happily but anxiously awaiting #9 in May!!) I have come to terms with Alan Ball deviating from the books and will view the books and the series as two separate entitites, much as I did with the Women's Murder Club (although it barely lasted a season that is one in particular I can think of right now.) The fact that Charlaine Harris is okay with Alan Ball deviating from her storyline makes me more willing to accept it.

FORT Newbie

I guess it would depend on what kind of deviation. If they were to kill off a character who didn't die in the books then I would be dissapointed; but if it was something that didn't affect the core of the story (like having Sam run off and join the circus only to fall in love with one of the bears and run off with her in like form) then some 'surprises' might be welcome.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyElle;3357082;
    I guess it would depend on what kind of deviation. If they were to kill off a character who didn't die in the books then I would be dissapointed; but if it was something that didn't affect the core of the story (like having Sam run off and join the circus only to fall in love with one of the bears and run off with her in like form) then some 'surprises' might be welcome.
    See, I think that Sam running off WOULD affect the core of the story. I see Sam as an integral part of Sookie's life although it's not in a romantic way. As far as a character dying, it would really depend on the who the character was. Obviously, the triangle of Sookie, Eric, and Bill. I would upset about Pam and Sam. Since Tara was not even in the books as a major player, I wouldn't be too upset about her dying, Jason, ehhh, I don't care for the character so it wouldn't upset me too badly. As long as AB doesn't completely jump the shark and go off the storyline, as in turning Sookie into a vampire or having the setting move from Louisiana to Los Angeles, I won't have a problem.

+ Reply to Thread