+ Reply to Thread
Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116166206207208209210211212213214215216
Results 2,151 to 2,154 of 2154
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I think WHO Sookie ended up with wasn't the point: it was that she ended up with a seemingly normal person and is having the life Bill wanted for her. He obviously wasn't someone the viewers know, so why waste time?

With the abbreviated season, they only had so much time to wrap up the show.

I'm okay with not seeing much of Lafayette. He ended up with James, so that's all we need to know. I cared more that Jason finally settled down.

Too much time on Hoyt and Jessica, who I don't think should have gotten back together in the first place, but then I think Hoyt is D-U-L-L. I loved Jessica's wedding dress and everything else about her at the wedding (hair, shoes, etc.), except for that BRIGHT RED lipstick. That was too much. Would it have hurt to make her just slightly more demure on her wedding day? She looks great in red lipstick, but it's just not a wedding look I like.

I like Anna Camp so much, so I actually felt sorry for Sarah.

ETA: This interview just confirmed my feelings about Sookie's husband:

Why did we not see the face of the man Sookie ended up with? “The idea was that we wanted Bill to be correct when he said that Sookie could have a normal life, the twist, of course, being that Sookie chose to keep her power and specialness and persevere—despite his belief that she couldn’t be okay without giving up her powers,” Buckner says....What we wanted to know was that she was happy and living the life that she wanted to lead, and to introduce some other stranger in the last five minutes of the finale wouldn’t have made a lot of sense. So we made a choice it’s everyman, it doesn’t matter. So we didn’t have a version where we revealed him. I mean, we basically cast the man with the best arms from our stunt crew.”
    'True Blood' producer Brian Buckner answers burning finale questions | Inside TV | EW.com
    Last edited by Critical; 08-26-2014 at 02:19 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wow - he gives some lame answers to the tougher questions -- like killing Tara and ending up with Lettie Mae being the star of half the final season. And his Hoyt/Jessica screentime answer just went in circles. I think the writers were just collecting paychecks this last year.
    waywyrd likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Oh, totally. This show went down the tubes after season 2. Frankly, the books sucked at the end too, although they didn't go downhill quite as quickly as the show.

Still, I agree with the decision to not show Sookie's husband. It doesn't really matter who she ended up with because he wasn't a supe.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

But I find that to be yet another hole in their logic. The idea of her ending up with another fairy was totally discounted. Why couldn't that have been a happy ending for her? I don't think she would have been a character worthy of all these stories if she TRULY believed (as she always protested) that she just wanted to be "normal." She even chose to keep her powers and stake the crap out of Bill instead of giving up her powers (and ending it for him painlessly - sheesh).

I think it just strangthens the argument that they copped out by presenting a happy ending being everyone living "normal" lives. Why not just kill off every fantasy species on the planet in the end, and have Earth be plain old nuclear-family-drama Earth? And they all lived ABC Family ever after.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread