+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 216 FirstFirst ... 112162202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216 LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2154
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Most of the humor in the show and the books for me is how they took these political issues and mocked them by wrapping them up in vampires. I've always loved that.

I don't get the channel so I can't watch the seasons as they're happening but this whole thing has been fascinating to me to see the reactions toward this season as though all this stuff was just snuck in. It's like dude it's been there the entire time.
    I agree that one of the most important/enjoyable aspects of the show is how they've subtly dealt with social issues by couching them in unique and unfamiliar scenarios. However, until you see how direct and ham-handed they were in the way they caricatured Republicans in this episode it's difficult to understand what a departure this particular attack was.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by annemik View Post
    ... All the boy on boy stuff with guys I'd like to think were straight (just a preference on my part) is a turn-off to me (destroys the fantasy about some of the hunky guys).
    Well, maybe it's just me, but I can't really see getting my tail too twisted up about same sex relationships considering I came to the table prepared to accept the premise of the living having sexual relationships with the un-living.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Leave it to you!!! That's a scream!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Fo'Realz?

You won the forum! LOL!!!
    causingchaos likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I just spit water all over my computer. All these years reading this forum and that was a first for me.
    beerbelly likes this.

Could have done without seeing naked veiny Bill right there at the end. Eesh. What's up with all the time spent on his past life flashbacks, anyway?

And Violet needs to be staked. Soon. I never did like her character, and she's way overdue to get gone.

I did like Sarah's psychotic breaks/premonitions, whatever they were. Jason popping in there was too funny.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Could have done without seeing naked veiny Bill right there at the end. Eesh. What's up with all the time spent on his past life flashbacks, anyway?

And Violet needs to be staked. Soon. I never did like her character, and she's way overdue to get gone.

I did like Sarah's psychotic breaks/premonitions, whatever they were. Jason popping in there was too funny.
    Right? I've never found Bill attractive and that did nothing to change my mind, even without the veins. Clearly, Sookie and Bill are them endgame. Blech.

I guess some people had a problem with the way the books ended, but I thought it made perfect sense. I liked it.

Oh, and GO ARLENE! Finally girlfriend gets some action. Kudos to Carrie Preston on going for it. Not so easy when you aren't 25. She looked great.

With three episodes left, surely the body count will go higher. At this point the characters I want to survive are: Eric, Pam, Jessica, Jason, Sookie...and that's about it. Okay, I'd like it if Andy survived too. He was really good in this episode. They're letting him show more depth, which is nice. Lafayette died so early on in the books that I'm cool with him dying now. I mean, look at how much longer he survived on the show!

Agreed, way - Violet needs to be staked. NOW. Hopefully, it will happen next week.

Not sure what the point of Niall was in this episode? Just to bring (the horribly miscast) Rutger Hauer back? Total waste of time
    beerbelly likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fanatic

I just need Eric, Pam, Jason and Lafayette to survive. The others...meh..don't care. I am still bitter about Alcide's early exit. They could have kept him on for some more gratuitous shirtless scenes.

Bill's flashbacks are boring. Sookie can leave as well.....
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Agreed about Bill's flashbacks...zzzzzzz. Nobody wants Bill & Sookie back together, so they're trying to make us sympathize with him, but the fans aren't buying it. Why does Sookie have to end up with anyone?

With so many characters talking about moving away from Bon Temps...I started thinking it made sense for half of them. Sam has no reason not to go to his baby mama...they're just saving that goodbye scene for one of the final episodes. And it will be anti-climactic, because Sam was another great character that got ruined with silly plot lines.

With Hep V all but cured, I feel like they could wrap up the whole series in the next episode. This dumb Violet-kidnaps-the-teen-lovers story is pointless, who cares. If that's the only get-the-villain story they have left, then it's over.

It was a good run, but it's ending with a whimper. But it was fun seeing Fairy Godfather Rutger Hauer again!
    beerbelly likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread