+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 211 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Even though Season 2 is still a long way off, here are a few spoilers regarding new actors coming on the scene and more:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Mariana Klaveno, shown in Season 1 as the vampire that turned Bill, will be a season 2 regular in same role of Lorena. New to the series will be Anna Camp playing the series-regular role of Sarah Newlin, as wife of Steve Newlin (the Fellowship of the Sun). Also, Ashley Jones (The Bold and the Beautiful) will be doing a six-episode arc as Daphne, a new Merlotte’s waitress and new love interest for Sam.

If you have more room for thought, here is a Season 2 spoiler from Alan Ball:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    “Jason goes into the Fellowship of the Sun church in a big way and is surprised by what he finds there. There’s a new creature in town that is unlike any other. Nobody knows what this creature is, I’m not sure if it will be entirely explained in the show — it’s not a werewolf. There are new romances for Tara, Jason and Sara. Bill and Sookie have a lot of issues to sort out — including having made a new teenage vampire that’s living in their house. Bill and Sookie also go to Dallas to find one of their own who has gone missing.”

(Note: pretty sure Alan is referring to the Maenad as the new creature in town). I have no idea why he phrased Bill & Sookie living in their house....?? something new for Season 2
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Looking forward to New Year's Eve! There's a marathon of the season starting at 6:00 or 6:30 pm! I still need to catch the last episode.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I finally got the books in (after waiting nearly a month) and in two days I have gone through the first two--unbelievable story-love it! The first book, well, it is decent, but book 2 is just amazing- great story, characters, suspense. (If you order the set off amazon you will save like 30 bucks!)

I also find myself really, really liking Eric.... in fact, I am now rooting for him, for whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3287933;
    I finally got the books in (after waiting nearly a month) and in two days I have gone through the first two--unbelievable story-love it! The first book, well, it is decent, but book 2 is just amazing- great story, characters, suspense. (If you order the set off amazon you will save like 30 bucks!)

I also find myself really, really liking Eric.... in fact, I am now rooting for him, for whatever!
    Amazing how the more you read the series the better it gets. Not all of the books are phenomenal but pretty much I was excited to read each of them. I think next season will be even more exciting then the first and I can't wait for Dead and Gone (book 9 due out in May) to be released.

Eric is definitely my favorite vampire too,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he becomes more lovable in each book IMO and her brother Jason becomes less likable.
    I've been reading all of Charlaine Harris's books lately but Sookie is my favorite series, with the Harper Connelly series a very close second.

Thank you Alan Ball for focusing awareness on this great author, and especially for embellishing the stories with such fantastic, fresh storylines!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Eric is my favorite guy too. Dead to the World (Book 4) sealed the deal for me.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Ok for the Eric fans
    Christopher Reeve

Eric is smoldering hot.

When I read the books I envision the Eric from the HBO series and it works- just perfectly! Team Eric (northman)!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3292501;
    When I read the books I envision the Eric from the HBO series and it works- just perfectly! Team Eric (northman)!
    Actually, he fit my image of Eric from the books very well, so I was excited for the show to start. Bill looks different then I had imagined, but I thought Sookie, Jasen and Grams were perfect as well.

I am especially pleased that not only do the actors fit the part, their acting is suberb! I imagine that when I read the next Sookie book due out in May I will be seeing these familiar faces now.

Good news, although Alan only plans to follow the books through about book 4, Ms Harris plans to keep the series going for a very long time.

I have a feeling that Alan plans to deviate at Book 4
    Click to see Spoiler:
    because he plans to keep Sookie and Bill romantically connected through out the True Blood series, unlike the books - but I could be wrong. I would love to see Sookie and Eric connect as they do in the books.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3294896;
    Actually, he fit my image of Eric from the books very well, so I was excited for the show to start. Bill looks different then I had imagined, but I thought Sookie, Jasen and Grams were perfect as well.

I am especially pleased that not only do the actors fit the part, their acting is suberb! I imagine that when I read the next Sookie book due out in May I will be seeing these familiar faces now.

Good news, although Alan only plans to follow the books through about book 4, Ms Harris plans to keep the series going for a very long time.

I have a feeling that Alan plans to deviate at Book 4
    Click to see Spoiler:
    because he plans to keep Sookie and Bill romantically connected through out the True Blood series, unlike the books - but I could be wrong. I would love to see Sookie and Eric connect as they do in the books.
    Yeah, I'm with you and would love to see
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sookie and Eric connect.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread