+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I was disappointed with the premiere... but then I have been disappointed since Season 3... I also don't think Tara is dead. I am hoping it gets better since it's the last season. I find myself less and less interested in all the side characters and really only caring about Eric and Pam.
    wannasee likes this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I'm going to hang in there, but I am going to need a lot more naked Manganiello and more Pam to stay interested.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I was ready to bail on it halfway through last season, but stuck with it when they announced this was the last. I'm getting REALLY tired of the "our friends are held captive and we have to find them" for what, the third or fourth season in a row? Eric made it easier to watch, so hoping to see him again soon. I wasn't thrilled with the premiere, mostly because it became the same 'go find and spring our friends' AGAIN.
    beerbelly and ClosetRTWatcher like this.
    Wag more, bark less

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

So disappointing!

I noticed that Rutina Wesley appeared in the main credits along with the ensemble cast rather as a guest starring credit. It caused me to immediately wonder if Tara was actually dead. (That, and her mother is a total wing nut who can't be relied upon for anything, let alone an eyewitness report) I made a mental note to check the credits for her next week.
    wannasee likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Last night's episode was pretty dull, with the exception of the inevitable Jason/Eric sex dream. That was excellent. When Jason threw his jacket on the floor, I busted out laughing.

I guess the synopsis I read of this episode was accurate - Eric is back, although for how long?
    Jamie5632 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Jason and Eric making out and Alcide in the shower (albeit for only a moment, sigh) were the highlights of that mess for me. Eric has the Hep V? If they take him out like that I'll be highly pissed.

And really, enough of Tara's mom. First it was the booze, now she's a V junkie? Pff.
    beerbelly and Fo'Realz? like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

That's been her thing all along -- she's an addictive personality, only the symptoms changed over the years -- from booze to Jesus to V. The mere fact that they're still spending time on her tells me that we haven't seen the last of Tara, and not just for hallucinations & flashbacks.

It sure looks like Eric has Hep V. Which is dumb, because that has nothing to do with his cliffhanger, where he was consumed in flames when Bill's superblood wore off. And what's wrong with Jessica? Stuff started appearing on her skin in the attic, too.

I think the writers are using the intro scene of each episode to indulge the fans' most popular requests. First they kill Tara, and now Jason and Eric get it on! Yeah, I'm gonna be watching that a few more (hundred) times...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I could not stop laughing at Jason's "sexy" throw my jacket down move. Loved it!
    Wag more, bark less

I was reading an article about the show recently and I think it was Anna Paquin who said that the reason Ryan Kwanten is so great as Jason is that he's one of those guys who's unaware of how gorgeous he is. He's able to infuse his own kindness into Jason, so Jason's success with women never seems like "player." It never occurs to him that not all men have women running after him.

Although Jason isn't much of a well-drawn character in the books, he's one of my favorites on the show and the one (maybe the only one) who consistently makes me laugh out loud. It's not even the scripted stuff most of the time; it's those little moments, like throwing the jacket on the floor.
    prhoshay, waywyrd and MFWalkoff like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yeah, Ryan K. was def made to play Jason, one of the best book to screen characters I have ever seen done. I can't wait for this season to be over, it has just gone too much in a different direction from the book, makes me wonder how they will end it.

+ Reply to Thread