+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree278Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Thanks for the reminder!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm still trying to get excited over it. I'll watch, but the show has lost a lot of its fun for me.
    Jamie5632, causingchaos and JavaJo like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I think it's because of how much it has changed over the seasons. I feel exactly the same way.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Did anyone watch the premiere?

I tried watching some of the season 6 marathon leading up to tonight and really could barely remember that I watched any of it last year, although I know I did. I must have blocked it out. When I was watching season 5 episodes a few days ago, I kept thinking that was last season. Shows how terribly memorable season 6 was.

I'm shocked that they did away with Tara with so little fanfare. Tara's always annoyed me, although vampire Tara was a little less annoying. Still, Rutina was on the show for 6 seasons. I thought it odd that she died off-screen. I do wish her mother had died too. I've never liked that character.

You know, I've got to hand it to Anna Paquin. So often, an actress will do nude scenes early in her career or in a show's run but, as they or the show get more successful, they won't do them any more. To paraphrase Anna's husband, she's a badass. I can't believe she's had twins. I couldn't see a stretch mark on her.....and there wasn't much of her that they didn't show. Watching that scene with her and Joe Manganiello, I kept thinking, "She got paid to do that." Some people's jobs are just better than mine. Like A LOT better.

Is it bad that I don't really care if the Hep-vamps eat Arlene? I actually care more about Holly at this point....and about Sam's baby mama, whose name I don't think I ever knew.

Jason finally got laid, bless his heart. Does Ryan Kwanten have a lick of body fat? Good Lord.

I'm sure we'll see Eric pretty soon here. They've got Pam searching the world for him, so I assume she'll eventually find him.

I'll be watching until the bitter end, even though I feel like the show peaked in season 2.

Okay, I have an app on my phone that tracks all the shows I watch and lists future episodes and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the synopsis for episode 3 says, "Sookie hatches a dangerous plan; Pam looks to motivate Eric." So, there you go. IIRC, another synopsis - I think for episode 2 - said something about a character returning and I assumed that was Eric. I'd guess we'll see him by the end of episode 2, which will seriously increase my interest in the show.
    AJane and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Watching that scene with her and Joe Manganiello, I kept thinking, "She got paid to do that." Some people's jobs are just better than mine. Like A LOT better.
    I know! I'd gladly get paid to roll around half naked with that man. Beats the hell out of my current job. And yes, Anna looked amazing.

Can't believe they offed Tara like that. Terry got a long draw out funeral episode, and Tara got a few tears from her friends and that's it. Sheesh.

And why does the whole town blame Sookie for the stuff going on?
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    And why does the whole town blame Sookie for the stuff going on?
    I had the same thought. I think it's because she was the first person in town to get involved with a vamp, so they think that anything vamp-related is also Sookie-related.

I can't say I enjoyed this episode much. It felt like a flat beginning to the final season. I'm only surprised about Tara's offing because I've always thought this show wasn't "brave" enough to get rid of major characters. I still don't like the vamp character that Jason is involved with. In fact, there are too many characters in this show that I just don't care about. Maybe that's why it feels so flat to me - I don't feel "invested".

It felt flat to me too -- the plotting was very soap opera, where they showed short scenes and cross-cut between them, sometimes in mid-conversation (like Jessica and the H-vamp). I found the writing too on-the-nose -- where was the usual wit and snark?

And Tara's death was handled so badly that I'm still not convinced she's dead. Maybe her mom was actually sitting in the other vamp's entrails and Tara fled. It's probably not true and Tara really is dead, but the scene was handled so badly that AFAIC it's open to interpretation.

BTW the episode was directed by Stephen Moyer (Bill).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I agree that I am not sure that Tara is dead. This was a mess. I'm going to rewatch it on HBOGO, for what it's worth.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I kept thinking Tara wasn't dead, she will probably show up at Lafayette's place, but she didn't. At least not yet. It's weird how they said she died but didn't show it.

There are too many characters to follow, but I would have preferred to see Tara stay and end up with Pam, I liked them together. After Pam finds Eric, of course. I really hope there are no more new people, and they wind up the stories for the long running characters.

I agree with everyone who thinks Tara might still be alive.

+ Reply to Thread