+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

waywyrd, SpringMaiden27 and Kiz like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I remember Eric glamoring Alcide in regard to finding Sookie repulsive. Maybe it wears off for weres? Also, Warlow mentioned that Niall was a child when Warlow was turned by Lillith. So Niall is really, really, really old.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    It was a very strange finale. Does anyone else think that Sookie has turned into a real bitch over the last season? I really don't like what her character has turned into (no, not because no one is good enough for Alcide ). The Jason/Violet thing makes my lip curl. I want him back with Jessica.

I actually liked the bit about Bill writing a book, and I agree that the sudden personality transformation of Warlow was silly. Sam as mayor=dumb. Tara and mom reuniting...whaaaatever. (My husband thinks that the mom is lying and is a hep-V carrier, and wants Tara to die. We can only hope...but then Sookie will somehow magically find someone who has a cure, I suppose.) I also refuse to believe Eric is dead, because I just can't believe that Alan Ball would give him such an anti-climactic demise.

I hadn't noticed, but I would guess that at some point the fairy aging process would slow down. Andy's baby mama (cannot recall her name) looked pretty young and wasn't she supposed to be a few hundred years old? On the other hand, Niall looks old but he's supposed to be really ancient.
    That was my first thought too... Mom probably thinks she is doing Tara a favor in some warped way so that she doesn't have to suffer being a vampire for eternity... This will of course make Sookie actually care what happens to a vampire so she'll get involved with trying to find the cure... which will bring her to Bill... sigh...

After mostly enjoying this season, I found the finale rather underwhelming... but I'm in for the long haul and will certainly back to see what goes on in Bon Temps next season!

I posted in the book thread too but Charlaine is releasing another book about what happened to the characters after the last book.

Nialls mom was pregnant with him when warlow was turned in the flashback, then when warlow showed up 3-4 years later Niall looked about 4, so yeah no rapid aging there

And yes as someone above said alcide was glamoured by Eric to find sookie repulsive at the beginning of season 5

Here's another plot hole, what happened to the bleeds???? I just loved how bill was walking around all day and no bleeding, and I guess since warlow was part fae bleeds don't apply, maybe the magical blood erased the bleeds who knows

I am just annoyed, but of course I am watching next season!

Niall is full-blood fairy, unlike Andy's daughter, so there's the difference.

"Bleeds?" Not sure what you mean.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Yeah but it still makes no sense, they did it to speed up the plot nothing more, it would have been more believable if Andy had flash backed meeting meralda and skip to the present she shows up with fae kids.

But this show never did make sense.

I guess I just expect more, it's not like the books gave them no material, there's still so much they could have used and didn't, instead used their time on the wolf pack, the authority,things that either had little book time or no time.

The bleeds, remember in season two when they were at the vamp hotel and where awake during the day and started bleeding from their ears, nose, etc....basically why vamps have to sleep during the day, and bill goes "the bleeds have begun"........all dramatic lol

It's a show about vampires, werewolves and shapeshifters. I guess I'm not looking for logic or things to make sense.
    Hyper and ClosetRTWatcher like this.

i know LOL, but, the books make sense!!!!

but the books are what? 300 pages?

lot harder to make a 12 part one hour series

Kiz

All good things must come to an end.

HBO's 'True Blood' to end its run in 2014
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread