+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

No way is Eric actually dead. Pam went off to find him and I'm sure she did...in time to save him.

Now we know why Joe Manganiello's hair was so nasty - it was a wig, at least in this episode.

ETA: That last shot was so very Game of Thrones season 2 finale, only with vamps instead of white walkers.

Anyone else think it was weird that Andy's daughter hadn't aged any more in 6 months?
    Last edited by Critical; 08-18-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I dunno -- they made us watch him burn for a long time before cutting away. And it looks like they're going to force a Bill-Sookie happy ending on us next year. If the whole season is about Bill winning her back, it will be baaaaaaad. Fans were happy when they split up, because Bill is a wet blanket and they had no chemistry. If this is the case, I could see them getting rid of Eric since fans would complain that Sookie should end up with him instead. I wonder if Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer had something to do with it, since they are together in real life and want their characters to do the same, no matter what we think.

Diseased vamp showdown, feh. The 6-month jump was just a quick & dirty setup that made little sense, just so they could do that cliffhanger. I can't see them killing off anyone else in the cast at the social, they decimated the cast this year already.

I was happy to hear that the final season will be more about Bon Temps then global vamp political intrigue, but if it's reduced to Bill slowly wooing Sookie back over several episodes, ick.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

There was some good in the finale: Alcide's hair cut, Jess vowing to protect Andy, Arlene being happy (if a bit drunk), the resurgence (however nonsensical) of Rutger Hauer's Niall. Sookie should really get a bathroom refurbish after all the crap that's gone down there in this season. I like that they're refocusing on Bon Temps. But....

Eric may or may not be dead; that's not a show killer for me if he is. The unanswered questions about Warlow, like WTF was that image that came up twice in the Sookie's bathroom? Why are the HepV vamps walking around like extras from The Walking Dead? Yeah, the virus apparently mutated, but viruses don't typically mutate to a weaker version and Nora and that kid's maker (last ep) died in a couple of days after being infected. Then how in holy hell did Sam become mayor? Bill's book deal is totally off the wall. Tara and her mom, well, I've always thought the mom character was over acted. I should have FFd.

Eric I'm hoping he managed to bury himself in the snow. I'm not counting on Pam saving him because her ability to be in the sun wore off, too. I didn't like the finale at all.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Why are the HepV vamps walking around like extras from The Walking Dead?
    My husband asked if they were bringing zombies to TB after seeing that. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought WTF about Sam as mayor. And now Merlotte's is the Bellefleur bar? Okay. Guess Arlene spent her insurance money.

The whole church scene/sponsor a vamp thing was totally ridiculous, IMO. So was Bill's change of heart about Sookie, after he said some pretty rank things about her this season. Nice to see her with Alcide, though. I do NOT want a Bill/Sookie happy ending. Violet has to go, too. She's beyond annoying.

I refuse to believe Eric is dead. Refuse! He's a huge reason I watch this show at all. Bill got crisped up pretty good before, and he came back from it. Eric is a hell of a lot stronger, and Pam was coming to get him. Yeah, I'm going with that.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

no way Eric is dead, he didn't blow up so, I am going with he is going to be weakened.....but, I don't think he will be around a whole lot next season, and it doesnt appear that anyone in bon temps cares that he is gone minus Pam

so, yeah, the finale, didn't care for it, did not like what they did with Warlow, that was too much of a 180, and when I watched the inside the episode later, the directors said those scenes were not to make warlow the evil bad guy, just a guy that ran out of patience, give me a break! there is a difference between running out of patience and assaulting someone, that was such a waste of a character!

and sookie and alcide, I am not against it, but we all know they will be over by mid season next year

i thought the flash forward scenes were the most boring! and Sam as mayor, okay.......

but here is my biggest beef, what the heck happened to Lillth???? according to the prophecy, only warlow could kill lillith, now what???? so because she saved the vamps she is gone? will she come back???? they better explain that next season, at least the walking in the sun thing finally came to an end

so, i started off loving this season it so lost momentum by episode 6 and just went downhill after that......here's hoping season 7 can redeem itself, but with these writers, I don't know

I still have hope the end will match the end in the book......to which a lot of fans will not be pleased about

Quote Originally Posted by snickers View Post
    no way Eric is dead, he didn't blow up so, I am going with he is going to be weakened.....but, I don't think he will be around a whole lot next season, and it doesnt appear that anyone in bon temps cares that he is gone minus Pam

so, yeah, the finale, didn't care for it, did not like what they did with Warlow, that was too much of a 180, and when I watched the inside the episode later, the directors said those scenes were not to make warlow the evil bad guy, just a guy that ran out of patience, give me a break! there is a difference between running out of patience and assaulting someone, that was such a waste of a character!

and sookie and alcide, I am not against it, but we all know they will be over by mid season next year

i thought the flash forward scenes were the most boring! and Sam as mayor, okay.......

but here is my biggest beef, what the heck happened to Lillth???? according to the prophecy, only warlow could kill lillith, now what???? so because she saved the vamps she is gone? will she come back???? they better explain that next season, at least the walking in the sun thing finally came to an end

so, i started off loving this season it so lost momentum by episode 6 and just went downhill after that......here's hoping season 7 can redeem itself, but with these writers, I don't know

I still have hope the end will match the end in the book......to which a lot of fans will not be pleased about
    I was happy with the end of the book series. It's what I always imagined would happen. I mean, she was NEVER going to end up with
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Eric. Plus, he was kind of a jackass for the last few books. With Sam hooked up with a baby mama, I don't know that the show will end the way the books did.

I liked that we saw the end of Warlow and, frankly, I don't care why Lilith is gone as long as she IS!

They're promising that the show will return to what is was earlier in the series. I'll be watching to see if it's true.

I don't know why they keep trying to force feed Sookie and Bill to us. It didn't work. I'm sure Stephen and Anna have plenty of chemistry IRL, but they don't on camera. She could use a little (relative) normality with Alcide for a while at least.

Yeah, I won't believe that Eric is dead until the show him turning into a little pile of ash. If he was truly dead, that's what they would have shown us instead of this cliffhanger. Since we never saw Pam again either, I choose to believe they're together and that she, somehow, saved him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

It was a very strange finale. Does anyone else think that Sookie has turned into a real bitch over the last season? I really don't like what her character has turned into (no, not because no one is good enough for Alcide ). The Jason/Violet thing makes my lip curl. I want him back with Jessica.

I actually liked the bit about Bill writing a book, and I agree that the sudden personality transformation of Warlow was silly. Sam as mayor=dumb. Tara and mom reuniting...whaaaatever. (My husband thinks that the mom is lying and is a hep-V carrier, and wants Tara to die. We can only hope...but then Sookie will somehow magically find someone who has a cure, I suppose.) I also refuse to believe Eric is dead, because I just can't believe that Alan Ball would give him such an anti-climactic demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Anyone else think it was weird that Andy's daughter hadn't aged any more in 6 months?
    I hadn't noticed, but I would guess that at some point the fairy aging process would slow down. Andy's baby mama (cannot recall her name) looked pretty young and wasn't she supposed to be a few hundred years old? On the other hand, Niall looks old but he's supposed to be really ancient.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

but they still didnt explain why andy's kids grew up so fast, niall aged normally.....i am so sick of these plot holes!

well, after reading on the web, the consensus seems to be that most did not like this finale

I feel like a fanfiction writer wrote this finale

here's another plot hole, wasn't alicde glamored to find sookie repulsive???

What do you mean that Niall aged normally? We only saw him when he was very old. Maybe fairies only age rapidly to adulthood/maturity.

I don't remember Alcide being glamored

+ Reply to Thread