+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    No, no you're not. And I agree on Alcide's hair, too sloppy. That man is too gorgeous to walk around with blah hair.

I do love me an Eric rampage, but I found it sort of jarring to keep switching from Terry's funeral to the action at the camp. I almost hated to see Newlin go -his outburst at the end was great, though. One more episode left! *sob*
    When he walked up to Sookie at the funeral, I said, "I'm Alcide and this is my brother Alcide and this is my other brother Alcide." It was that bad.

As much as I hate Sarah Newlin, I love Anna Camp. I'm sort of glad Jason didn't kill her. Poor Steve. Always picked last for dodge ball. I loved his little "screw you" to Sarah at the end. Perfect exit. I wonder how sick Anna Camp was of that white suit by the end of the season. She'd been wearing it for weeks!

There was a bit too much of Terry's funeral for me. He was too minor a character for THAT big of a send-off, especially since the season is shorter by two episodes this year.

I'll say it again - if they kill off Eric (or Pam), I'm done with the show. I reserve the right to keep my av.
    AJane and beerbelly like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I really don't think they will do that, I'd be shocked if they killed off Eric....Pam though, probably would not go but could

I am telling you Sookie will not become a vamp, too obvious! and from next weeks promo it looks like warlow goes on a rampage, now why would he do that unless his "intended" is taken away from him? I don't think he's toast this season, I mean they build him up just to have him in the graveyard for half the season???? Maybe next season he will really be the big bad???

this sounds terrible, but I would like Tara to go, I don't like what they've done with the character, I can't think of who else from the core group they would get rid of?????

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    When he walked up to Sookie at the funeral, I said, "I'm Alcide and this is my brother Alcide and this is my other brother Alcide." It was that bad.

As much as I hate Sarah Newlin, I love Anna Camp. I'm sort of glad Jason didn't kill her. Poor Steve. Always picked last for dodge ball. I loved his little "screw you" to Sarah at the end. Perfect exit. I wonder how sick Anna Camp was of that white suit by the end of the season. She'd been wearing it for weeks!

There was a bit too much of Terry's funeral for me. He was too minor a character for THAT big of a send-off, especially since the season is shorter by two episodes this year.

I'll say it again - if they kill off Eric (or Pam), I'm done with the show. I reserve the right to keep my av.
    Exactly what I said to my husband about Terry. We were squirming through the funeral bits at first, then ff'ing them. I hate when they use old scenes to kill time, too.

I love long hair on men but agree on Alcide's hair. My husband has the same kind of curls and he gets that weird triangle-head when he grows it out without regular styling. Because I'm a fangirly stalker-type when it comes to Joe Manganiello, I saw some pics at the last Comic-con - he has a short haircut now but kept the facial hair, fortunately.

Already not missing Steve, though the dying love for Jason was awesomely funny. Nice twist having Bill be the saviour after all. So where did Eric go???? (Hopefully to kill Warlow. Don't like him.) I didn't get it. Also didn't care for the weird Age of Aquarius dancing when the vamps realized they could walk in the sun.
    beerbelly likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Exactly what I said to my husband about Terry. We were squirming through the funeral bits at first, then ff'ing them. I hate when they use old scenes to kill time, too.

I love long hair on men but agree on Alcide's hair. My husband has the same kind of curls and he gets that weird triangle-head when he grows it out without regular styling. Because I'm a fangirly stalker-type when it comes to Joe Manganiello, I saw some pics at the last Comic-con - he has a short haircut now but kept the facial hair, fortunately.

Already not missing Steve, though the dying love for Jason was awesomely funny. Nice twist having Bill be the saviour after all. So where did Eric go???? (Hopefully to kill Warlow. Don't like him.) I didn't get it. Also didn't care for the weird Age of Aquarius dancing when the vamps realized they could walk in the sun.
    I saw it as a combo of being high off the magic fairy blood and being able to walk in the sun for the first time in MANY years.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

I think I'm done with True Blood.

Not because of the endlessly boring storylines that go nowhere and lead up to nothing, or the various plots that are just abandoned and forgotten, but because there is literally no place to go from here with the vampires. Sookie should hate her former friends and lovers with a fiery passion for the atrocities they've committed. Murdering dozens of people.

I don't mind if they're playing up the monstrous elements of vampires, but for True Blood, a show that started out with Vampires trying to become decent normal people with an edge to them, turning them back into slaughter-happy monsters seems like a betrayal of what made the show unique in the first place. Vampires have become petulant psychopaths running around killing everybody who looks at them in a funny way.

During this season I was pretty much siding with the bad-guys, because quite frankly they weren't wrong. Eric and Bill and a slew of others have killed without any remorse or even reason. They've been killing for hundreds of years. Those people working at the camp, those guards, those psychiatrists, those researchers, they all died, painfully shredded limb from limb... and why? Because they just happened to work for the wrong people at the wrong time? Working against undead creatures who have killed countless of innocents and have been shown to manipulate for their personal gain. How can you blame the humans for wanting to declare war on vampires when they have gone out of their way to terrorize regular humans.

When Bill goes out, all angry because a dozen or so vampires are getting killed, it rings utterly hollow when he's been shown to suck a woman dry and break every bone in her body in an excruciatingly painful manner a couple of episodes earlier. He's killed and maimed so many fathers, sons, brothers, lovers, and friends of regular human folk that his precious little few vampires pale in comparison. It rings hollow when you kill 50 to avenge or save 6, of which 4 are utterly inhuman murderers.

Same goes for Eric getting pissed about what they're doing to Pam and his sister, when he turned the governors daughter- just to spite him after he failed to kill him.

It's hard to feel any sort of sympathy for Bill and Eric when their kill-count is in the hundreds just this season alone, when the bad guys have maybe killed 20 vampires. Same goes for the torture, the bad guys torturing vampires are nothing compared to the vampires torturing and raping regular humans, in this season and previous seasons.

Jessica killed three young girls! Bill didn't stomp her face in, heck he was just pissed she ruined his plans for abducting four young girls and have them be experimented on for an indefinite amount of time. Speaking of which...how is that professor doing in his basement.

Why the hell would Sookie want to go back to Bill and Eric, why would she even entertain the thought of talking to them after all this s***?

Freakin' hypocrits.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 08-13-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    beerbelly likes this.
    This is not a signature.

Kiz

I'm going to miss Steve Newlin. His last line in the series was incredible.

Below are a couple of excerpts from the article.

True Blood

True Blood’s Michael McMillian on Steve Newlin’s Fate

Steve's last words were, "I love you, Jason Stackhouse."

If this were Lost, Jason would be Steve's constant. And it's not only Steve's final proclamation for his one true love, but it's also a giant f***-you to his ex-wife. It was a line I actually pitched to [showrunner] Brian Buckner. One of the things I missed most this season was that Ryan Kwanten and I hadn't had any scenes together, so when they called and said I was going to be killed off, I asked, "Am I going to have any more scenes with Ryan?" And Bucky said, "No, but he's going to be at the camp and he'll be watching from the observation room when you die." And so I said, "Then I want my final words to be, 'I love you, Jason Stackhouse.'" "Will that make you feel better?" "Absolutely." And he wrote it into the script. [Laughs.]

Who was Steve's maker? He didn't know her name ...

I'd love to answer the question, but the truth is, I don't know! And I'm not sure if the show is ever going to answer it or not. At one point, we were going to find out last season, and it was written out in the script, but they scratched it out.

Do you remember what it said?

I would answer that question, except I co-wrote a book with one of the associate producers on the show, Gianna Sobol, that is coming out in the fall, and it's called Steve Newlin's Field Guide to Vampires (and Other Creatures of Satan), and one of the things we pitched to Brian Buckner was to answer that, but Bucky asked us to stay mum. So I guess there's always the possibility that it could be answered next year. I'd love to see Steve's origins as a vampire, but honestly, any flashback that involves Steve and Sarah's history would be the best. I would love to do a whole prequel series about the two of them. It could be from the start of their marriage to starting up the Fellowship of the Sun camp in season two.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 08-13-2013 at 12:32 PM.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Great comments everyone.

What a long funeral. Did the whole town speak?

And I can't stand Sookie anymore. She was so much better in the beginning when it was funny for her to read thoughts and try and control them. The good parts for me are Jason and Pam.

If Bill just had a vile of Morlow's blood and was rocking it - why did Eric have to drink from Marlow and the fairy girl?

And lol on the 'age of aquarius' dancing!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    If Bill just had a vile of Morlow's blood and was rocking it - why did Eric have to drink from Marlow and the fairy girl?
    Eric needed the fairy girl to get into fairy world where Warlow was hiding out. Then he drank from Warlow to go out in the sun. Is this "sun walking" phenomenon supposed to be permanent? I'm waiting for it to wear off...

I hate the female vamp who has laid claim to Jason. She is highly annoying and I hope they get rid of her very soon.

Regarding the "age of aquarius dancing" scene. I was annoyed when Bill came back out and they were all in awe and clapping. They had completely forgotten about him two seconds prior to that point!?

I thought Terry's funeral was nice, but I agree it was a bit long. Although there were flashbacks, I thought it was all new material rather than clips pilfered from old episodes. I didn't remember those scenes. I actually got a little teary at one point!

I also don't think Sookie will get turned. From the preview it looks like they are going to cram a whole lot of stuff into the final episode!!

Thank you Closet! I don't know why this show confuses me so....but then again I find it a bit boring now.

After Bill saved them they just forgot him and left him for dead. Stupid writers.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Looks like I didn't miss anything by not watching this season. The Show jumped the shark last year. I did hear that TB is getting a new show runner and will ditch all these story lines but I think it might be too late for this show.
    beerbelly and causingchaos like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread