+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Add me to the list of people that are over Alcide. They've changed his character so much, he's totally unlikable. A shame. At least I can still fawn over Eric...

They weren't kidding about shedding storylines/characters. The only one I'll miss is Terry. Not sure if they're going to off Eric's sister, but I wouldn't miss her. And Emma needed to go, as does Sam's new friend, whatever her name is.

Did Sookie actually bite Warlow there at the end? She sure seems to have gotten control of her magic hands, there. And yes, her body is disgustingly awesome.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Add me to the list for not liking Alcide's character and to having a "damn girl!" moment when I saw Anna's body.

this show is getting very hard for me to watch . . . . i have 3 episodes on my dvr and no strong desire to watch them . . .

Yes, Sookie did bite warlow, if you pay close attention there is a shot where while she is drinking his blood her wound closes up

It was pretty cool actually.

And yes, count me in with the "alcide can die now"

I have never liked what they did with the were storyline, they basically turned them into trash! Now if it was hotshot, I'd believe it, but the show makes these were packs out to be uneducated morons, don"t like it at all.

As for the warlow/ben thing, I cant believe I am saying this, but I am digging them as a couple, I think it is because for once, she is not wailing for Bill/Eric. The triangle was getting old, I do wish she could have had more of a relationship with Eric, but hey, there's still time. Oh, but I will say that last scene with her/warlow in fairyland was anything BUT sexy! Such a ridiculous scene.

I am really enjoying this season, I felt last season with the authority was really blah, and I find the warlow twist interesting because all we heard about last season was how evil he was.

I get why some people might not like the fairy stuff, but the fairy storyline is very central to the books, so I think the fairy stuff is sticking around for a while, but then again, this show is unpredictable!
    beerbelly likes this.

Kiz

Season 6 Spoiler

Click to see Spoiler:
    More death is coming to "True Blood" Season 6.

According to new cast member Rob Kazinsky (Warlow on "True Blood"), the grim reaper visits Bon Temps quite a bit this season and the deaths are "going to greatly change the tone of the show."

"I'll let you in on a secret: There are multiple deaths this season," he told Access Hollywood. "Each is more shocking than the next and just when you think somebody just couldn’t bite the bullet, there they go."

Michael McMillian, who plays Steve Newlin on "True Blood," also teased a huge death that changes the show.

“I obviously can’t say who it is, but I was definitely surprised when I found out,” McMillian told Hollywood Life.

Two deaths rocked "True Blood" in the Sunday, July 21 episode. Terry (Todd Lowe) and Governor Truman Burrell (Arliss Howard) kicked the bucket. Lowe said Terry's death will send Arlene (Carrie Preston) on the road to vengeance.

"She will seek vengeance. She's going to try to figure it out. We leave it as a little bit of a mystery as to why she can't seek vengeance. I think that will be justified," Lowe told TV Guide.

At the "True Blood" Comic-Con panel, new showrunner Brian Buckner said the show will be getting back to basics as Season 6 wraps up and heads toward Season 7. "[We hope] you're gonna feel that the show is going to return back to its roots and it's going to be about this group of people living in Bon Temps ... we're going to condense the number of stories we're telling and make it feel like we're coming home," he said.

More 'True Blood' Deaths Coming In Season 6
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Re: the spoilers...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'd heard that there would be some shocking deaths. I'll say it right now... If they kill Eric or Pam, I'm done with the show and maybe if they kill Jason, Sam or Jessica too. Don't care about Bill. Obviously, Sookie's not going anywhere. Lafayette's been living on borrowed time since he was killed off in book 1. Arlene can go since Terry is gone.

I'm all for culling the herd so-to-speak, but I hope TPTB realize who the fans want to see on the show. For me, it's a core group of five or six main characters with some supporting characters thrown in for good measure.
    Jamie5632, JavaJo and Kiz like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Re: the spoilers...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'd heard that there would be some shocking deaths. I'll say it right now... If they kill Eric or Pam, I'm done with the show and maybe if they kill Jason, Sam or Jessica too. Don't care about Bill. Obviously, Sookie's not going anywhere. Lafayette's been living on borrowed time since he was killed off in book 1. Arlene can go since Terry is gone.

I'm all for culling the herd so-to-speak, but I hope TPTB realize who the fans want to see on the show. For me, it's a core group of five or six main characters with some supporting characters thrown in for good measure.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    If they finally cut the characters down and started writing good solid story lines featuring just a handful of characters instead of trying to make it overwhelming with all these characters taht never die I'd probably enjoy the show more. To me the show and the books went down this same path of more and more characters. By the time I read the last book I couldn't remember who any of these people were and I feel that way watching the show too.

Thanks for clarifying the 'biting' scene - I was confused as well. I wish they would stop having Lafayette get controlled by spirits. Old hat. And how did Terry get shot?

Sookie has a nice upper body....but my immediate thought was that mine was better!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Click to see Spoiler:
    So, as was stated before, apparently more deaths are coming, but honestly, I think the only characters at this point that are at risk of going are Alcide, Jessica, Arlene, Warlow, Andy, Tara, Nora, Willa, and Lafayette. No way are Bill, Eric, Pam, Sam, or Jason going, they are too important in the books, (well, Bill could probably go, but he is so popular on the show I don't see them doing that). But Lafayette should have been dead by season 2, Alcide has become a waste of space, and Jessica/Warlow/Nora/Willa are made up characters!

So I take it they are never bringing Dermont, Amelia, Quinn, Mr.C/Diantha into the mix????? Too bad, I was looking forward to the actor who plays Jason take on two roles. Then again, I shudder to think what they would do those characters, after all, look at what they did to Claude/Claudine!

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    And how did Terry get shot?
    He convinced his army buddy to kill him because he was feeling so guilty about the things he had done... he asked him to give him a couple of days to get his affairs in order then to shoot him. He also asked that he do it without warning because he didn't want to know when it was coming.
    beerbelly likes this.

+ Reply to Thread