+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 210 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Gotcha! My first thought was that if there is going to be a strike, it's bound to be over money, and we'll all be paying anyway. Maybe the free entertainment would be watching the SAG people march in circles on the news shows! Yeah, it's easy to think of TV as free, until we have to pay that ridiculous bill every month!

I just had to make sure that I wasn't missing out on something that everybody knew about except for me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3244653;
    Gotcha! My first thought was that if there is going to be a strike, it's bound to be over money, and we'll all be paying anyway. Maybe the free entertainment would be watching the SAG people march in circles on the news shows! Yeah, it's easy to think of TV as free, until we have to pay that ridiculous bill every month!

I just had to make sure that I wasn't missing out on something that everybody knew about except for me!
    What really ticked me off this holiday weekend was trying to find a free download of the True Blood episodes. What is really nasty is if you google free tv downloads you find all these sites were the show are free as long as you pay a subscription fee for the software. Free is free in my book not free for a fee. Didn't we start a War of Independence over similiar issues???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Sometimes you can find episodes of shows online that users have recorded and uploaded to the internet. Usually the network catches them a week or so after posting and threatens them so they will take them down.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Oh my goodness, I can finally come into this thread. I found all the episodes online, started watching last weekend, and have just finished all 12 episodes. Talk about an addictive show! I loved it. Great characters. I will really miss Lafayette - he was awesome.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

What I like about what the producers are doing with the books is perphaps expanding the minor characters roles beyond the scope of the book but when it is time for the character to go, they go. There are so many tv series where initially a character is great for a story arc but they stay way beyond the time where they add anything to the storyline. The actor playing Lafayette was brilliant and I wish him much success in his career.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3245166;
    Oh my goodness, I can finally come into this thread. I found all the episodes online, started watching last weekend, and have just finished all 12 episodes. Talk about an addictive show! I loved it. Great characters. I will really miss Lafayette - he was awesome.

Can you tell us the site where you found the episodes, please! General post, PM....whichever!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3245568;
    Can you tell us the site where you found the episodes, please! General post, PM....whichever!

I'll send you a PM.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3242392;
    I like the sheriff vampire Erik and his lieutenant (can't remember her name, but she has almost as much style as Lafayette did! Liked the knit blue outfit she had on when they were dropping off the troubled teen vamp at Bill's.)
    Erik's sidekick is Pam (I really grew to love that character in the books and the actress playing her is great!)
    Erik and Pam are still two of my favorites in the series, and I think the casting for their characters is perfect!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Here is DVD news:
    Charlaine Harris wrote on her forum that the premiere for Season 2 is planned for May 2009. And that the DVD of Season 1 will be for sale around the time the second season begins.

Also, for those having read all 8 of the current books; Charlene has posted Chapter 1 of book 9 Dead and Gone on her website welcomes anyone interested.

Dead and Gone - Chapter 1
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Be Still My Fluttering Heart!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread