+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Yeah, Jason's no slouch in the abs dept.

The only thing I don't care for this season is they way Alcide and crew are being portrayed. Just....seems off to me. I do hope Jessica didn't kill those girls - what was Bill thinking leaving her to watch fairies, for crying out loud? And what does Sookie think she's doing? I'm still trying to get used to the idea of a vamp/fairy...the two don't really mix, but whatever.

And wasn't Jason part werepanther at some point, or am I bringing the books into it?
    beerbelly likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    And wasn't Jason part werepanther at some point, or am I bringing the books into it?
    He was held against his will by the werepanthers, and forced to try to breed. He wasn't turned into one on the show.
    waywyrd likes this.

Aw, I hate that they killed off three of Andy's fairy girls! Now Jessica is a trainwreck. Sigh.

Interesting little song they ended the show with.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

It seemed to me like a really cheap way to handle the characters of the 4 fairy girls. Like the writers realized that 4 babies was cute and fun, but 4 teenagers was way too much to write into the show, so they killed off 3 to make it easier.

Kiz

HBO's 'True Blood' going back to its roots

SAN DIEGO -- True Blood is going back to basics.

The supernatural HBO drama plans to ratchet back the number of stories and the range of otherworldly creatures to focus on its core strengths, executive producer Brian Buckner told a Comic-Con audience today.

"I feel like this show is ultimately about the relationship between vampires and humans and it's about this town. I want to bring it in a little bit. I feel like at times we've hurt ourselves," Buckner said to applause. "My goal is to get all these people living under the umbrella of one story and one threat ... and make it about this small town we've all come to know and love."

Fans should expect to see some of that change as the current Season 6 (Sunday, 9 p.m. ET/PT) moves toward its end.

"Its going to end awesomely," Buckner said. "I think you're going to feel that the show is going to return to its roots and it's going to feel like it's about a gang of people in Bon Temps. We're going to try to condense the number of stories we are telling and really make this feel like we're coming home."

HBO recently renewed True Blood for a seventh season to premiere in the summer of 2014, with Buckner returning to run the show.

Of course, even a sharpened focus will include all sorts of supernatural creatures, as vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters and faeries all were represented on the panel.

Anna Paquin, who stars as Sookie Stackhouse was there, as were Kristin Bauer van Straten (Pam Swynford de Beaufort), Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette Reynolds), Ryan
    Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse), Joe Manganiello (Alcide Herveaux), Sam Trammell (Sam Merlotte), Rutina Wesley (Tara Thornton), Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica Hamby) and newcomer Rob Kazinsky (Ben/Warlow).

The actors who play the two main vampires in Sookie's life, Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton) and Alexander Skarsgard (Eric Northman) were not there.

Paquin says a TV show allows a character to evolve over time and Sookie, who's even had her parents try to kill her, has developed more of a backbone.

"She's not being anyone's doormat. She's sick of taking whatever from whomever," she said. "She's more independent, strong and tough. I feel like she's actually finally learning from all the incredibly, odd, bizarre and unfortunate stuff that's happened to her."
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

HBO's 'True Blood' going back to its roots

SAN DIEGO -- True Blood is going back to basics.

The supernatural HBO drama plans to ratchet back the number of stories and the range of otherworldly creatures to focus on its core strengths, executive producer Brian Buckner told a Comic-Con audience today.

"I feel like this show is ultimately about the relationship between vampires and humans and it's about this town. I want to bring it in a little bit. I feel like at times we've hurt ourselves," Buckner said to applause. "My goal is to get all these people living under the umbrella of one story and one threat ... and make it about this small town we've all come to know and love."

Fans should expect to see some of that change as the current Season 6 (Sunday, 9 p.m. ET/PT) moves toward its end.

"Its going to end awesomely," Buckner said. "I think you're going to feel that the show is going to return to its roots and it's going to feel like it's about a gang of people in Bon Temps. We're going to try to condense the number of stories we are telling and really make this feel like we're coming home."

HBO recently renewed True Blood for a seventh season to premiere in the summer of 2014, with Buckner returning to run the show.

Of course, even a sharpened focus will include all sorts of supernatural creatures, as vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters and faeries all were represented on the panel.

Anna Paquin, who stars as Sookie Stackhouse was there, as were Kristin Bauer van Straten (Pam Swynford de Beaufort), Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette Reynolds), Ryan
    Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse), Joe Manganiello (Alcide Herveaux), Sam Trammell (Sam Merlotte), Rutina Wesley (Tara Thornton), Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica Hamby) and newcomer Rob Kazinsky (Ben/Warlow).

The actors who play the two main vampires in Sookie's life, Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton) and Alexander Skarsgard (Eric Northman) were not there.

Paquin says a TV show allows a character to evolve over time and Sookie, who's even had her parents try to kill her, has developed more of a backbone.

"She's not being anyone's doormat. She's sick of taking whatever from whomever," she said. "She's more independent, strong and tough. I feel like she's actually finally learning from all the incredibly, odd, bizarre and unfortunate stuff that's happened to her."
    When I saw this article all I could think of is "Yeah a voice of reason", might bring back some viewers.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I pretty much hate Alcide now. It doesn't even matter if he takes his shirt off.
    waywyrd and ClosetRTWatcher like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I pretty much hate Alcide now. It doesn't even matter if he takes his shirt off.
    I am pretty sure I could forgive him if he was shirtless hanging out poolside.

Sorry, I don't care if he takes his shirt off in every scene. They've turned him into a terrible person. He threatened to kill Sam and has basically told him he can never return to his life all because he honored Luna's wishes about her own child. This packmaster b.s. is a joke and SO far from what Charlaine Harris wrote. I'm over it. They can kill off all the weres tomorrow and I wouldn't care.

Anna Paquin's body is ridiculous. I can't believe she had twins NINE months ago....which means that what's on screen happened maybe 6 months (or less) after she had the babies.
    Last edited by Critical; 07-21-2013 at 11:31 PM.
    Jamie5632 and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

There are a lot of little things I like about this season. Andy's storyline with the girls is sweet, funny, and poignant. It's sad how Terry's story ended up, but the dynamic in the Bellefluer household seems genuine. Lafayette is used in the correct amount and is greatly entertaining. Jason attempting to outwit Sarah Newlin is kind of fun. I'm almost back liking Bill because his story is so absurd I just roll with it.

But the were story has got to go. It looks like it was wrapping up tonight so I hope Sam can go back to running the bar with that cast of characters. Alcide's turn to the dark side doesn't make sense and does nothing to drive the plot. Granted, I did laugh a bit at the naked chick eating fried chicken, but the pack business is way OTT. Someone here will remember...didn't Alcide have a hand in the death of Emma's father, who was pack?

The parts I could FF through are Sookie's bits. The fairy stuff seems so deus ex machina. But I totally agree with Critical; Anna Paquin's body is so amazing it took me out of the scene thinking "Dayum, girl, I need to know your personal trainer!".

+ Reply to Thread