+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I thought about that too. I think that being half-blood, it might be different than if they'd been full-blood. Sookie's, what?, a quarter fairy? She grew up "normally." It would be hilarious to see Andy dealing with 4 teenage daughters.

I thought Ultraviolet was good, but IIRC, SM didn't have a HUGE part, so it's hard to judge. I watched it for Jack Davenport and Idris Elba. I think SM as Bill is just SO campy. It's a total eye-roller. He's always been over-the-top in the role, partly because his accent is just SO bad. The last few seasons though, it's been even worse. Power-hungry Bill is cringe-worthy and funny and I don't think that's what they're going for.

Even polite Bill is bad and totally smarmy. I don't know what they were thinking when they cast him. He doesn't come close to BookBill's looks....didn't Sookie say he resembled a Greek god? Maybe they just thought he has chemistry with Anna IMO, she has better chemistry with Alex and with Joe Manganiello.....AND Sam Trammel!
    Well. Now she must have zero chemistry with Bill in the HBO story version. They've turned him into a hard boiled joke with a hardened blood shell. Sheesh. If this show doesn't run in the schedule right before The Newsroom, I will probably ignore it next season.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Even polite Bill is bad and totally smarmy. I don't know what they were thinking when they cast him. He doesn't come close to BookBill's looks....didn't Sookie say he resembled a Greek god? Maybe they just thought he has chemistry with Anna IMO, she has better chemistry with Alex and with Joe Manganiello.....AND Sam Trammel!
    Hell, a crash-test dummy would have chemistry with Joe Manganiello. I think even Lilith would be moved to take a shower if she had a shot with him.

Is it partly that Bill looks so diminished next to Eric, I wonder? He looks fine on his own but when they have scenes together, I can't help but think of Spike and Chester (those old Looney Tunes cartoons, remember?). I have to admit I have always loved his accent, though. Dunno how accurate it is to his character but it's kind of hot.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Hell, a crash-test dummy would have chemistry with Joe Manganiello. I think even Lilith would be moved to take a shower if she had a shot with him.

Is it partly that Bill looks so diminished next to Eric, I wonder? He looks fine on his own but when they have scenes together, I can't help but think of Spike and Chester (those old Looney Tunes cartoons, remember?). I have to admit I have always loved his accent, though. Dunno how accurate it is to his character but it's kind of hot.
    Totally true. I say something similar about John Barrowman: He'd have sexual chemistry with a mailbox

Remember that scene last season when Pam, Eric, Jessica and Bill all got on the SWAT gear and headed off to the Moon Goddess Emporium to do battle with Marnie and save Sookie? As soon as they all appeared on the screen, I started singing, "One of these things is not like the other...." Three of them looked gorgeous and tall and young and SM looked short and, well, old, at least in comparison.

SM has aged quite a bit since the first season. He's just enough older than Alex that it's really noticeable. I think the pale makeup they use on him really accentuates his wrinkles and makes him look older. When I see him in interviews as himself, I actually think he looks pretty good. SM is MUCH sexier than Bill - no white makeup and no crappy Southern accent. I guess for me, a British accent is always better!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Click to see Spoiler:
    ‘True Blood’ Season 6 Cast — Rob Kazinsky as Sookie’s New Love - TVLine
    Ben!? I want to see QUINN!! Why are they pulling a new love interest out of thin air when there is a perfectly good one in the source material!?

I know they have gone far astray from the books already, but I cannot help but think they would benefit from veering back in the direction of the books. They keep going further into the whole "fairy world" realm and so far there is little, if anything, that I like about fairy world in the show.
    Last edited by Critical; 11-14-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Alan Ball sure knows how to ruin a show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Alan Ball sure knows how to ruin a show.
    You are so right. Enough with the damn faerie world and get back to vamps and weres. Sheesh.

Not happy about that spoiler!
    short_lived likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Don't forget the new season starts tonight! Not looking forward to Bill Gone Wild but I do miss me some Eric and Alcide.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

It's baaaaaack!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

This used to be my "too see" show for the summer but after last season I just don't care. Bye Bye.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I just watched last season on DVD. What the heck was all that hot mess? It was like the entire season was one giant hot mess. I'm hoping for some spoilers to see if this current season is going to be worth anything in the end.

+ Reply to Thread