+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Wow, they definitely saved the best for last. It was action-packed and they actually moved things along. If the rest of the season had been like this, I would've said it was one of the greatest but I'll just be happy I wasn't disappointed...

And, like last season, I was actually HAPPY when I thought one of the characters was going to kick it. I was cheering, thinking Bill was a goner (just like I did with Tara) but now he gets to come back as this crazy demon/vampire? Ugh. But maybe it'll make him a little bit more interesting...and maybe it'll throw Sookie & Eric back together. At least my fingers are crossed it'll be so.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Wow, they definitely saved the best for last. It was action-packed and they actually moved things along. If the rest of the season had been like this, I would've said it was one of the greatest but I'll just be happy I wasn't disappointed...

And, like last season, I was actually HAPPY when I thought one of the characters was going to kick it. I was cheering, thinking Bill was a goner (just like I did with Tara) but now he gets to come back as this crazy demon/vampire? Ugh. But maybe it'll make him a little bit more interesting...and maybe it'll throw Sookie & Eric back together. At least my fingers are crossed it'll be so.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............... .....Tara and Bill both a puddle of goo. What a pleasant thought. You say the nicest things, cantstopsatchin.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............... .....Tara and Bill both a puddle of goo. What a pleasant thought. You say the nicest things, cantstopsatchin.
    LOL! I wrote this before I read the other posts, so it's funny to see we all feel the same about "Billith" (love that!) But I guess I diverged a bit in that I actually really liked the episode. I guess anything where the story moves along will be good with me. My fingers are definitely crossed for next season. I can't have another "one episode wonder" per season.

ETA - I haven't seen this posted but I saw this article with a link to a bonus scene that was cut from the finale. It's of the elevator crew if anyone's interested -

'True Blood' takes another bite with post-finale bonus scene - The Clicker
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Not sure if that other site shows it or not, cantstop, but if you watch the bonus scene on HBO's site, you can get the alternative scene showing what Jason was thinking and hearing/seeing during the bonus scene So, it's like a bonus scene of the bonus scene!

That scene made me wonder if they're going to pick up next season right where this season left off. I think they have to, what with Eric and Sookie running and the bonus scene. I don't think it makes sense to pick up the action a month later or something. Really though, I'd stopped trying to apply logic to the show runners because there isn't any logic.
    I'm here likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I can't wait to see what happens with Bellfore's 4 girls. I smell a spinoff! LOL.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I can't wait to see what happens with Bellfore's 4 girls. I smell a spinoff! LOL.
    That took me a second. It's Bellefleur.

Please, GOD, no spinoffs! Hopefully, this means we'll see more of Katherine Helmond as Caroline Bellefluer. I love her. Andy's going to need some help raising those girls, since Holly might not be on board for raising the babies her bf had with someone else. I think Portia ran screaming from town after her little interlude with Bill, so she may not be around to play auntie. Plus, I don't know if Courtney Ford is even available....and I think she just had a baby herself.

Anyway, Terry as a dad could be fun. I'll echo Jane Boathouse's question: When did Andy Bellefleur get hot!? (<-----edited to make it PG-13 )

If Jason spends half of next season seeing and listening to his vamp-hating redneck "parents," I'll be really annoyed.

The show got fairly bad reviews - from critics and viewers - overall, so I really hope TPTB listened. Not that they ever have before, but I can keep hoping.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was watching Access Hollywood today and they said that the finale had 5 million viewers and that the show is hot, hot, hot. Man, they lie so well. It should be the sucks, sucks, sucks.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

If the season finale had 5 million viewers, then it was about 50% "rubberneckers" to see how this catastrophe of a season would end.

That clip of the elevator ride and Jason's "thoughts"...well, I just don't like how the Stackhouse parents are being used. It is not (oh how I hate to use this word) organic to the series. Well, it just doesn't fit. Gran was so accepting of Bill, but that was back when Ball stuck to some of Harris' story and I didn't all-out dislike Bill. Crit has it right. Moyer is an over-actor. I've got to pull out my dusty DVDs of Ultraviolet to see if he was this bad back in the 90s. (As I remember it, and it's been years, it was a pretty good vampire BBC show but I have no particular recall of Moyer.)

Weird thought...how do fairie babies develop? If they were birthed inside of 2 weeks, could Andy be dealing with teen-agers inside of a week?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    If the season finale had 5 million viewers, then it was about 50% "rubberneckers" to see how this catastrophe of a season would end.

That clip of the elevator ride and Jason's "thoughts"...well, I just don't like how the Stackhouse parents are being used. It is not (oh how I hate to use this word) organic to the series. Well, it just doesn't fit. Gran was so accepting of Bill, but that was back when Ball stuck to some of Harris' story and I didn't all-out dislike Bill. Crit has it right. Moyer is an over-actor. I've got to pull out my dusty DVDs of Ultraviolet to see if he was this bad back in the 90s. (As I remember it, and it's been years, it was a pretty good vampire BBC show but I have no particular recall of Moyer.)

Weird thought...how do fairie babies develop? If they were birthed inside of 2 weeks, could Andy be dealing with teen-agers inside of a week?
    I thought about that too. I think that being half-blood, it might be different than if they'd been full-blood. Sookie's, what?, a quarter fairy? She grew up "normally." It would be hilarious to see Andy dealing with 4 teenage daughters.

I thought Ultraviolet was good, but IIRC, SM didn't have a HUGE part, so it's hard to judge. I watched it for Jack Davenport and Idris Elba. I think SM as Bill is just SO campy. It's a total eye-roller. He's always been over-the-top in the role, partly because his accent is just SO bad. The last few seasons though, it's been even worse. Power-hungry Bill is cringe-worthy and funny and I don't think that's what they're going for.

Even polite Bill is bad and totally smarmy. I don't know what they were thinking when they cast him. He doesn't come close to BookBill's looks....didn't Sookie say he resembled a Greek god? Maybe they just thought he has chemistry with Anna IMO, she has better chemistry with Alex and with Joe Manganiello.....AND Sam Trammel!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    IMO, she has better chemistry with Alex and with Joe Manganiello.....AND Sam Trammel!
    I totally agree and would add Ryan Kwanten w/o the sexual tension. Sookie & Jason together really click and work well this season. Jason might be now plagued with the "visions" of their parents, but other than that late season development, I really like the two of them together.
    Critical likes this.

+ Reply to Thread