+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Kiz

Re: True Blood (HBO)

There are a few interesting behind the scenes tidbits in the interview from Vulture.

Denis O

Those who've not yet seen the season finale of True Blood should turn back now, for there be spoilers ahead: Several of the show's vampires have met their true death, and one vampire might have become something else altogether. For now, let's focus on the demise of the 3,000-year-old vamp Russell Edgington, who may have provoked an all-out war by feeding on a bunch of frat boys (the massacre was caught on video), then met his own end when he drank from a fairy and opened himself up to a sneak attack by Eric. Denis O'Hare, who's played the deliciously evil Russell, chatted with Vulture about bringing his story line to a close, making out with Steve Newlin, and why it's probably best he's gone...
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

We have dubbed the new Bill, "Billith"!

I'm glad I was skeptical when Bill exploded. If I had really believed they had killed him off I would have been soooo disappointed when he reappeared. I don't know if I'm going to watch next season or not. I may wait to see what all of you have to say here before I give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post

I'm glad I was skeptical when Bill exploded. If I had really believed they had killed him off I would have been soooo disappointed when he reappeared. I don't know if I'm going to watch next season or not. I may wait to see what all of you have to say here before I give it a chance.
    I love it!

I figured he would be the first vamp who wouldn't be dead, because that's just my luck. Plus, you know, Lilith's blood and all. I did enjoy those few seconds with him as a puddle of blood though! There's no way they would kill him off, even though Bill is deadly dull and SM is the worst actor on the show.

I'll probably watch next season because I'm a foolish optimist. I always think it's going to get better. So far it hasn't, but I keep hoping. It's been several seasons (honestly,it was probably season 2) since I've been really excited by an episode of this show, but I still keep watching because of those little moments with certain characters and the hope that the show runners will finally get it together. Without Alan Ball next season - or least with his reduced role - I have more hope.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I have such fond memories of Bill as a puddle of blood, sigh.....
    waywyrd, PhoneGrrrl, Hyper and 2 others like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Billith. Oh, why couldn't they have left him as a puddle of goop? He's gone so far out of character that I just don't care what happens to him. I hope he's not the Big Bad next season, Crit. I don't think he can pull it off.

And why did it take this long for some good stuff with Eric? What a waste. Loved Sam and Luna, Alcide's badass self, even the fairy baby birthing (Lafayette cracked me up) - but mom and dad Stackhouse as bigoted trash? Come on, now. I hope that little sidestory dies a quick death.

Go away, Alan Ball. I still have hope for next season.
    I'm here likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

at Billith. I don't where they can take that - Lilith just seemed to hang out at the Authority. Will Billith travel more? He kinds stands out a lot, all drenched in blood. Not very mainstream.

I think I preferred the book version of the packmaster mortal fight - the part where they fought without clothes. It would have totally worked in the show. Would have worked fine alongside the glowing eyes & the growling. Just saying. And Martha has grown on me, plus it looks like Robert Patrick might be around next season. More weres, please.

The Merlotte bunch watching the fairy birth was kinda funny, but otherwise the finale fell a little flat. Russell's death played out like the writers wanted to get it over with. (Are we positive Eric staked him? He did have a stake but the husband & I watched it twice and we didn't actually see the stake go in - we were sure it was the fairy "lights" that did him in).

I'll watch next year but right now I'm, well, dissatisfied.
    I'm here likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    at Billith. I don't where they can take that - Lilith just seemed to hang out at the Authority. Will Billith travel more? He kinds stands out a lot, all drenched in blood. Not very mainstream.

I think I preferred the book version of the packmaster mortal fight - the part where they fought without clothes. It would have totally worked in the show. Would have worked fine alongside the glowing eyes & the growling.
    Just saying. And Martha has grown on me, plus it looks like Robert Patrick might be around next season. More weres, please.

The Merlotte bunch watching the fairy birth was kinda funny, but otherwise the finale fell a little flat. Russell's death played out like the writers wanted to get it over with. (Are we positive Eric staked him? He did have a stake but the husband & I watched it twice and we didn't actually see the stake go in - we were sure it was the fairy "lights" that did him in).

I'll watch next year but right now I'm, well, dissatisfied.
    Plus, you know, naked Alcide. Never a bad thing!

I think as Eric staked him, the fairy light started leaking out of his face. At least that's how I saw it

The thing about this show is that they can produce such great moments, but they can't seem to string them together to make a great show or even a great episode any more. It's so frustrating. I'm dissatisfied too...and maybe foolish too, since I keep hoping it will get better!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post

I actually cheered a bit when Bill turned into the puddle... even though I knew it wasn't the end of Bill. But... at least I had that moment.

Just what will Bill accomplish now? Lillith didnt seem to have much going for her. Did she entice everyone to drink the blood so she could retire? Now Bill is stuck with wandering around bloody and naked! I couldnt believe his speech to Eric and Sookie.
    Too many stories going on this season and nothing is settled on any of them.

Thing is the way this season proceeded and ended, I really don't care about any of the characters or to what happens to them. Watching True Blood on Sundays during the summer was an event but now its just easier to watch something else like TNT's Falling Skies and The Great Escape. I honestly can say I am not even remotely interested in the next season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread