+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Complete waste of time.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Some good parts: Faeires having orgasms while giving birth. Andy a daddy of 4 baby girls. Russell getting light bite'd to death. Jason seeing dead people and playing Rambo. Tara and Pam kissing.

Best scene, Sam killing a vampire from the inside out.

Better scene, Bill exploding after drinking Lilith's blood.

Worse scene ever, Bill coming back from the dead after exploding.

But overall total waste of a season.
    2boysmom likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well, I didn't love it, but the finale was actually better than I expected. Not happy about Jason's hallucinations of his parents. Are we really supposed to think that horrible man came from Gran? I don't think so. I hope that little plot device winds itself up quickly next season. I don't want to start hating Jason and, if he turns into a bigot, I will. Poor Jessica. The look on her face when Jason shot her down =

LOVED that Eric swooped in and saved the day (and Sookie) by killing Russell. It had to happen. Villains are great and all, but Russell could not have lived over more seasons. He was just too out-of-control. He would have killed everything in sight.

So ALL of the Vampire Authority is dead, thank God...or should we thank Lilith? I knew they wouldn't kill off Bill, but I did enjoy him as a puddle of blood for a few seconds. The only good thing about this storyline is that Eric was cast as the hero and protector of Sookie. That little "Hello" to Pam just made my heart swell

As for Pam and Tara's "reunion," I think that was inevitable. The show runners aren't capable of creating relationships between characters that don't turn sexual at some point, even if that's not the most interesting way to go. I did like Sookie's "OH, okay" and Jessica's "I KNEW IT!"

Is it weird that I got a little turned on by a V-powered Alcide whooping the tar and then killing J.D. Something about the growling..... although, of course, it would have been better if he'd been shirtless.

So now Andy has FOUR daughters to raise on his own? Is there ANY way Holly will stick around for that action. I did enjoy Lafayette and Arlene as spectators (along with Jane Boathouse, who we haven't seen nearly enough lately!) to the birth, although Maurella got a bit annoying by the end of it.

The skinwalking stuff really brings out the best in actors. First it was Mrs. Fortenberry and now Steve Newlin. The scenes with Luna's Newlin were hilarious.

So, will Bill be the Big Bad next season? I really don't want to be subjected to more of Stephen Moyer's bad over-acting. The only good thing would be if it pushes Sookie and Eric together again.

Overall, the season sucked, but they did manage to wrap up some of the stuff I hated and there's potential for something better next season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Russell getting light bite'd to death.
    Eric staked him. It wasn't the fairies. Maybe they weakened him, but Eric dealt the death blow.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Eric staked him. It wasn't the fairies. Maybe they weakened him, but Eric dealt the death blow.
    OK, from where I was lying down on the couch I didn't see the stake but when Russell sorta lite up from inside I assumed it was the faeries not Eric who killed him. I will have to watch again.

I think HitFix got it right:
    Writing on a weekly basis about "True Blood" this season has been an exercise in finding new ways to complain about the same problems. We all knew the Ifrit story was junk from the beginning (long before we knew it was even about an Ifrit), we wanted Pam and Tara's newfound relationship to be explored in more than one or two scenes per episode segregated from the rest of the action, and we quickly caught on that the Vampire Authority wasn't going to be a road worth taking, let alone worth hanging an entire season on. If you watch "True Blood" because you're hooked on Sookie's love life, you enjoy the characters bouncing off each other in fun and unpredictable ways, you love guest villains chewing the scenery, or you simply dig an unapologetic embrace of the "It's Not TV, It's HBO" philosophy toward sex scenes ... this was not a season of "True Blood" for you........

But "True Blood" is barely a show about relationships anymore. It's about Big Crazy Things Happening, sometimes stretched out over far too many episodes (like the Ifrit or Sookie's ongoing visits to Fairy Land), sometimes happening far too quickly to make any sense (Roman's dead! Tara's in love with Pam!). These Crazy Things are supposed to impact the relationships -- shake them up, threaten them, strengthen them -- but with the focus spread so thin over so many storylines and characters, that impact keeps getting smaller and smaller. And when you spend an entire season sending Bill on a downward spiral that makes no sense given everything we know about the character, and you don't even let Sookie in on what's happening until the season finale, how are we supposed to share in her emotional devastation?
    True Blood season finale recap: Save Yourself

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

The birth/Boathouse/Andy/Merlotte's crew was fun enough. There was a moment of relief when Bill was dead, but that was short lived. Some things made me like the finale (actual use of shape shifters) but the season has been so epically underwhelming. I'm not chucking HBO--Boardwalk is up soon, after all--but I need a long break before next season. And maybe some assurances it isn't going to suck.

I'm just going to put this here and admit I'm a huge TV nerd, as though that weren't obvious before. It continues to amuse me that Laura Bowles a/k/a Holly is a waitress on TB when she spent so many years as a random waitress on Seinfeld, which I watch daily in reruns with dinner.

The thing that frustrates me about this show is that all the components are there to make a great show - great cast (aside from Stephen Moyer, who I think is a horrible over-actor), fun premise and writers who are capable of such good stuff, as we saw in the first few seasons. I think the problem is Alan Ball. Maybe his lessened role next season will help things, although I fear it's become such a convoluted mess that no one can save it.

I don't keep watching for the overall storyline. I watch for those little moments that still make me laugh or that surprise me or for the characters that I still love like Eric, Pam and Jason, among others.

I'm to the point where I've given up the hope that the show will ever go back to anything in the books - aside from Quinn, who I still hope for, probably foolishly - but I think there's still so much potential for good storylines. If only they would stop trying to do SO MUCH. This season would have been a muddled mess with 22 episodes, much less 12.
    PhoneGrrrl likes this.

I have such mixed feelings about this season. I am a HUGE fan! But I must say... during each episode I had likes and dislikes. Certain parts I would love and others would hate. I absolutely HATED Bill's part this season. His over-the-top-over-acting drove me nuts to the point of when he was a puddle of blood I was cheering. (which took me by surprise... as I've always liked his character)(or maybe I just liked the vampire with a "soul")?????

So... Bill did as Lillith asked "drink all of me"... now what? I suppose we have to wait and see....

Favorite part of the episode was Lafayette when the fairy was giving birth.... comments were hysterical! *cheering* *toasting* *doing shots*

Love the reactions between Eric and Pam... short, sweet and sexy! Man... eric doesn't have to say much... yet says SOOO much! Mmmmhmmm!

Would love to see Eric and Sookie re-connect.

Normally, I love Jason's part... but I didn't like the hallucinations at all. And when does a human become stronger and/or faster than a vampire. He was able to kill how many vampires?

I cracked up when Sam turned into a fly and Bill was trying to catch him..... (what can I say... silly things entertain me)...

When Tara kissed Pam and Jessica blurted out "I knew it!" was sooooo funny!

I am NOT sure how I am feeling about this evil Bill part now.... but I am happy now that Luna was on TV when she shifted... so now people know "shifters" exist. Should be interesting to watch that play out now.

Funny how now Alcide is the Packmaster, took long enough. Hated, simply hated the though of JD forcing V on the weres and then abusing the younger female members. What is it lately everyone writing that wolves do this and that here in True Blood in the The Grey and now The Bourne Legacy doing things that are against the natural behavior of wolves.

I think Alan Ball is a total coward for creating a show that was so delightful and making it a big bloody mess and now he is leaving. But I am glad he is leaving. But can they save this show?

+ Reply to Thread