+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I really enjoyed seeing Erica Gimpel in this last episode, and liked the parts with Pam and Tara and Jessica. Arlene was a hoot. I'm totally over Russell though, I would have preferred to see the Faery Elder take him down than the other way around. Bill is completely off his rocker, any way we can trade him in and get Roman back?

Also, Alcide and Sam shirtless? YUM!

That was the best part of it for me too (being a huge Fame fan). I love any part with Pam but after watching the last episode I felt sad and not 'omg can't wait to see what happens!'
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    That was the best part of it for me too (being a huge Fame fan). I love any part with Pam but after watching the last episode I felt sad and not 'omg can't wait to see what happens!'
    Well, practically everyone is at the Authority now, perhaps we can get some best bits!

Bummed we only got Erica Gimpel for one episode. She was funny: Boys II Men, for or against?

I watched this last episode a second time and I have to grudgingly admit that I'm almost liking Tara now. I haated the whining, overly sweary, victimy Tara who lashed out at everyone, but kept messing up her life at every turn. I like her being put in her place by Pam, but I also like that that relationship is giving her some real confidence. Based on how Tara's mother behaved when Tara was a kid (much less when she was an adult), it doesn't seem like she had many people who stuck by her. Even Sookie's not there for her now. Pam protecting her and taking the fall for killing the sheriff is probably the most anyone has ever done for her. She may finally be understanding what that relationship actually means in the vampire world.

Maybe I've started to like Tara a little because she's in scenes with Pam, who's pretty much my favorite character.

As for the season finale, I'll be surprised if any main characters are killed. I doubt Russell is going anywhere, although he's the closest to a main character that might be offed. I think characters will die, but probably ones that are new this season, like the vamps of the Authority (or whatever they're calling themselves now) and some weres...and likely some more fairies.

I don't know how they're going to make this all come together, but I keep hoping it won't be a complete fiasco....unlike pretty much the entire season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I watched this last episode a second time and I have to grudgingly admit that I'm almost liking Tara now. I haated the whining, overly sweary, victimy Tara who lashed out at everyone, but kept messing up her life at every turn.....Maybe I've started to like Tara a little because she's in scenes with Pam, who's pretty much my favorite character.
    I agree. I'm the one who cheered when she got shot then ended up actually liking vamp Tara. I knew at first it was because I got to see Pam and they gave her great lines as "Mama Vamp", but as it has progressed I really like Tara in the relationship too, which I NEVER saw coming!
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Pretty sure I won't be craving more. I'll just be happy it's over.
    Awww... thats too bad. While this season wasn't the best... I am still quite thirsty for more!!!

The last few epis have been total crap. There better be a helluva bloodbath at the Authority on Sunday to make up for it.

Other than that, I hope there's more wood that needs chopping.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    The last few epis have been total crap. There better be a helluva bloodbath at the Authority on Sunday to make up for it.

Other than that, I hope there's more wood that needs chopping.
    AMEN! At least 30 minutes of that and the finale would only half suck!
    short_lived likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

The preview for the season finale just ran for the umpteenth time and when the part with Bill rambling on about his power came on, I thought back to that scene in Game of Thrones where Theon is yammering on in a pathetic attempt to rally the troops and someone just bonks him over the head and knocks him out. Why can't we have that on TB? Imagine Bill blathering about Lilith and his power ad nauseum and someone - I'd prefer Pam, but I'd settle for Eric, Sookie or pretty much anyone - just snapping and staking him. Pam would have a great line too.
    Jamie5632 and cantstopwatchin like this.

OK finally have seen the episode and you can see that they are wrapping it up for a bloody finale with many story lines being resolved. That being said, why oh why did it really have to take all season to get to this point? I have to honestly say while there have been brilliant bits here and there the total of all these bits would probably fill one hour the rest has been one bloody mess.

Can anyone explain to me how a centuries old magical being is so stupid that a vampire can kill her? I hate how Alan Ball treats all the other supes as if they are idiots or retarded. It is demeaning and racist.

Oh, Erica Gimpel looks great for 48.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread