+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

OMG, Coco from Fame is the oldest fairy in this dimension?

ETA: Alcide, shirtless and chopping wood Have they been eavesdropping on my fantasies?

ETA2: "'Cause you never know when some Iraqi ghost woman is going to come along and try to kill your whole family." I love Arlene.
    Last edited by Critical; 08-19-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

The previews for next week show Jason looking like Rambo. I hope it's a funny as it could be, he's had some good lines this season.

Yes I mean season 2 critical, season 2 had a lot of good things, but one big bad thing....Maryanne

I don't get how you take a character that was in like 3 pages of a book, and turn it into an entire season storyarc
    Kiz likes this.

I cannot believe there's only one episode left. WTH? Nothing has happened this season in ELEVEN episodes and they're going to try to make sense of it in ONE? I'll be glad when this is over. Then I can start hoping that next season, things will get better.....again.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

There were some great bits--and by bits, I mean tiny bits--tonight. I still like Jessica, Pam and Tara this year. Arlene's tiny scene was great, as was Andy and Arlene's kids. I can sorta get over my Luna hate, just to see Sam shirtless and Alcide (Joe Manganiello must have a shirtless pro forma contract in his hands; he was shirtless in at least one episode of How I Met Your Mother, not that I object).

But the plotting has gone out the window. S4 might have been way too wacky with all the witch nonsense, but it moved, even at glacier speed, 100% faster than the vamp story line this season. I had high hopes for Russell being entertaining but I've given up. I too can't wait for this season to end and cross fingers for a better show-runner next season. I don't care about staying true to the books--that flew out the window a couple of seasons back--all I want is the plot moving forward in less than 10 episodes out of 12.

Nonetheless, there's a reason Harris took Bill out of the main story by Book 3; he needs to go. Plus he's too short for Deborah in her flip-flops.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Please, put a stake in them all! No, not really but I'm getting there. It seems like everybody is in dire straits; the Faeries are screwed, the weres are screwed, and even the "good" vampires are screwed, which means there's going to be lots of blood splashing next week.

I want them all to take their in-poor-taste Obama masks and end the season already. I need to be put out of my misery - I've been waiting and hoping this season would pick up and would give me something but even the funny moments are way too short and pass quickly. I've been left wanting and all I want right now is for them to regroup and cull the dead weight off the cast and bring me a better season next year.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Without a doubt... my favorite addiction of the summer! Only one episode left... already feeling the withdrawl.
    Kiz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I cannot believe there's only one episode left. WTH? Nothing has happened this season in ELEVEN episodes and they're going to try to make sense of it in ONE? I'll be glad when this is over. Then I can start hoping that next season, things will get better.....again.
    I completely agree with you. I was just saying that after last night's episode. They sure were building up to something this season... though never got there. But, I guess that was the point... to cram it all in... in the last episode and leaving us craving more for next season.

I'm so glad the pain of this season will be over next week...
    cantstopwatchin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I completely agree with you. I was just saying that after last night's episode. They sure were building up to something this season... though never got there. But, I guess that was the point... to cram it all in... in the last episode and leaving us craving more for next season.
    Pretty sure I won't be craving more. I'll just be happy it's over.

+ Reply to Thread