+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf View Post
    I'm starting to wish this was all about Pam and Tara, with Jason and Lafayette for the funny bits. I do like Sam and Jessica as well, and Alcide can do anything he wants as long as it's shirtless, and Ill watch. The rest is either too out there or too boring.
    Hell I don't even care if he is shirtless.. sigh. It does make it all that much better tho
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I just finished watching the episode and must admit with other posters that except for the vampire plots it wasn't that bad. It was nice to see some closure to the Hoyt, Jessica and Jason triangle. In fact I totally liked all of Jessica's scenes in this episode. She was fantastic glamouring Hoyt. Her scene with Sam and the hicks at the bar was good and of course her scenes with Bill. You could see the worry in her eyes when she listened to Bill espouse Lilith. You could tell she thought Bill was channeling her daddy. I am thinking as a former bible study student she might find something in the Vampire Bible that will resolve the mess this series has gotten itself into. I am also glad Hoyt is gone and getting on with his life. Loved the Holly, Andy and Lafayette bits that was nice as was Andy's piece with Sookie. The opening scene was adorable. Death by Chopsticks anyone. As was the clean up afterward. I hate that they have Luna acting so out of control and crazy as that is a total 180 from the original character. Did like how she and Sam slipped into the Vampire hideout. Jason and Sookie were also good together. There were so many good bits that you realize how great this show can be that it is so sad to see the mess it is now. Oh, it was a total cop out to have Steve Newlin win that debate. Professional talking heads never stop talking and never admit defeat.That was lazy writing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Well, this season I'm liking Jason, Pam, Tara, Steve, and Emma. That's about it. I thought perhaps the show was moving slowly for me because I watched the prior seasons in one month. But no, it's going nowhere in a hurry for everyone!

I must note that Ryan Kwanten is an amazing actor. He pays attention to the smallest details of his character. Really great work from him!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think we should all give a round of applause to the actress who plays poor Ginger the waitress at Fangtasia (at least I think that is her name) whose lines consist of screams and being glamored by vamps after being drenched in blood.
    I love Ginger! That actress is SO good in those little scenes. One of my favorite moments from last season was during the day when the witches were causing all the vamps to meet the sun and there's Ginger atop Pam's coffin, riding it like a mechanical bull and screaming her guts out. SO funny.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

So I finally got caught up on all 10 episodes this weekend by going to my mom's house since she has HBO

This season is just okay, better than season 2, but I actually thought season 4 was way better, this Lilth thing is getting real old real fast, it better be done and over at the end of the season.

Not liking Tara as a vampire though I like her relationship with Pam, Hoyt joining a hate group? really? I think it is good he is leaving, is his character done for good?

It is interesting to see Sookie not with Bill/Eric this season, I like the separation but it still seems weird.

I actually really liked the Fae storyline in the books, in the series, not so much, poor casting of Claude! Don't even get me started with what they did with Claudine, I guess Claudette will be taking over that role instead :S

Is season 6 going to be the last season? It needs to be....

I am just hoping the previews are true and Sookie gets a shotgun and just wooden bullets all the vamps if the showrunners get hit, oh well.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by snickers View Post
    So I finally got caught up on all 10 episodes this weekend by going to my mom's house since she has HBO

This season is just okay, better than season 2, but I actually thought season 4 was way better, this Lilth thing is getting real old real fast, it better be done and over at the end of the season.

Not liking Tara as a vampire though I like her relationship with Pam, Hoyt joining a hate group? really? I think it is good he is leaving, is his character done for good?

It is interesting to see Sookie not with Bill/Eric this season, I like the separation but it still seems weird.

I actually really liked the Fae storyline in the books, in the series, not so much, poor casting of Claude! Don't even get me started with what they did with Claudine, I guess Claudette will be taking over that role instead :S

Is season 6 going to be the last season? It needs to be....
    Are you sure you mean season 2? I ask because season 2 is largely thought (by most critics and fans) to be the best season of the series. It all went downhill from there. This season is in the dumper with last season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Are you sure you mean season 2? I ask because season 2 is largely thought (by most critics and fans) to be the best season of the series. It all went downhill from there. This season is in the dumper with last season.
    For me it all started heading down hill after season 1. Season 2 was my lets see where they take it season and it left me disappointed when I finally watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    For me it all started heading down hill after season 1. Season 2 was my lets see where they take it season and it left me disappointed when I finally watched it.
    For me, two of the best (if not THE best) episodes of the series were in season two: "Timebomb" and "I Will Rise Up." We saw the storyline at the Fellowship of the Sun come to a head, Godric met the sun, Jessica and Hoyt really got together, Sookie sucks Eric's blood after the explosion (thus starting all those dreams)..... Then there was Jason in the gas mask pretending to be The God Who Comes in "New World in My View." I hated Maryanne, but I loved that season. For me, it all went downhill after that. I'm a fan of the books and, although season 2 didn't follow book 2 faithfully, there was so much good stuff that I think made the story better. After that, AB started doing his own thing too much and, as we all know, his thing is too many characters, too much over-the-top crap for no reason and lots of disjointed storytelling.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.

The temple of the sun thing never did anything for me even in the book and even less on screen. And the Maryanne thing was the start of a long line of introductions of ancillary characters just kind of went on and on and on. I fast forwarded through most all of any plot that dealt with her. The best scene of the series I think was Godric meeting the sun but I didn't find that whole episode that great.

I like the more concentrated number of characters in season 1. I can accept the divergence from the books but holy moly the endless number of characters and story lines started getting out of control in season 2 for me and then obviously it only got worse and worse.

+ Reply to Thread