+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    They've lost me; I just can't keep my attention focused on the show when it's on. Can someone tell me why they get more episodes than Game of Thrones??
    You know Vamps will suck just about anything.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

This was soooo bad. Sookie's long departed relative promised her to some vamp? Where the heck did that come from!? Well, in reality probably the same place as the Authority and
    Eric's replacement... As the episode tonight was starting I was thinking "I can't wait for Dexter and Homeland to start".

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm a day late due to circumstances beyond my control, but I just finished watching and wasn't *too* disappointed. Take a big ole grain of salt with that statement, given how low I set the bar. I didn't think it was too bad, aside from the Authority part. Hoyt's gone, Jessica has her chops about her, thankfully growing from S2, Jason has some smarts, and even Sam and the idiot Luna devise a plan that isn't TOO stupid. There were no V weres and Andy had a sense of humor about him.

The fairies still bug, but at this point, I don't care what happens to Sookie, Bill, or Eric. And I've accepted that, through Lilith's blood, that the original characters don't matter. All hail Tara!

I think we should all give a round of applause to the actress who plays poor Ginger the waitress at Fangtasia (at least I think that is her name) whose lines consist of screams and being glamored by vamps after being drenched in blood.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Ahem...we need to keep Alcide too, please. Sam is cute and Eric is cool and Pam is the best, but no one does shirtless like Alcide.

I agree with Salome. Fairies are an abomination. I don't even know what direction I want the show to go but it's definitely not this way. At our house it's become the lead-in show for The Newsroom (which IMO is getting better & better by the week). Waiting for the new seasons of Dexter & Walking Dead now.
    Whoops, sorry. Yes, Alcide needs to stay too. Honestly, they don't even need to give him a storyline or even lines really. He can just wander around shirtless in the background of scenes and I'd be happy! Of all the delicious men on this show, he's the one I'd want to end up with!

cantstop - I keep imaging how much more GOT would do with 2 additional episodes! I know their budget is higher - larger cast and all those locations - but I still wish we could get two more episodes each season. With TB, it wouldn't matter how many episodes there were in a season. Nothing would happen anyway. I'm amazed at how much more happens on GOT than on TB, even with a larger cast. I guess that goes back to better source material and producers who are much more adept at adapting that source material.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Doesn't this seem like such a wasted season? I wonder if they will resolve it next season by having Sookie waking up in bed and realizing it all was a dream ala Dallas.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-14-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I finally saw the whole episode last night and I was able to take away some positives. Deborah Ann Woll and Ryan Kwanten have really grown into doing amazing acting, despite ridiculously stupid plot lines. It's about time that the shifters use the ability to shift into anything to be useful. I think the last time was at the end of S2. The writers need to keep Sookie in scenes only with Jason and other supporting characters, never with Eric or Bill; I actually don't hate her this season. Pam and Tara as a bad-ass team is a good move.

That being said, the whole show--a show based on the coming out of vampires--is weighted down by the vampire plot. The fairies are stupid and kind of a waste of time, but they don't drag the show to the point of the religious vampire BS. All this "blood of Lilith" seems kind of directionless, like the writers thought they had a "big idea" about religion but really didn't. It painfully reminds me of the last season of Dexter in that regard.

I thought that the Dexter writers did it better, though - I'm one of the few who loved last season's theme. This Lilith stuff is too campy - a blood-soaked supermodel, ugh. I thought Godric was going to kick her ass.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think we should all give a round of applause to the actress who plays poor Ginger the waitress at Fangtasia (at least I think that is her name) whose lines consist of screams and being glamored by vamps after being drenched in blood.
    When she started screaming, I actually busted out laughing b/c it reminded me so much of the beginning of season 1 when she was covered in gore and was....screaming! That and Sookie using the cheapo chopsticks to stake the coroner were the only parts of the episode I actually remember.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I'm starting to wish this was all about Pam and Tara, with Jason and Lafayette for the funny bits. I do like Sam and Jessica as well, and Alcide can do anything he wants as long as it's shirtless, and Ill watch. The rest is either too out there or too boring.

+ Reply to Thread