+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 214 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

So, the books are not situated in Louisiana, like the series? I'm not happy to know that, but it is a good warning. That is a bummer.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3243023;
    So, the books are not situated in Louisiana, like the series? I'm not happy to know that, but it is a good warning. That is a bummer.
    The books are situated in Louisiana they just happened to travel to Dallas in the second book, but they do come back to BonTemps, LA.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3242998;
    Will we have to wait until next September? as that would be a shame to wait that long.
    I sure hope not! September is way too long to wait.

I got my books this weekend, now I have something to tide me over a while til next season!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I left my book at work all holiday week long!! I am barely at the 2nd chapter of the first book and need to get a move on!! Sept is way too far away but something tells me they didn't think this would be as popular as it is so they didn't have any episodes filmed to bring the season back earlier.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Since everyone here is, has, or is going to read the books, I want to say that I was hoping to see the character of Bubba in the tv show.
    They probably couldn't get licensing for him, but it would have added a little humor and whimsy to the show.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

So, the season is really, really over? Sadness. Anyone know when the new season begins? I think we may cancel our HBO service until then.

Our Jason portrayed a marine on the new SVU episode tonight. What a cutie! And I really liked him as such a noble character!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3243788;
    So, the season is really, really over? Sadness. Anyone know when the new season begins? I think we may cancel our HBO service until then.
    I assumed that since the show started in September '08 that we would have to wait until September '09 to see the second season but at the very end of the finale there is a message that said the second season would begin in the Summer 2009. Thank goodness it will be a summer show.

Oh, supposedly this month SAG, the screen actors guild is having a vote weather to have a strike or not. Seriously, this is not a good time to strike asking for more money and depriving the viewing audience a source of free entertainment. The writers strike helped me reduce my TV viewing, is it possible that another strike will help break my tv addiction?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What does "a source of free entertainment" mean?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3244628;
    What does "a source of free entertainment" mean?
    It means tv shows, but now that I think about it since I have cable I quess its not free. I guess I was thinking about the good old days of antenna and the 3 networks plus PBS when advertising subsidized tv programming and it was free to the viewing audience, at least those with a TV set. I guess I just do tend to think of tv shows as "free" even if they really no longer are.

+ Reply to Thread