+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Can't wait for tonight's disaster. Crappy NBC highlights vs Crappy True Blood episode mmmmm....... So glad Falling Skies and The Great Escape are on tonight.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

They're airing last week's episode right now and I have to say that the cover of "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" (one of my very favorite songs) over the closing credits is the WORST cover of any song EVER. OMG. I didn't think anyone could ruin that song, but they did. Awful. I guess that's appropriate - the episode sucked too!

I think I'm just a stupid optimist. I keep hoping this show will get better. I keep asking "How could it get any worse?" but it just keeps getting worse! I don't know anyone who watches the show now who doesn't watch out of morbid curiosity. It's like watching a car wreck (or a train wreck!). It's horrifying, but you can't look away.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    They're airing last week's episode right now and I have to say that the cover of "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" (one of my very favorite songs) over the closing credits is the WORST cover of any song EVER. OMG. I didn't think anyone could ruin that song, but they did. Awful. I guess that's appropriate - the episode sucked too!

I think I'm just a stupid optimist. I keep hoping this show will get better. I keep asking "How could it get any worse?" but it just keeps getting worse! I don't know anyone who watches the show now who doesn't watch out of morbid curiosity. It's like watching a car wreck (or a train wreck!). It's horrifying, but you can't look away.
    I ask that myself every week and it's amazing how they do make it worse every week.

Oh, please let this be the last we see of Hoyt!

I loved that little moment when Jason lifted and looked under the skirt of Sookie's teddy bear. Too funny. I think Ryan Kwanten is so underrated as an actor.

I can't imagine why Russell Edgington finds Steve Newlin so enticing. There are plenty of sexy vamps in the world and Rev. Newlin is not one of them.

ETA: UGH. Bill is SO creepy. I've never liked him, but this new Lilith-loving Bill is even creepier. He makes my skin crawl.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Looks as if this is a short episode less than 50 minutes. I honestly don't know if I want to watch it. I saw the section where the new Sheriff basically told Pam and Tara they may need to become whores to raise money. I am sure that went over well with Pam considering her previous life. Then the command to create 30 more newbies.

Oh, Critical, I find Steve Newlin as attractive as dog vomit.

Oh good Tara did something right for a change.

Tara offing that new sheriff was one of the only things I liked about this episode. Poor Ginger. She's already been glamored to within an inch of her life. Will one more time ruin her?

If they pursue this Fairy Blood Farm b.s., I'm out. This season has got to end with Russell getting beheaded or staked or something....probably by Eric or Bill in order to save Sookie.

At this point, they can kill pretty much everyone on this show and it would be an improvement. I'd only want to save Eric, Sookie, PAM, Jessica, Jason and Sam and then they can keep Lafayette, Terry and Arlene for comic relief only.....Andy can stay too. I'm enjoying Tara more now that she's involved with Pam, although that could just be because most of her scenes involve Pam, who I love. Still, I wouldn't be too sad if she got staked.
    FireWoman likes this.

Ahem...we need to keep Alcide too, please. Sam is cute and Eric is cool and Pam is the best, but no one does shirtless like Alcide.

I agree with Salome. Fairies are an abomination. I don't even know what direction I want the show to go but it's definitely not this way. At our house it's become the lead-in show for The Newsroom (which IMO is getting better & better by the week). Waiting for the new seasons of Dexter & Walking Dead now.
    waywyrd likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Ahem...we need to keep Alcide too, please. Sam is cute and Eric is cool and Pam is the best, but no one does shirtless like Alcide.
    You are so right.

I've been trying to think of some comments about the show all day, but...meh. Way too much time spent on Hoyt. And I'm really, really not liking Bill anymore. Not that he was ever a favorite of mine. Plus they've ruined/wasted my Eric this season in favor of idiotic side stories.
    FireWoman likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

They've lost me; I just can't keep my attention focused on the show when it's on. Can someone tell me why they get more episodes than Game of Thrones??
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread