+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I agree that this season seems "off," but I'm still finding it more entertaining than last season which was frustratingly annoying to me. It isn't as if I have any storyline expectations since I haven't read the the books, but the show has been all downhill since season 2. Vampire Tara and Terry top the list of this season's disappointments to me.
    mindy384 likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

What is Alan Ball's issue with taking paranormals and making them all total complete a$$holes. He totally screwed the werepanthers of Hotshot and he is making the werewolf Pack of Shreveport a bunch of biker druggies who like to hunt and kill humans. Lets not even talk about the Authority thinking they can take over the world and making humans their blood slaves. Remember we (humans) breed like rabbits and have a vicious mob mentality especially when faced with extinction or with telling us how to run out lives. This used to be such a good show to watch and now it has sunk to such garbage levels that makes it painful to watch.

Yeah, like Mama Fortenberry isn't behind the Hate Group. Talk about dropping a hint.

Best scene ever Sam hugging and comforting Luna who had shifted to Sam and was stuck. That was great. The rest sucked.
    PhoneGrrrl likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Okay. What was up with the Freddy Krueger-looking creature (was that a vampire?) that Sookie had a vision of? Too much silliness...Maxine heading up a hate group, Hoyt still being a big twerp, Bill going against everything he stood for, the wolfpack being nothing but a big group of trash. Didn't they fight each OTHER in the book to become packmaster? Humans had nothing to do with it. What a stupid change from the books.

I won't even start with Lafayette's seance. I liked his attitude this episode, but that whole storyline needs to die.

I agree, Bearcata, the best part was Sam and Sam together. He did so well playing Luna as himself. Jason's lines in the beginning were funny, too - when he told Sookie to stop spraying magic all over the yard and it didn't hurt him because it only got him in the head. Ha.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

This show has gotten so nuts and out there, i can barely stand to watch. I hang on just in case the original spark comes back. The only scenes I actually like are the ones with Pam and Tara.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    This show has gotten so nuts and out there, i can barely stand to watch. I hang on just in case the original spark comes back. The only scenes I actually like are the ones with Pam and Tara.
    Yeah, I have to admit that was a nice little sweet scene, that and Sam and Sam and Jason and Sookie, but the rest of the show was such a complete waste of airtime. I can understand Alan Ball wanting to go his own way and he said it would happen around season 4 and then on but to totally trash the show and the rules and logic of the Sookie verse is just disrespectful to the fans and to the series. I hate to say it but I am totally feeling the show has jumped the shark. Can we get Spartacus and the gang to come on over from Showtime and just kill everyone and put the show out of its misery?
    short_lived likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Hey, Bearcata, get out of my brain! You say it better than I could anyway.

Sam Trammell needs to get off this show and show off his acting chops on a far more worthy series.

I'm flummoxed at the lack of media attention the Lilith blood bath in the Quarter apparently got in the True Blood universe. IRL, Cuba Gooding Jr. shoves around a bartender at 2 a.m. and it's all over the internet 12 hours later. Nan Flanagan could have shut that down, but she's no longer around. Which also makes me wonder why Bill isn't lauded more for offing Nan, since she was the voice of the main-streamers. Ugh, no show internal logic at all.
    waywyrd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Hey, Bearcata, get out of my brain! You say it better than I could anyway.

Sam Trammell needs to get off this show and show off his acting chops on a far more worthy series.

I'm flummoxed at the lack of media attention the Lilith blood bath in the Quarter apparently got in the True Blood universe. IRL, Cuba Gooding Jr. shoves around a bartender at 2 a.m. and it's all over the internet 12 hours later. Nan Flanagan could have shut that down, but she's no longer around. Which also makes me wonder why Bill isn't lauded more for offing Nan, since she was the voice of the main-streamers. Ugh, no show internal logic at all.
    That is it exactly. No matter how weird a show can be it does have its own internal logic and the viewing audience does pick up on it and it seems as if Alan Ball has just thrown out any internal logic that the show had. If he had stayed with in the bounds of that logic no matter how weird it got we probably would all be riveted and going wow what a great show but that's not what has happened.

August 5, 2012

At first I the episode didn't start out too badly and then I saw that it was going to be another throw away episode but then I realized wow they are going to end the Terry Bellfluer Ifrit story arc and they also ended the Hate Group story. Yes thank you. Still I thought that Terry wouldn't shoot Patrick and was surprised when he did. At least we found out how the hate group knew about shifters.

The Sookie and Lafayette scene wasn't too bad and after that the entire episode fell apart. The stupid sex scene with Salome, the eating of the poor naked human and what really pissed me off was the taking of Emma from her grandma. Alan Ball you are a pervert kidnapping a child, possible having poor Emma sexually and mentally abused and probably hooked on V. You are one fowl and loathsome human being and this show is becoming beyond disgusting.

I still haven't watched the whole episode, but I can't imagine I missed anything that would have made it better. God, what a jumbled mess! Bud Dearborn is a bad guy now? Not cool.

I hated Emma being kidnapped. I wonder if the former Reverend Newlin will develop a conscience, since he's in charge of her.

Since Alan Ball is going to have less of a role next season, I have hopes that it will be better. I can't imagine that it could be any worse.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well, it pretty much sucks now.

+ Reply to Thread