+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

FORT Fan

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    We're more than halfway through the season and I feel like almost nothing has happened.
    Amen! I was thinking the same thing last night. They have too many story lines going on, half of which I couldn't care less about. Not enough Sookie, Bill, Eric, Pam. Too much Terry, Arlene, Luna, crazy wolf people, etc.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I liked Sookie's aha moment - realizaing that she could possibly be a "normal" woman if she uses up her magic. Not dead... just normal - not having other people's thought as a noisy backdrop in her life.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Sorry, we were away and had to do a marathon and are finally caught up so I'm quoting old posts

Oh and now it's the vamps that killed Sookie and Jason's parents and not the fairies!? WTF!? What is the point of that change?
    I know, right? I've been able to separate the show and the book and be okay with the diff. storylines but this one shocked me - what's the point of changing it so drastically? And, really, what's the deal with having the faeries be a part of this world anyway? Their story's LAME!! At this point, why mention the parents' death at all. Disappointing and a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    While the "Must Be Thursday" is a great line does it actually refer to something, a song, a book?
    This used to be a saying (justification) we'd use in college to go out and drink. 'Course we used it Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays as well but it was mostly used for Thursdays.

RE: the last episode - I'd like to see Lafeyette, Terry, and the faeries all go into a barn and the shadow monster just rips them to shreds. That'd be one way to get rid of these silly stories. I used to love Lafayette but other than the first season, his story's really stunk and gotten worse each season. Terry's story is ridiculous, as is the faeries. Enough of the faerie stripper club - get their storyline over and done with already.

I'm glad that the Authority's story is finally moving along somewhat. Anyone want to guess what the heck was in Lillith's blood? Could it have been faerie blood? Maybe that'll tie in the faeries' storyline? (Okay, that's probably hoping too much.) I just wish they'd focus on one or two storylines; I feel like we're barely getting anywhere with anything!

Highlight of the show (other than Godric's 10 sec appearance!) is Russell is back! I love his humor - he rips off a head and says "Lillith forgive me." HA!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I know, right? I've been able to separate the show and the book and be okay with the diff. storylines but this one shocked me - what's the point of changing it so drastically? And, really, what's the deal with having the faeries be a part of this world anyway? Their story's LAME!! At this point, why mention the parents' death at all. Disappointing and a waste of time.
    I'm pretty sure they're leading up to the reveal that it was Russell who killed the Stackhouses. They're pretty much ruined the very complex fairy story from the books, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Niall is one of my favorite characters from the book, but I doubt will see him and, honestly, they'd probably ruin him anyway.

I still don't believe Roman is dead.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Everything I've read indicated that he was signed for 11 episodes.
    There was a lot of chaos at the moment Russell "killed" him with the lights going off and everyone running around. I won't be surprised if he turns up alive. If they did really kill him off then they totally wasted Christopher Meloni.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I'm pretty sure they're leading up to the reveal that it was Russell who killed the Stackhouses. They're pretty much ruined the very complex fairy story from the books, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Niall is one of my favorite characters from the book, but I doubt will see him and, honestly, they'd probably ruin him anyway.

I still don't believe Roman is dead.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Everything I've read indicated that he was signed for 11 episodes.
    There was a lot of chaos at the moment Russell "killed" him with the lights going off and everyone running around. I won't be surprised if he turns up alive. If they did really kill him off then they totally wasted Christopher Meloni.
    That would be an interesting twist and it'd get Sookie to team back up with Eric again. I'm hoping you're right and Roman's not dead; I liked his quiet but deadly power.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

"This must be Thursday," said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer. "I never could get the hang of Thursdays." -- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Just finished episode 7 "In the Beginning" and all I have to say is WTF. There are only 5 episodes left in this season and this season has gone absolutely no where. Yes, we finally met the Authority and the Guardian and he has been staked. 7 episodes for that. What a waste. While it was kinda nice to see Arlene watching her wedding videos, does this scene, Terry Bellefluer railing at the ifrit and trying to kill himself, Layfayette doing whatever, and Tara pole dancing actually add anything to the series storyline? No it does not. In fact if those scenes were edited out of the episode would anyone really have noticed or cared? Then there is the entire shapeshifter's getting killed story. Again how did the hate group know to go after shifters. Shifters and other supernaturals have not come out in this series and yet this hate group is going around killing folks. All I know if Sam, Luna and Grandma Wolfie ever find out who they are they will all be dead. Then there is the entire wearing Barrack Obama's masks while they do this. This is really a big finger being waved at the President of the US. What is surprising is all the who ha that folks created over the Game Of Thrones producers using fake heads of former President Bush as victims of beheading and yet no one has said anything about this. As for Sookie, what an idiot. What I like about Sookie's character in the first place is that she doesn't feel sorry for herself. She pulls herself up by her boots straps and goes on. Book Sookie is that spunky waitress who happens to read minds and survive terrible events with dignity. The True Blood Sookie is a wuss. Now lets look at the crappy writing. Since when dispursing your power changes your genetics. Sookie is part fae. It is part of her genetics. A part of who she is. Even if she is stupid enough to get rid of her powers, she will still remain part fae. Even if she "becomes" human by now she has a reputation for being weird, for being strange. She is a Fang Banger, she hangs out with weres. Does she really think becoming human will make her life easier, safer. I don't think so. I would not be surprised if the hate group comes after her and she is shot in the last episode. At this point in the show the hate group will be doing all of us a favor and shoot everyone and end the series.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I wonder how bad this week's episode will be considering it is up against the Olympics and the women 's gymnastics. Wonder if Alan Ball will have the vampires go berserk on a girls gymnastics's team?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Who is John Galt?

I agree that this season has gone a bit "off the rails" and doesn't make much sense. I have not read the books but I have a question for someone who has: If Jason and Sookie's parents were faeries, why is only Sookie imbued with faery powers? Is it just recessive in Jason and his children could inherit the powers, or is there some power that Jason has we haven't seen yet?

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    I agree that this season has gone a bit "off the rails" and doesn't make much sense. I have not read the books but I have a question for someone who has: If Jason and Sookie's parents were faeries, why is only Sookie imbued with faery powers? Is it just recessive in Jason and his children could inherit the powers, or is there some power that Jason has we haven't seen yet?
    Book Jason has fae blood as well, which apparently is the reason he's such a ladies' man. But Book Jason is also a turned werepanther and there's nothing about vamps being intoxicated by his blood.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread