+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Yeah, the vamps killing their parents thing still irritates me. It changes too much of the backstory.

Hoyt is just sad anymore, I hate watching him. I did get a laugh out of Eric's glamouring of Alcide, telling him to think Sookie was sorta gross. Oh, and shirtless Alcide was nice. That man is built like a Greek statue!
    FireWoman likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

That he is Way, and Askars and Joe are the only reasons I STILL watch. Snookie is so annoying, Tara has overstayed her welcome, and poor Terry. Sigh.

All that aside, I am happy to see Lucy Griffiths on here this season.. I loved her in Robin Hood. If only they could get Richard Armitage on in some way shape or form.. I'd be happy to watch weekly again!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I must say I enjoy the show better when I tape it and then can watch it leisurely instead of Sunday evening at a set time. Overall the story lines have improved and the entire episode hangs together very well. The quality of the episode would only improve by cutting out the Terry Bellefleur story arc completely. It does nothing for the show or the season. The same can be said for the Lafayette storyline and the Sookie's parents death storyline. (I am thinking that Russell Edgington may have killed them. Just a thought.) I am getting interested in how the werewolf and shifter plot is going. Always love to see Alcide, and it is interesting to how Hoyt, Tara, Jessica, Sam and Sheriff Andy are all being pulled into the humans killing shifters and other supes subplot.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I love Russell. So glad he's back.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Not only is the Terry Bellefleur story inane, it's so offensive to me that I watch TB now on demand and just fast forward through it. It's insulting to the men and women who serve and have served in Iraq. Although I am sure that atrocities did happen there, why depict them when they represent they such a miniscule percentage of troop experience there? If they wanted an ifrit in the story surely there was no need to have the characters commit unspeakable acts against Iraqui civilians.

Sorry if I'm ranting about this, but it really chaps my a$$. Shame on the writers.
    mindy384 and cantstopwatchin like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

This show is so hap hazard the way it lurches along! The Terry s/l is not that interesting plus it looks like they stole the Smoke Monster from Lost! Tara turning into a vampire is sad in that she really is no different than when she was human--except now one person has control over her! That fairy nightclub is ridiculous and i cant see where that is heading, nor do I want to see. If it wasnt for the characters I've become invested in over the seasons, I would just give up.

No comments about last night?

I seriously dislike Hoyt now. And this stuff about Sookie running out of her magic, like it's a pitcher of iced tea? Gawd. So stupid. She's part fae, she always will be. The vamps gone wild thing was a little odd, too.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I liked three things about last night's episode: seeing the old sheriff just for a minute, Sam rolling around on the floor to catch the scent of the supe shooters, and the vamp squad giddily walking down Bourbon Street. Alcide's shirtlessness didn't make up for the re-tred of the wolves on V story, Grandma Wolf kept randomly popping in scenes, and now we have a whole other shifter/wolf set of characters that have roped idiot Hoyt into their killing mission. I kinda won't mind if they do off all the shifters (save for Sam, who just needs to turn up at work now and again). The Terry/smoke monster thing went no where, and while I get Arlene is sad, they spent too much time on that. I'm not even sure what the point of Jason and Jessica's chat was and Sookie is just plain boring. I couldn't hardly watch the Lafayette stuff and not much happened with Pam and Tara other than Tara's crazy mom popping in. Last I knew, Tara had washed her hands of her mother long ago, so that seemed fairly pointless as well.

By this point in the season, I was hoping for some crazy, funny stuff from Russell and Rev. Steve, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

We're more than halfway through the season and I feel like almost nothing has happened.

I enjoyed Pam and Tara last night. Pam is finally gaining a little bit of appreciation for her new offspring.
    short_lived likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think there are too many storylines to follow. Wolves, vamps, fairies, a smoke monster, some voodoo guy. It's not capturing my interest the way it used to.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread