+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    This is one of the only shows that I watch (not as it's happening though) where they can have two story lines like that and make it appear that it's going to turn into one (which would be easily fastfowarded through on DVD) however what actually happens is the 2 story lines birth a third equally as annoying and pointless storyline and some how it comes with even more characters that will never die.
    Funny how you sorta want the characters to die.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Funny how you sorta want the characters to die.
    Honestly ever since season 1 I fast forward through more of the show than I actually watch. I only follow a small handful of characters as it's entirely too chaotic to try to follow all the characters on this show who all have main story lines. And they just keep adding them. One after another. I give up.

Well, at least I found out what boot and rally means.

What does boot and rally mean? - boot and rally Definition - Meaning of boot and rally | The Online Slang Dictionary

boot and rally

to vomit ("boot") due to over-consumption of alcohol, and then continue partying ("rally.")

FORT Fogey

My understanding of the "must be Thursday!" comment, was that her life was always going to be crazy and overrun with supes. These are now ordinary days for Sookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I was just thinking I needed to look this up...now I don't have to!!
    ...and YUCK!

I started reading the books a few weeks ago and I last night I finished the one that aligns with this season. I really don't mind the extension of storylines beyond what was in the book, but it took me a while to make the connection between the book and the ONE aspect of the story that seems to be happening on the show this season.

A few thoughts:
    - If they hadn't turned Tara into a perpetual victim from the beginning, I would have been interested in seeing the Tara-Mickey storyline. He sounded like a much more insidious character than Franklin was on the show (more intentionally cruel whereas Franklin on the show was just crazy).
    - I'm starting to get an inkling why people want to see Quinn on the show.
    - Calvin Norris was really a much more interesting character than they let him be in the show. The whole Hotshot storyline was handled far better in the books.
    - I thought the entire side story about werewolf politics was quite interesting, but I guess we are only going to get vamp politics with The Authority.
    - Bill on the show strikes me as quite different than Bill in the books. Is it just me? I think book Bill strikes me as less predictable.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 07-12-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I was just thinking I needed to look this up...now I don't have to!!
    ...and YUCK!

I started reading the books a few weeks ago and I last night I finished the one that aligns with this season. I really don't mind the extension of storylines beyond what was in the book, but it took me a while to make the connection between the book and the ONE aspect of the story that seems to be happening on the show this season.

A few thoughts:
    - If they hadn't turned Tara into a perpetual victim from the beginning, I would have been interested in seeing the Tara-Mickey storyline. He sounded like a much more insidious character than Franklin was on the show (more intentionally cruel whereas Franklin on the show was just crazy).
    - I'm starting to get an inkling why people want to see Quinn on the show.
    - Calvin Norris was really a much more interesting character than they let him be in the show. The whole Hotshot storyline was handled far better in the books.
    - I thought the entire side story about werewolf politics was quite interesting, but I guess we are only going to get vamp politics with The Authority.
    - Bill on the show strikes me as quite different than Bill in the books. Is it just me? I think book Bill strikes me as less predictable.
    Book Bill and TV Show Bill two different characters.

I do hope they bring in Quinn.

I've given up hope for Quinn. They totally miscast Claude, so I'd expect they'd cast some little 5 foot scrawny thing as Quinn and expect us to believe he's a weretiger. Pff.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I've given up hope for Quinn. They totally miscast Claude, so I'd expect they'd cast some little 5 foot scrawny thing as Quinn and expect us to believe he's a weretiger. Pff.
    No kidding! I had such high hopes for Quinn after they got the casting of Alcide so right. I'd love to see a big, beautiful Quinn come to town and knock all of those guys on their asses! I doubt that will happen, but I can still hope.

At this point, BookBill and TVShowBill resemble each other in name only. I wonder if AB would have followed the books more, with respect to that character, if Stephen and Anna hadn't ended up together. While I'm happy for them personally, I hate Bill and Sookie together. The books aren't about that relationship past about book 2.

There were things that AB changed from the books that made sense, from a narrative perspective, but there are other changes that have been completely unnecessary. I'm much happier now that I just consider the show fan fiction for the books. While the last several books in the series haven't been the best, they're certainly not the muddled mess that the show is turning into.

I've given up hope that ANY characters are going to get killed off. They'll just keep adding more and more characters until each episode will just be dozens of little scenes where nothing ever happens.
    causingchaos and Gala62 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well the episodes are getting whacky, but the pace is quick so the story is moving on. Who would have thought Russell would kill of Roman that quickly. The previews look downright screwy.

No way is Roman dead. That stake wasn't all the way in and he hadn't exploded. Someone will save him - likely Bill and/or Eric.

Plus,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Chris Meloni is signed on for at least 11 episodes this season, so he's not going anywhere. At least not yet.

Right now, I only care about the vamp storyline and the were/shifter storyline. The whole fire monster and Jesus/Lafayette/ Brujo nonsense is just that - nonsense. Same with the fairy club and the made-up story about Sookie and Jason's parents being killed by vamps instead of fairies.

I was totally bored by Jessica and Hoyt tonight.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread