+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

You know I kinda liked the Balls and Rally episode. It seemed as if the story is finally jelling. The plot line with Drunk and Hung Over Sookie, poor Alcide, Eric and Bill worked and they actually got results. I do think Salome is really a Sanquinista especially after she upped Bill and Eric's timeline. Even the Pam and Tara and Jessica arc was nicely done. I even (and I can't believe I am saying this) liked Tara after she turned down Hoyt. Glad to see I was right that it was an ifrit going after the troops in Terry's storyline. But really, if they edited the entire thing out it would be OK with me and the stupid Lafayette storyline. As for the shifters how the heck do humans even know about shifters? The regular population only knows about vampires, witches, weres and shifters are still in the closet. I was thinking it was the disgruntled weres that were going after the shifters because of how their past leader ended up but it looks as if that is not so. Maybe it's the fairies but shouldn't they only be after vamps? Was it really necessary to add this to the already over populated story lines? A bunch of racists going after shifters the least harmful of all the paranormals.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Poor Alcide. What a let down (for us). I wanted him to keep stripping down, but Sookie barfing all over his feet sorta ruined the mood. That man has abs to die for.

And Hoyt, in his weird 80's getup. I used to like him, now he's just sad and lame. So is the Lafayette possession weirdness. And - now we have ifrits chasing people down? Enough. Bon Temps has plenty of local weirdness...we really didn't need Arabic creatures in the mix.

Oddly, I liked Tara and her attitude much better this episode. Also Sookie and her exasperated peach schnapps hangover.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Too soon for Sookie & Alcide. Besides, she was drunk. Must be Thursday LOL!

While the "Must Be Thursday" is a great line does it actually refer to something, a song, a book?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    While the "Must Be Thursday" is a great line does it actually refer to something, a song, a book?
    No idea if it is related, but it is very similar to a line in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

...via Wikipedia (Thursday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    "In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, the character Arthur Dent says "This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays". A few minutes later the planet Earth is destroyed."

Well, we know from the books that Sookie is a big reader, but I don't think Douglas Adams is on her radar.

I don't think that line is related to anything.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Since the ifrit (efreet), according to mythology, can only be killed by magic I'm thinking Lafayette will soon be involved in Terry's storyline.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Since the ifrit (efreet), according to mythology, can only be killed by magic I'm thinking Lafayette will soon be involved in Terry's storyline.
    I'd love that. Then it would consolidate two stories I don't care about into only one.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'd love that. Then it would consolidate two stories I don't care about into only one.
    This is one of the only shows that I watch (not as it's happening though) where they can have two story lines like that and make it appear that it's going to turn into one (which would be easily fastfowarded through on DVD) however what actually happens is the 2 story lines birth a third equally as annoying and pointless storyline and some how it comes with even more characters that will never die.

I thought Sookie said "Must be thirsty!" but I could be wrong.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread