+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Oh and now it's the vamps that killed Sookie and Jason's parents and not the fairies!? WTF!? What is the point of that change?
    Not liking that one, either. Way off base, as is Terry's whole PTSD storyline. I actually flipped over to the weather when they were dragging on with that one. I didn't like Eric releasing Pam, either. Or the circus-looking strip club. Sigh. I guess there's not a lot I liked about last night's episode.

Bitter, hateful Tara and whiny, weak Sookie...this isn't the story I enjoyed reading. Five seconds of Alcide smooching at the end doesn't make up for scattered plots and useless storylines, either.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Overall the episode seemed to be put together much better than the previous ones. Liked the the Bill/Eric moments. The best scene of the night was Eric releasing Pam. There is so much connection there and it was mirrored by the Bill and Jessica moment. The Authority scenes moved along. The fairy club was OK. I know Alan Ball said that by season 3 he really was going to depart greatly from the "Southern Vampire" book series but really to change such a major plot point by saying vampires killed Sookie and Jason's parents was way too much. That was totally not needed. Unless of course the fairies are lying to Hadley. I was surprised not to see Claude stripping at the club.

Two Major Crap Story Points:

1. Sookie would never feel this guilty over Debbie Pelt's death. Debbie Pelt has come after Sookie at least twice the second time with a shotgun. Sookie killing her was self defense and her moaning over it is ridiculous and goes against her basic character.

2. I felt that entire scene showing Terry Belfleur and his army buddies getting high and drunk while on duty was stupid, it was insulting to all the veterans that have served and to the soldiers that are currently serving. That entire story arc is pointless and not interesting and if edited out no one would miss it or even realize that it was gone. Really what is the whole point?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Last night was pretty weak. I'm glad they killed off that snotty Authority kid vamp, though. I'm finding myself waiting for the comic moments that we get from Bill & Eric and Pam. I know they probably meant Sookie's drinking scene to be funny but it fell flat. Give Joe Manganiello the comedy bits, I've seen his Soup appearances and I know the guy can do funny.
    waywyrd and biggbaddgirl like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Gutted for Eric and Pam!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Give Joe Manganiello the comedy bits, I've seen his Soup appearances and I know the guy can do funny.
    He was hilarious on the Soup! Loved the end when he came out with the big gut and was doing his stripper belly roll dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Two Major Crap Story Points:

1. Sookie would never feel this guilty over Debbie Pelt's death. Debbie Pelt has come after Sookie at least twice the second time with a shotgun. Sookie killing her was self defense and her moaning over it is ridiculous and goes against her basic character.

2. I felt that entire scene showing Terry Belfleur and his army buddies getting high and drunk while on duty was stupid, it was insulting to all the veterans that have served and to the soldiers that are currently serving. That entire story arc is pointless and not interesting and if edited out no one would miss it or even realize that it was gone. Really what is the whole point?
    1. I completely agree. I was also annoyed that one second Alcide was all teary eyed with Debbie's parents talking about how part of him will always love her, then he was ready to make out with Sookie a few minutes later!? Drunk Sookie was not amusing. When she was blabbing on about how Alcide couldn't be mad at her for killing his ex-girlfriend I expected him to really get mad at her.

2. I agree even MORE! That entire seen was terrible. Insulting and pointless. I expect to see fighting in the middle east on Homeland, not True Blood.

ITA with everyone else - they need to lose the Gulf War storyline and FAST! And yes, the whole drunk/stoned thing with them was nasty and not why I watch TB. Sookie drunk was also just a snooze.

Alan Ball is on a fasttrack to alienating ( or dare I say - boring?!) his core audience.

I don't CARE about Terry and his past - I really don't. I don't want to have multiple storylines thrown at me at a rapid fire pace. I really don't. I don't like Tara. I really don't. And I especially don't like having to watch what should have been a smoking hot sexy scene between Sookie and Alcide through a window with Bill and Eric's sarcastic commentary. I REALLY DON'T.

sheesh.

I don't get why this is so hard. This show should be fun, sexy and entertaining. AB is trying to put more into it than it needs. Sometimes fluff is just fine, thanks.
    mindy384 likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Dude. That was so anti-climactic. Pun intended.
    waywyrd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Okay, so how many "main" stories do we have going right now? I'd try to bother to count, but it's not worth it unless they just start throwing in random crap. Ya know, Claire Danes turns up to hunt down information from Terry for what happened in Iraq, Jerry Seinfeld shows up to find out information from "man hands" Pam, Channing Tatum demands Alcide bust a dance move, Mariska Hargitay starts asking questions about a certain child murder. At this point, it's so comical and bizarre, the walls should be pushed.

Weirdly, the only thing I liked was the Jessica/Tara exchanges.

I enjoyed Sookie as comic relief. Her half-drunk musings about Russell and them grabbing her jacket and telling the boys to come on, so they could march into the face of danger (or whatever it was) and then her little "thank you, Tara" as she stepped through the broken door....it all made me laugh.

Don't care about the shifters storyline or anything to do with Terry. Lafayette and the bruho (sp?) crap is just ridiculous. I wish they'd just get rid of Hoyt. These attempts to keep him on the show are just silly. He served his purpose and now they need to get rid of him.

So I guess Tara and Jessica aren't going to be besties after all.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread