+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

That was Claude? Must say Allan Ball's idea of what a hot guy is and Charlaine Harris's and the vast audience differ very greatly. It's more like Pouffy Boy. Yuck. not charming, not sexy, just clear skinned. What a disaster.

Must say that the story has picked up a bit this episode but I realized they kept the Arlene/Terry story arc to a one time appearance and the rest of the time is was normal Arlene. I'm thinking that the Reverand Newland somehow influenced Jason and we will see a hot and heavy affair. I was OK with the entire Debbie Pelt story, they integrated the Sheriff Andy and girlfriend again to one scene the rest of the time it was Sheriff Andy and the Pelts. Still too much Tara and the Eric/Pam backstory seemed kinda forced but I liked seeing Bill and his maker that was a nice touch. So it looks as if they keep to the two main story lines, the Authority and the Debbie Pelt investigation and just have brief appearances of the other story arcs the episode seems to go faster and smoother and I as a viewer enjoyed it more. Hope they can keep to that ratio in future episodes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I watched about 2 seasons of TB and walked away. I loved it at first, but then something got wonky and I lost interest. Well, I may have to return. I saw Joe M? who plays on TB and is in this new movie, Magic Mike, on tv last night and OMG! What a fine looking man. I'm still so excited about seeing this guy. Was he on TB the first couple of seasons? Did he play a guy that turned into a dog?

Check it out.
    Joe Manganiello heats up the screen in 'Magic Mike' and 'True Blood' | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I watched about 2 seasons of TB and walked away. I loved it at first, but then something got wonky and I lost interest. Well, I may have to return. I saw Joe M? who plays on TB and is in this new movie, Magic Mike, on tv last night and OMG! What a fine looking man. I'm still so excited about seeing this guy. Was he on TB the first couple of seasons? Did he play a guy that turned into a dog?

Check it out.
    Joe Manganiello heats up the screen in 'Magic Mike' and 'True Blood' | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
    Nah, the character you are thinking of is Sam Merlotte (played by Sam Trammell). Joe Manganiello plays Alcide, a werewolf that doesn't appear until season 3.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Nah, the character you are thinking of is Sam Merlotte (played by Sam Trammell). Joe Manganiello plays Alcide, a werewolf that doesn't appear until season 3.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I would have remembered this guy. He said there would be much more of his bare butt this season. Lots of callers were interested. LOL I may have to check it out. First, I 'm going to see Magic Mike.

US Magazine is reporting that Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are expecting twins!

Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer Are Expecting Twins! - UsMagazine.com

I agree with whoever wrote that article: There's something in the water over at the TB set. Sam Trammell's girlfriend had twins not all that long ago.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I don't want to sound mean, but I just don't care about the Moyers' connubial bliss or their offspring. In the HBO story they have outgrown each other. I truly hope (deeply) that HBO doesn't take us to the chiasma of human/Vampire offspring. Please, please, please do NOT go there.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I don't care about their characters being together, but I certainly wish the actors well. It's two separate things.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

My response was tongue-in-cheek, Crit. I have a certain disdain for them as a couple, given that he has a "former" family in England. But I wish their twins well, too.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

There are just too many main story lines going on. Eric & Bill are out for finding Russel, Pam is dealing with being let go from her master and shepherding Tara. And then there's the whole Gulf War flash backs (which still seem out of place to me). And good gods, the fairie stuff. I want some simple escape TV.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    There are just too many main story lines going on. Eric & Bill are out for finding Russel, Pam is dealing with being let go from her master and shepherding Tara. And then there's the whole Gulf War flash backs (which still seem out of place to me). And good gods, the fairie stuff. I want some simple escape TV.
    I agree, especially about the fairie and Gulf War crap. What a waste of time! I like Scott Foley....and really, I like Todd Lowe too, but that storyline is a waste of time. It can go away right now. That's snack break time for me. As soon as they bungled the casting of Claudine - and then killed her - I lost all interest on any of the fairie business. I bet we'll never see Niall.

Oh and now it's the vamps that killed Sookie and Jason's parents and not the fairies!? WTF!? What is the point of that change?

We have to sit through endless scenes of Terry and whathisface driving around and then wandering that property in SD and yet, after we wait for, what, 2+ seasons for Sookie and Alcide to hook up, we have to watch most of it through a window? I need more of a payoff than that! We'd better get more of them together next week. Based on the previews, it looks like we might.

The best scenes tonight were with Pam and Eric, hands down.

+ Reply to Thread