+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Last night I watched Falling Skies as my main show and taped True Blood. I enjoyed it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Storylines are getting setup nicely for the season. Glad that Tara found some food, poor thing. However, her solution to ending her dilemma is rather tortuous. There was an easier way to do that. Guess that illustrates how awful she feels. Looking forward to the Pam interaction next week! I like funny Arlene & Terry, not this serious combat stuff. Sookie revealed to Alcide pretty quickly that she killed Debbie. Thought that would drag on much longer. The Authority is intriguing...

Sooo who was the fairy they showed in the convenience store? That could NOT have been Claude?! If they make him that homely, I will seriously be over this show

Also, since AB has left the books so far behind (Quinn, oh my Quinn )...why not have Sookie and Alcide get together? If for no other reason than to see him with less clothing!! lol
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Oh, that can't be Claude. Please, no. That guy is so far away from Claude it's not funny.

About the only thing I enjoyed this episode was the Pam/Eric backstory. And I guess the Authority stuff is getting a little more intriguing. But really, way too much time is being spent on Tara and Terry - they need to stay as minor characters. I'm hoping that Tara stays in that tanning bed, but I know it won't happen. Pam will probably be guilted into saving her sorry butt.

If they're going to keep boring characters like Tara, I need more Eric and Alcide. Clothing optional.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh, come ON. Claude is supposed to be tall, flowing black hair, stunningly good-looking. A stripper that has women falling all over him. This dude looks like one of Jessica's college party pals.

Very disappointed.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Well, if they can change Claudine - in both appearance and storyline - so drastically, I guess we shouldn't be surprised that they'll do it with Claude too Now watch, he's straight too.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

OH you have GOT to be kidding...they're punking us now...right?

right?

I was giggling when I was reading the Inside TV article (thanks Critical!!)...they think we're going to buy women falling over HIM? I'm sure he's a very nice guy IRL but he's not Claude! Not even close.

sigh...and not that it matters at this point, but Claude wouldn't be caught dead in a tacky convenient store. He'd probably have stuff delivered ... just saying
    Critical likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I have to say I thought he was really cute in a James Frain kind of way. Glad not to be disappointed, not having read the books.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    OH you have GOT to be kidding...they're punking us now...right?

right?

I was giggling when I was reading the Inside TV article (thanks Critical!!)...they think we're going to buy women falling over HIM? I'm sure he's a very nice guy IRL but he's not Claude! Not even close.

sigh...and not that it matters at this point, but Claude wouldn't be caught dead in a tacky convenient store. He'd probably have stuff delivered ... just saying
    Totally! I don't think the actor is bad looking, but he's definitely not going to be modeling for romance novel covers like bookClaude. I'll be even more pissed if they make him straight. That was the whole thing with that character - women throwing themselves at him and him being amused and disgusted.

It's not like there's a shortage of hot men in Hollywood.

+ Reply to Thread