+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 205 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3239293;
    Shay, how did you find that? I couldn't find her name anywhere.

I think I'll just have to pick up those books and read them while waiting for the second season. Thanks for the info, Mike'sgirl!
    I told you guys that I "study" the episode after I've watched it for fun. Her name was in the credits at the end of the episode.

I'm seriously tempted to read the books, too. Are they under the name "True Blood"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member

No they are they all start will Dead in the first name the first book is called Dead Until Dark - there are eight books thus far and the ninth Dead and Gone comes out next year. Thanks again to Mike'sGirl for getting me hooked on them. The author is Charlaine Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3239380;
    I told you guys that I "study" the episode after I've watched it for fun. Her name was in the credits at the end of the episode.

I'm seriously tempted to read the books, too. Are they under the name "True Blood"?
    paridy is correct - they are sometimes referred to as the Sookie Stackhouse series since the author has other series books as well. "True Blood" follows the "dead" storylines:

1 Dead Until Dark
    2 Living Dead in Dallas
    3 Club Dead
    4 Dead to the World
    5 Dead as a Doornail
    6 Definitely Dead
    7 All Together Dead
    8 From Dead to Worse

9 Dead and Gone (due out in May of 2009) will not be the last in the series by Charlaine Harris.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3239380;

Sheesh, you'd think HBO would have listed her in the credits on their site.

I just found a box set of the first seven books on Amazon for a little over 30 bucks. I think I'll order them this afternoon...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3239524;
    Sheesh, you'd think HBO would have listed her in the credits on their site.

I just found a box set of the first seven books on Amazon for a little over 30 bucks. I think I'll order them this afternoon...

Beware, the books are addicting. I usually read them straight thru in one night, and then go back and reread them about a week later to pick up the details I missed.

Just watch the titles of the books, Charlaine Harris writes 2 or 3 other series of books and some of them have "dead" in the titles.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Premium Member

Wow they already left a cliffhanger for next season--poor Lafayette going to miss him. Poor Bill now he is stuck with Jessica. I knew there was something creepy about Maryann
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I bet she is the maenad from Living Dead in Dallas her and Sam have a thing
    . Now Jason is with the Fellowship of the Sun, great another dumb thing to do Jason. It sucks we have to wait till next summer to see more. Boo.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm convinced that Maryann is, somehow, satanic. There were lots of satanic references around her camera time.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3240034;
    Wow they already left a cliffhanger for next season--poor Lafayette going to miss him. Poor Bill now he is stuck with Jessica. I knew there was something creepy about Maryann. Now Jason is with the Fellowship of the Sun, great another dumb thing to do Jason. It sucks we have to wait till next summer to see more. Boo.
    I'll miss Lafayette too. He had style! I wondered if the bratty new vampire got him. But it looked like someone did it who doesn't like Detective Bellefleur, what with leaving the body in his car.

I will miss Amy as well. She had an unlikeable character, but the scenes where she and Jason were high on V. were so groovy and beautiful. I would have watched this show just for the sake of those scenes, and now she is gone Loved Steven Root's portrayal of Eddie, too; sorry to see him go as well.

Jason does not look as hot when he is all churched up. I think I saw that actor as the brother in a movie called Flicka. Love him!

As for Bill, his character was sort of boring, so I am glad they gave him Jessica to shake things up. Hope it stays funny and doesn't cross over into annoying. They were using some tired jokes for her character. I like the sheriff vampire Erik and his lieutenant (can't remember her name, but she has almost as much style as Lafayette did! Liked the knit blue outfit she had on when they were dropping off the troubled teen vamp at Bill's.)

As for Maryann, I think that actress was the wife in In Treatment, the HBO series with Gabriel Byrne. I wonder if that is coming back. At first I thought her character was recruiting for a brothel or something, but now it looks to be another supernatural storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3242392;
    I'll miss Lafayette too. He had style! I wondered if the bratty new vampire got him. But it looked like someone did it who doesn't like Detective Bellefleur, what with leaving the body in his car.

I will miss Amy as well. She had an unlikeable character, but the scenes where she and Jason were high on V. were so groovy and beautiful. I would have watched this show just for the sake of those scenes, and now she is gone Loved Steven Root's portrayal of Eddie, too; sorry to see him go as well.

Jason does not look as hot when he is all churched up. I think I saw that actor as the brother in a movie called Flicka. Love him!

As for Bill, his character was sort of boring, so I am glad they gave him Jessica to shake things up. Hope it stays funny and doesn't cross over into annoying. They were using some tired jokes for her character. I like the sheriff vampire Erik and his lieutenant (can't remember her name, but she has almost as much style as Lafayette did! Liked the knit blue outfit she had on when they were dropping off the troubled teen vamp at Bill's.)

As for Maryann, I think that actress was the wife in In Treatment, the HBO series with Gabriel Byrne. I wonder if that is coming back. At first I thought her character was recruiting for a brothel or something, but now it looks to be another supernatural storyline.
    The actress playing MaryAnn is Michelle Forbes. She has been is a lot of series.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Well, I was able to find some free download sites and had a bit of a three day marathon and watched episodes 3 through 12. I must say as a whole the series is excellent and it is amazing how the producers and writers were able to mine as much info out of the first book and make each individual episode riveting. I also like how they are introducing characters from the second novel (Living Dead in Dallas) and setting up the opening scene of the second book in the season 1 finale. I have just finished listening to Living Dead in Dallas as an audio book and am looking forward to the second season. Will we have to wait until next September? as that would be a shame to wait that long.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread