+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Comments on episode 2.

Still wish Tara had met the True Death, don't like her, don't like her plot line.

Like seeing Pam and how she was Made.

The Terry Belfleur story seems intriguing getting that tingly feeling. Luv'd seeing Arlene be a strong Southern Belle and telling the boys to "fix it".

The main Authority plot seems tolerable. Kinda interested to see where Allan Ball takes this History of the Vampyr.

Seeing Jason get his comeuppance seems forced and unnecessary, rather pointless but it might be fun to see Steve Newlan and Jason Stackhouse in a full blown affair.

Seeing Luna go crazy was simply stupid as was most of the pack politics. The producers made it seem as if the entire werewolf pack was stupid, lowlife, criminals and even more stupid. Hate, Hate, Hate what Ball is doing to the Werewolf Mythos. Boo...Hiss

Best scene of the episode was seeing Emma (Luna's daughter) as a wolf pup. That was precious.

Looks as if Claude is going to show up next episode per the previews.

PS: Any one planning to see Magic Mike when it comes out?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Jason: "That's eating the pie without having to buy the cow."
    Leave it to Jason to come up with something like that.

I could really do without the addict Andy storyline, and whatever this stuff with Terry is about. I like those characters, but we're getting too spread out again with so many storylines. Tara is going to be just as annoying a vampire as she was human.

And I agree, they're making the whole wolfpack seem like white trash meth-heads or something. Except Alcide.
    mindy384 likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Leave it to Jason to come up with something like that.

I could really do without the addict Andy storyline, and whatever this stuff with Terry is about. I like those characters, but we're getting too spread out again with so many storylines. Tara is going to be just as annoying a vampire as she was human.

And I agree, they're making the whole wolfpack seem like white trash meth-heads or something. Except Alcide
    They did the same thing with the werepanthers. They completely ruined Calvin Norris, who was one of the most noble, kind characters in the books.

I could do without the Terry/Arlene storyline. They can be relegated to periodic comedic relief during scenes in Merlotte's, IMO. I also wouldn't mind if Tara ends uip being staked. I thought her banging around Sookie's house was hilarious, which is probably not what they were going for. She was like a Tasmanian Devil ping pong ball bouncing around the house.

Don't care about Steve Newlin and, sorry, I don't care about Jessica partying with those college idiots. I like Jessica, but they've totally wasted her so far this season.

I'm never going to complain about Alcide (although I'll admit I'm happier when he's in less clothing than he's had on this season), but the were stuff is not impressing me so far.

I'll keep watching, but it's not a show I look forward to each week like I do GOT. At this point, the list of things I don't like is longer than the list of things I do. don't know, maybe all would be forgiven if a certain weretiger came to town. I don't think we'll ever see him, but a girl can dream.....
    mindy384 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The show just started....

Is it bad that when the voice over announces "And now, the HBO original series..." I keep hoping it says Game of Thrones? Probably not good for TB.
    I'm worse...I keep expecting to hear "Six Feet Under" or "Sex and the City".

An observation - it kind of sucks, IMO, that Christopher Meloni is above Kristin Bauer von Straten in the opening credits. Pam makes the show for me and I'd probably stop watching if she was gone.
    Usually, after the 6 leads (Sookie, Bill, Sam, Jason, Tara & Eric), the rest of the cast is alphabetical. But Chris must have negotiated to be slipped in between the leads and the alphabetical regulars. Eric was the most recent to get a promotion to the top tier.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

When Lafayette was poised to stake Tara, Sookie should have let him! Its pretty obvious that Tara hates them for making her a vampire and will just run amok causing all sorts of trouble!
    That reverend makes a much better character as a gay vampire than he ever did in the past. That scene where Jessica was describing how Jason is worth $20,000 is so funny.
    I really dont get what the vamps holding Eric and Bill are all about. One keeps asking if they see humans as strictly food, says they are against that, but, it feels like they are not. I cant get past Meloni's past on OZ and Law & Order to seriously accept him as the big leader of the vampires.
    Those prison scenes are horrible what with the light burning them and the silver in their veins!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I was really liking Tara as a mute vampire. So much for that. Stake her already. Please!

The whole Authority story is confusing me. One moment they seem to be "evangelical" vampires swallowing drops of Lilith blood and they next they are torturing Bill and Eric, vowing to stamp out the fundamentalists. Fun watching Roman, though. He was definitely channeling Stabler.

Newlin is comical. Imagine finding it less offensive to come out publicly as a vampire than it would be to come out as gay?

The wolf pack scenes continue to disgust. Pam's backstory saved the show for me. But, even that was a little off. The architecture and streets were more the London of Jack the Ripper than the streets of San Francisco. But Eric and Pam were so riveting and elegant the set became insignificant.
    mindy384 likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I thought last nights episode was rather good. I just love Pam to bits! And seeing her story unfold is exciting. I loved the "I am doing something, I'm laughing." comment! Also, the Tara thing is still interesting to me, as is the Authority. Chris Meloni's Roman is pretty cool. And I can't wait to see Russell back and cause all hell to break loose. Emma as the wolf puppy was pretty funny.. what a cute pup they used.

Everyone here keeps saying how much they wished Tara was killed off.. not me. I wish they killed off (or will soon kill off) Sam & Hoyt. They were both OK in season one... maybe into season 2, but I just can't stand them anymore... I haven't been able to for awhile. Ugh. And take Luna with 'em. Why she went all pycho on Sam, I don't know, or even care.

Alas, I'm still a fan of the show, and I'm willing to see where they go with most of the stories. Maybe I'm just open-minded, or simple... or maybe both.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

I'll say one thing about Hoyt: His mom is comedy gold. The way she secretly thanked Jason while shuffling him out of the house gave me the biggest laugh of the episode.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Are Terry and Arlene the only people who still work at Merlottes? Sam, Sookie, and Lafayette need to get back to work. There really are too many "main" characters this season; some need to be put back in the background. Lots of us enjoy Maxine (I know I do) but she's used sparingly, except for where it makes sense for her to be in the plot more. That's how Terry and Arlene should be used and where they work best. This bizarre PTSD/war story just doesn't fit. Same thing with Sam--I want him back to being the more level-headed boss at Merlottes, helping out where needed. I don't really give a rat's ass about Luna or her kid (the wolf was cute though).

I enjoy the show the most when it just throws up its hands and goes for full-on camp. I hope that once Russell is back in full form, it'll really take off in that direction.

So I was reading down the page of this thread and realized I was just clicking "Like," "Like," and "Like" again. With that in mind, I feel like I should further emphasize how wonderful and correct these insights are--why isnt someone from HBO reading these critiques...we could really make the show much better!

+ Reply to Thread